Dr. Denise Willers MD Patient Reviews

• 5 reviews

October 11th, 2016
Great person like talking to one of your close friends. Takes her time so you understand everything. Been going to Dr. Willers for over 15 years.

December 18th, 2013
Terrible Bedside Manner - Disappointing Experience
My experience with Dr. Willers was very disappointing. Being new to the city and also newly (and unexpectedly) pregnant, I had to work quickly to find an ObGyn. I chose this practice because the doctors deliver at Barnes and the credentials of each of the doctors are stellar. Unfortunately, my first appointment was with Dr. Willers who, instead of being excited about a new pregnancy, seemed utterly bored out of her mind with my situation. She came off as extremely cold and uncaring, right from the start. After explaining to Dr. Willers that this was my first pregnancy and it had taken my husband and I four years to conceive, after trying fertility and other methods, she couldn't seem to care less. I explained my medical problems which she brushed off with "well you're pregnant now, so those problems don't matter anymore." That doesn't even make sense. She then proceeded to have a male medical student give me the most uncomfortable pap of my life (I thought he was just in there for observation, she never asked if it was ok for him to examine me). Then, after the ultrasound, I asked her several questions, none of which were off the wall, and she answered each of them curtly and somewhat condescending (the other reviewer had that right). She gave me absolutely no advice about pregnancy, my health, nothing. She vaguely answered my questions about the ultrasound picture. I understand that not all doctors are good with people, but she should be ashamed of the way she treats her patients. We are humans too, but she seems to be the kind of doctor that feels superior and reduces her patients to nothing more than a number. If you are the type of patient who just likes to be told what to do and herded like a sheep, then this may be the doctor for you. But, if you're like me and you need a doctor who will work with you to learn more about your health, perhaps even explore alternative routes instead of the latest medication, and will provide advice and respect at your visits, then I suggest looking elsewhere for OBGYN care. I am looking for a new doctor and hope to find one that cares more about my well-being than Dr. Willers.

September 29th, 2011
Although the other doctors in the practice were phenomenal, Dr. Willers was very disappointing. When we saw her during our routine pre-natal care, she was condescending, sharp, curt and somewhat inflexible. When she came to the hospital to deliver our baby, she barely spoke a word to my husband or myself before or during the delivery. After our daughter was born, she left the OR and hospital quickly without talking to me or my husband. I would return to the practice again without hesitation if it were not for the chance of having Dr. Willers deliver my baby.

April 2nd, 2011
Wonderful Doctor
First off - anyone with previous experience with an OB doctor has heard of an OB doctor being on time? This office is much better with that then when I was pregnant (30+ years ago). Then is was nothing to have to wait 2 - 3 hours.Dr. Willers is a nice person and an excellent doctor. She is caring about your overall well being - physical and mental.

March 23rd, 2009
she gives hope!
When others could not explain what was wrong with me she had the answer and a solution!!!