Dr. Denise Rettenmaier DO Patient Reviews

• Geriatric Medicine Yountville, CA

3.8

December 22nd, 2016
I can't believe I found a Dr. who cares!
I am very fortunate to have found Dr. Rettenmaier. I was skeptical of the services I would receive at the Vets Home in Yountville, but truly am very HAPPY with Dr. Rettenmaier. She makes me feel a genuine care for my well being and actually listens to my concerns. The best Dr. I have ever had take care of me!

May 6th, 2014
If there were a 10 star rating, Dr. Rettenmaier would get it! I have never met a more caring doctor of their patients as she is. Dr. Rettenmaier is the MOST thorough doctor I've ever had. She will run every test known to get to the root source of your problem. She takes time to listen to you, which many don't have the time. She is an expert in Dementia and Alzheimer's disease. I appreciate her willingness to explain your diagnosis and teach you what exactly is going on without the usual doctor jargon. The Veterans Home lacks the amount of physicians needed to care for their large populations. Doctors are human too and get stressed out like most of us. The doctors at the Vets Home are over worked and lack support from their chief. The level of care has declined there because of Sacramento's greediness and unwillingness to put our Veterans needs first. The doctors that have stayed on staff in Yountville do a heck of a job for what they have to work with. The Veterans in Yountville are EXTREMELY blessed to have Dr. Rettenmaier on staff to take care of us!

April 5th, 2013
This is the most inefficient, rude and intimidating doctor we have ever seen. Waiting 1 hr to see her is nothing, have been waiting to see her for 4 days. She ordered pain medication for patient but failed to notify nurse at ward station, Yountville. She ordered a splint but failed to provide it. She intimidates female patients with her manner and failure to answer questions or information about fairly serious medical issues. Can't be more specific now as repercussions from her are usual for patients who are scared or dissatisfied. How did she get a position at Yountville when her hostility and anger is not what our deserving veterans need. She is an embarrassment to her profession. Get her a job at "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" next time they need a gross, crude nurse.