Dr. Denise Shaw MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

May 1st, 2013
Finding a new doctor ASAP
I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant and have met Dr. Shaw twice, for a grand total of about ten minutes time spent with her. Early in my pregnancy, the office called me and told me that I had a placental tear but not to worry about it. At my next visit, I asked about it and was told that I did NOT have a tear and I must have been called by mistake. I show up on time for every appointment and still sit in the waiting room anywhere from 20-45 minutes, while other girls come in and announce that they're 10 minutes late for their appointment, and they get whisked back immediately. The new nurse practitioner is VERY pushy about her epidural beliefs, and after I verbalized my decision on it, I was given a ten minute lecture and my questions about alternative pain relief techniques were completely disregarded. The ladies at the front desk are rude at each and every visit, regardless of how polite you are. My overall experience has been overwhelmingly negative, and I regret staying with this Doctor and her office for so long.

July 25th, 2012
worst bedside manner
U will never see Dr Shaw in your visits. Just her rude helpers she isn't personable or friendly . To the point and goodbye . She delivered my son. Labor 18 hours I saw her a couple times and she made me push so hard I blew a blood vessel by my cervics . She was only there to pull my baby out and she was gone. Worst doctor from beginning to end. I would never ever recommend her to even a enemy of mine lol she's terrible.

August 20th, 2011
Great Physician
I have been seeing Dr Shaw for years now. She was with me all the way through my first pregnancy and when we decide to have another child I will be using her again. She is an excellent doctor. Friendly, caring, great bedside manner, and intelligent! I do occasionally see the nurse practioner and I dont mind. The staff and nurse practioner's are there to assist the doctor and they all do a great job. I'm so blessed to have such a great OBGYN. I always recommend her to everyone! Each experience is going to be different.. we are talking about a specialist doctor.. So that means they are going to get called to emergencies and yeah your appt might get cancelled or you might see the nurse practioner and yes sometimes there is a long wait. Just think if you were seeing the Doctor and you and/or your baby were having trouble wouldn't you want your doctor to spend whatever time necessary to help you?? Yes I think so and that my friends is why a specialist office can get behind schedule! It happens... get over it or get another doctor.

August 15th, 2011
I am useing Dr. Denise Shaw for the second time, and I'm completly satisfied with how she does her work. On my first child I was terrified of what what going to happen. I didn't know wat to expect, or what to do if I was to go into labor early. Dr.Shaw was there with the perfect answer to EVERY question I had. Now I am having my seco.d child and have very few worries about what's going to happen. She and her staff let me know everythning I need to know, and make it easy for me to ask questions, make an appointment, and get ready for the big day. I recommend Dr. Shaw for ur choice in a OBGYN.

July 13th, 2011
Worst Ever!
HORRIBLE customer service! Absolutely pathetic, selfish people! They only care about their paycheck, not the patient. If you call in advnace to get an estimate of the services and what you will pay, assume it will be 5 times that amount becuase they will do things without even asking you and informing you that your bill will be huge! Then they say there in nothing they can do about it and hang up on you. Save your money and GO SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR!!!

June 11th, 2010
Throughout the entire time I was pregnant, I mainly saw the nurse practitioner. I finally met Dr. Shaw when I was 5 months along. When they gave me a pap on my first visit, they called back to just tell me I had an abnormal pap and I needed to come in for a follow. They never did and when I went in, Dr. Shaw said there was no need to. When I did the gestational diabetes, I didn't find out until after my son was born that they should have sent me to a nutrionist the first go round. I kept complaining about pains and they wouldn't check it out. Each visit, they stayed in the room for at least 5 min. When my son was born, I was bleeding everywhere from placenta abruptiva. If they did an ultrasound, could they have noticed the placenta was breaking away from the uterus? They only did one ultrasound when I was 20 weeks. The night I had my son, I was rushed to a closer hospital because of bad I was bleeding and they couldn't get ahold of her because "she wasn't on call that night." St. Johns in Owasso called her and left her a message (this was on Saturday night/Sunday morning). I was supposed to be induced the following Monday, and she called my home wondering where I was at. But also called St. John in Tulsa. I will never recommend her EVER and I have friends that go to her and they do not recommend her either.

May 25th, 2010
Five Gold Stars for Dr. Shaw. Excellent care
Dr shaws staff called me to reschedule (which was a pain for me) but I understood since her office is in broken arrow and she has to deliver babies at st francis hospital in tulsa which is about 25 minutes away from her location. She is really good, very caring, and knowlegable about new meds and procedures. I think she' great. I prefer Dr. Shaw and not the nurse practitioner (as of 4/10) if possible. Broken Arrow doesn't have many choices for GYN care and I'm glad I dont have to drive a long way to see a good doctor so a little inconvience sometimes is ok.

January 5th, 2009
There are better doctors.
Dr. Shaw was great when I had precancerous cells found on my annual pap and all through the treatment. A couple of weeks after I had a LEEP procedure I called because I though I had an infection, the call was never returned. I went back a few months later when we started trying to conceive our 2nd child and I was have abnormal bleeding. They kept making me see her Nurse Practitioner until I finally called and asked specifically to see the Doctor. When I went in there for the apt. with Dr. Shaw, she was acted like she did not believe me about the problems I have been having. She put me on metformin and clomid to help me get pregnant. I have been on clomid 2 months and they have not been following up like they should be. I called today to see if they would order a progesterone check like they are supposed to and they never called me back AGAIN. I will be switching doctors after today.