Dr. Denise Satterfield Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Denise Satterfield?

Horrible staff

Posted on December 3rd, 2013

I waited 5 months for my sons eye appt and finally the day came. When we arrived the staff was far less than warm and welcoming. There was a dispute over my sons insurance because he's double covered. The staff would not see him unless he had a referral from his secondary doctor as well as his primary. They were extremely rude. After waiting so long for my 1 1/2 year old to be seen they wouldn't even give us the time of day. I would not recommend this office to anyone and will be talking to his pediatrician about not recommending people here.

not what you expect from a pediatric optimologist.

Posted on July 30th, 2012

Her assistant was great with our give year old, but she was obviously rushed, seemed very impatient and didn't explain anything first before holding down my kid and forcing drops in her eyes. A little explanation and patience would have gone a long way toward making our kid comfortable instead of afraid of what she might do next. Awful bedside manner.

Dr. Satterfield is amazing and so is her staff

Posted on February 23rd, 2012

I'm so happy with Dr. Satterfield and her staff. She educates her patients and deems appropriate treatment. As a registered nurse in this community for 20 years, I've come across plenty of doctors. Dr. Satterfield is fabulous!

severely disappointed

Posted on January 17th, 2012

Dr. Did not appear able to handle our appt. She dilated my 1 1/2 year old daughter's eyes (who cried ofcourse) and so when she went to do the exam she didn't do a thorough job since my daughter was crying. She then sounded half positive in her diagnosis and THEN proceeded to circle totally different issues in their flyer (after she said she didn't see any sign of those issues) and then handed us the flier and walked out. Never to return or say thank you, goodbye, or anything. Will never ever go back or recommend her. Hopefully there is another doctor I can go to and get an appropriate second opinion.

Daughter patient for 8 yrs

Posted on July 8th, 2011

We love it at Dr. Satterfield's. My daughter has severe strabismus complicated by being born very premature. We had been going to the clinics at UCDMC, where she was hospitalized, but the long clinic wait times were unbearable. We live over an hour away and are happy to travel this far to see Dr. Satterfield. Our pediarician recommended her and we've been very happy. We have always experienced a short wait time and pleasant staff.Dr. Satterfield has a great repore with my daughter, she's very thorough, explains things, and we've had two surgeries with her and we couldn't be happier. We would, and have, recommended her to others.

II LOVE Dr. Satterfield

Posted on June 7th, 2011

When I read the criticism of the office I was hesitant but I was desperate to correct my double vision and my ophthalmologist assured me she was the best.. I not only agree but but she showed the confidence and optimism that only comes from the knowledge that she knows exactly what she is doing. She did a wonderful thing for me and her staff was there supporting her, providing me with everything I needed from them. I highly recommend them all.

Posted on July 26th, 2016