Dr. Denise Hom MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 22nd, 2015
Dr Homm listens to me when I am addressing concerns, is easy to talk with and never makes me feel like I have wasted my time.

November 8th, 2012
Not very polite
Abrupt and seems cold. Didn't seem to she was taking what I said into account. Did not have confidence in diagnosis.

October 29th, 2012
Dr Hom has been my Dr for over 10 years. She has seen me for a lot of different health issues. Some more serious than others. She always listens to me. Knows how to treat each different health situation. I wouldn't go to any other Dr.

April 16th, 2012
Dr. Hom is very professional the only thing is she treats you like a number and not a person. Very in and out and like she is in a big hurry all the time. God Doctor just feel very rushed.

March 21st, 2012
My old doctor left the group, so I picked Dr. Hom as our new doctor. I met her the first time today. She listened to me as to what my concerns were, she adjusted by medications, told me to follow up with a new visit in one month and lab work done in 2 months. She was attentive, caring, explained how to do certain exams. I felt safe and comfortable. I am a male and this is my first female doctor and I am very happy with her compared to my prior doctor.

March 21st, 2012
I like her!
I like Dr. Hom. She's caring, asks me if I have any questions, is friendly, and efficient. I have not had a misdiagnosis from her in the 6 years I've been going to her. I would recommend her. Unfortunately, the office is so busy that it's hard to get an appointment right away, unless it's urgent.

February 1st, 2012
Cold
I couldn't believe how horrible my appointment went with this dr. I asked for a new birth control, and she wouldn't tell me what she was going to prescribe me. Then I continued to tell her about suffering PTSD from the suicide of my 19 year old brother and without saying another word, she asked if I need a refill on my prescription for the medicine I was on to treat it. Further more, I told her about gaining 45lbs in the year after he died despite continuous diet and exercise (I trained for an ran 3 half marathons in that year) and she told me I needed to try harder to lose weight, that's all it was. 8 minutes with her and I left feeling horrible. I'll never go back. The office was pretty gross too, and the rest of the staff wasn't very friendly either.

April 12th, 2011
No Bedside Manners
As a 44 yr old I came to her explaining that I had been having weird heart palputations and that my father died at 47yrs old of a heart attack. I asked her if there were tests to see if I may have early heart desease, she said only EKG and seemed very disinterested. In Jan 2011 I was having extreamly painful headaches with memory lapses and lack of ability to process words, she asked my why I didn't just take an asprin for my headache and when I asked to see a Nerologist she said "if that would make you feel better but in the mean time just take an asprin". This was said with MUCH sarcasm.I have since left her practice and been diagnosed proporly.

August 19th, 2010
Great Doctor
Dr.Hom is energetic and awesome. She has always asked me the questions that got to the root of my illnesses. She talks fast and asks a lot of questions, which may not be your style but it gets quick answers out of people who probably ramble on and waste the time of the people waiting in the lobby for THEIR appointment. I have received proper treatment every time she has seen me, which lately has been pretty often. I give her an excellent rating!

August 13th, 2010
I had been having symptoms off and on for a while but put off going to the doctor until I could truly identify what was bothering me. This doctor did not even let me finish telling her my symptoms before she sent me away to "get labs". She did not examine me at all. She did not ask any follow up questions or investigate any of my symptoms. After the labs were drawn, the office sent me a form letter telling me to lower my cholesterol. That is not the root of my problem, nor has my problem been solved by her. I am shopping for a new doctor...one who will actually be interested in delivering health CARE.