Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Central West End
Washington University at St. Louis
4921 Parkview Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63110
314-747-8779
Locations and availability (2)

|  Terrible Bedside Manner - Disappointing Experience  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Willers was very disappointing. Being new to the city and also newly (and unexpectedly) pregnant, I had to work quickly to find an ObGyn. I chose this practice because the doctors deliver at Barnes and the credentials of each of the doctors are stellar. Unfortunately, my first appointment was with Dr. Willers who, instead of being excited about a new pregnancy, seemed utterly bored out of her mind with my situation. She came off as extremely cold and uncaring, right from the start. After explaining to Dr. Willers that this was my first pregnancy and it had taken my husband and I four years to conceive, after trying fertility and other methods, she couldn't seem to care less. I explained my medical problems which she brushed off with "well you're pregnant now, so those problems don't matter anymore." That doesn't even make sense. She then proceeded to have a male medical student give me the most uncomfortable pap of my life (I thought he was just in there for observation, she never asked if it was ok for him to examine me). Then, after the ultrasound, I asked her several questions, none of which were off the wall, and she answered each of them curtly and somewhat condescending (the other reviewer had that right). She gave me absolutely no advice about pregnancy, my health, nothing. She vaguely answered my questions about the ultrasound picture. I understand that not all doctors are good with people, but she should be ashamed of the way she treats her patients. We are humans too, but she seems to be the kind of doctor that feels superior and reduces her patients to nothing more than a number. If you are the type of patient who just likes to be told what to do and herded like a sheep, then this may be the doctor for you. But, if you're like me and you need a doctor who will work with you to learn more about your health, perhaps even explore alternative routes instead of the latest medication, and will provide advice and respect at your visits, then I suggest looking elsewhere for OBGYN care. I am looking for a new doctor and hope to find one that cares more about my well-being than Dr. Willers.

|  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

Although the other doctors in the practice were phenomenal, Dr. Willers was very disappointing. When we saw her during our routine pre-natal care, she was condescending, sharp, curt and somewhat inflexible. When she came to the hospital to deliver our baby, she barely spoke a word to my husband or myself before or during the delivery. After our daughter was born, she left the OR and hospital quickly without talking to me or my husband. I would return to the practice again without hesitation if it were not for the chance of having Dr. Willers deliver my baby.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2011

First off - anyone with previous experience with an OB doctor has heard of an OB doctor being on time? This office is much better with that then when I was pregnant (30 years ago). Then is was nothing to have to wait 2 - 3 hours.Dr. Willers is a nice person and an excellent doctor. She is caring about your overall well being - physical and mental.

|  she gives hope!  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2009

When others could not explain what was wrong with me she had the answer and a solution!!!