Dr. Denise Sackett Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Denise Sackett?

Posted on April 26th, 2017

Dr. Denise Sackett is very thorough with physicals, a dr. I feel comfortable with.

Highly recommend

Posted on February 26th, 2015

I received great care. Knowledgeable/caring provider

Inexperience

Posted on January 11th, 2014

I won't spend a large amount of time bashing her because I never even met her....all I ever saw was the NP who was nice enough but could never diagnose me correctly. Visit after visit, charge after charge. Then they pester me each month for another visit to refill my script. They must have called my house 30x trying. They are annoying and its clear they are trying for volume business. My condition did not require any more than 2 visits per year so just approve the darn script. But with all this healthcare nonsense & Obamacare, these doctors need volume. Run away from this lady, shes young and hires NP 3 days out of school who end up seeing all the patients. Apparently shes curing cancer and is too busy.

Run!

Posted on October 15th, 2013

I had severe pain in my abdomen and back and haven't had bowel movements in days, and I didn't know what was causing it but it was becoming unbearable. I went to a minuteclinic at CVS to see if I had some kind of infection. I took a urine test there and recommended I get blood drawn to see if I was diabetic. I am new to Gilbert and wanted to find a good primary care doctor. I googled for ages, and decided this would be a nice place to check out. So I show up, and immediately get yelled at by the receptionists for not coming 30 minutes ahead of time, which on the phone they mentioned NOTHING about... I should have walked out the door right there and then. But they just so happened to have an empty slot when I arrived.... Most unfriendly staff I've ever met. So they take me back, and I only get to talk to the Nurse Practitioner, which at that time, I felt really good about. She seemed to go really in depth with me. She ordered Bloodtests, urine test, Xrays and an ultrasound. She never refilled my inhaler like she said though, which I thought was weird... But she seemed like the only level-headed individual in the building. So I get the Xrays and ultrasounds done at the places they sent me to. Days pass, and I get a call. ALL this call said was that I had visible stool and to come in if I was in pain. They didn't give me any results about my blood, xrays, or ultrasounds, no information on what I should do. Nothing. Which made no sense since I went there in the first place since I was in severe pain and just spent lots of money on tests to find out what was wrong... I've spent enough money there and went to a new doctor for a second opinion (and to speak with an actual doctor.) This new doctor went into the websites to look at the ultrasound and xrays that were taken. What he found was ASTONISHING. Yes, I was filled SIGNIFICANTLY with stool, but also, My SPINE is curved and twisted! My tailbone is pointing inward. Not only that, but the person who looks over Xrays and ultrasounds LEFT NOTES ABOUT WHAT HE SAW. He also retook my bloodtests. WHICH I AM LOW AND HIGH IN SEVERAL THINGS. I don't even need to go into details there!!!! APPALLING. Now I am getting the proper attention and care I need. Please get second opinions after going to this office! Better yet, skip this place!!! So unprofessional!!!! Not sure if they are playing a guessing game, or trying to fish in money! Wish I could write more about the Doctor, but they are missing in action.

Posted on June 6th, 2013

I was looking for a new PCP closer to home, and found this group on a Internet search, read some reviews, read their website, and decided it sounded like a good practice to go to. But their website and front office staff failed to tell me, when I made my first appointment to establish patient care and get some medications refilled, that they DO NOT fill or prescribe controlled substances, EVER! So, I spent 30 min filling out paperwork, got straight back to the exam room and within minutes the provider entered, kindly introduced herself, sat down and promptly asked me which medications from the list of daily medications I provided them, was I looking to get filled. I pointed out my anxiety medicine that I've been taking for 3 years, as well as the medicine I take to help me sleep, both of which are controlled substances. So, our new pt/provider meeting ended right there. The provider did, however give me the name and number of a provider not too far away that she felt could help me, which was nice. I was just shocked! I had no idea that PCP's would make such a blanket statement that "We don't prescribe or fill any controlled substances at this office"! That statement should be included in the "About Us" section of their website!!

Excellent Doctor

Posted on January 31st, 2013

Coming from the medical field, I have to say that I have never been so impressed by a medical office & physicians. We will need look for another practice.

Lacking Concern/Knowledge For Paitent Well Being

Posted on October 16th, 2012

My first visit with Dr. Denise Sackett over 3 years ago was a very pleasant one and thought I picked the right primary care physican for me.... although Dr. Sackett's time spent with her paitents has decreased drastically....lucky to spend 10mins with her before she picks up her computer & departs. For a paitent she has indicated several times is a model of health I would have thought more concern & emphasis would have been made when she has seen me several times in 2012 for lower back pain (mentioned to her during 2011 annual exam & sent for x-rays) had me sent to PT not once but 3 times with no MRI requested. After 3rd time to PT w/ severe sciactic pain & 2 prescriptions of vicodin (over 3 weeks & 1 visit to the ER) I demanded the MRI during a followup for the ER visit w/ the NP. 9 days later going over the MRI w/ Dr. Sackett she didn't give me the full/correct results, those were down played. The true results were revealed to me during my PT visit. (Dr. Sackett did not send over the MRI results they were requested from imaging after I spoke w/ PT) The lack of follow-up & proactive approach has been unbelievable. I truely believe Dr. Sackett's lack of action allowed my condition to progress to the severe stage it is at today...& the only resoultion maybe surgery, plus dealing with severe chronic pain daily.

Posted on May 31st, 2012

Dr. Denise Sackett's office staff are so nice and caring. The really welcome you and put you at ease. And when I met with Dr. Denise Sackett, she was very professional and knowledgeable in daignosing annd providng helpful feedback. I would definitely recommend Dr. Denise Sackett for any of your medical needs.

Fantastic Physician

Posted on May 11th, 2011

Understandable why she's earned the accolades as a physician. She truly is a one-of a kind Dr, who treats you with total respect, ,listens to your every word and makes careful diagnoses.She is also genuinely very caring.

Best Dr. In The East Valley

Posted on December 3rd, 2010

After seeing Dr's that are just patient mills and rushing you in and out I found Dr. Denise Sackett. She is INCREDIBLE...She listens to your concerns, makes you feel comfortable, and truly cares for her patients. Also, he new PA Megan is the same way. I have seen her twice and she is just as caring and attentive. I would recommend this practice to anyone who is looking for a Dr who is NOT just about Money and seeing as many people as possible.

Great Dr. caring and takes her time!

Posted on August 11th, 2010

Dr. Sackett has been my primary care physician for over 2 years now. Before her I was at a "chop shop" where you came in and out and the Dr. saw you for maybe 2 minutes. Dr. Sackett will spend as much time as needed and I always feel welcome like she is happy to have me as a patient. She always answers my questions, and if I have a concern about anything she addresses it. I never feel rushed or mistreated.

horrible..the worst i havee ever experienced!!!!

Posted on March 31st, 2010

unbelievable!! first of all i have made apppointments with her never actually saw her only her PA. the wait time is horrible i have never waited less than an hour to see a doctor the most was almost two hours!! just to see the doctor for not even 10 minutes. the office only had 2patients in their for the female doctor. while i was there 4 patients were in and out of the male doctors office. the female doctors were always just sitting in their offices on computers. the doctors dont even know anything about the patients they see..they just flat out dont care. they are not helpful at all. not to mention the condition of the office lets just say the bathroom door doesnt even have a working lock. do yourself and your health a favor choose another doctor. i was beyond disappointed with this doctor and office.

Doctor's Response

Although this is an anonymous review, I know exactly who this patient is. Without violating confidentiality, I can say that she was seen in my office only once. She was seen for a New Patient appointment. She did see my PA, Megan Hoover, who is quite capable. Importantly, Patient are always able to request to see me personally. You only need to ask when you schedule your appointment! I agree that a wait time of 2 hours would be unacceptable. I do my very best to run on time. In this particular situation, we always ask new patients to arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork. She was in the office for a total of an hour and 11 minutes, including the time for her paperwork (30 min) and the time of her visit ( 30 min)- so her wait time was actually about 11 minutes. thanks! Denise R Sackett, DO