Dr. Dennis Abernathie MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 14th, 2016
Very poor doctor
After waiting more than 30 minutes after my appointment time and then another 30 minutes in the examination room he came in, was seemed in a hurry with no discussion of my x-rays. He prescribed therapy and that was it. I went to therapy but it aggravated my pain. I made an appointment with another orthopedic doctor who ordered an MRI which showed that I have a cyst in my spine. As far as I'm concerned, he's a quack.

October 1st, 2013
The pain is gone!
When I had an appt with Dr Abernathie I always had my list of questions and concerns that I wanted to ask him. He always sat down and answered them, never seemed in a hurry. He gave detailed answers. I found him to be kind and caring. And, he has a great sense of humor!

March 8th, 2012
RLH
Dr. Abernathie may be rated lower because he spends quality time. I'm not going to write a book, but after 5 years and 5 previous surgeries that weren't correct with 2 replaced hips and a fused vertebrae, he was able to figure out what was wrong, do surgery and I'm healing. Had I seen him first, I feel I would be fine or at least alot better now. The other "hack" orthopedics I had surgery by should be ashamed to be called doctors/surgeons. Replacing/surgery on a human body is not like replacing parts on a care and several surgeons, even at Columbia Orthopedic are parts swappers just hoping they make the correct decision.I'll recommend Dr. Abernathie over any other Orthopedic, since the others have "maimed" me physically with all the unnnecessary "chop shop" surgeries.

September 6th, 2011
back problems
saw dr. abernathie for back issues if you want to call him a doctor, absolutely no pain relief given actually told me pain medicine makes your back hurt worse. i would not let this man doctor my dog. no bedside manner at all.

July 6th, 2011
I feel that he was very rude and disdent from the matter we came for. I don't think he likes fat people.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 1st, 2010
Dr Abernathie was such a knowledgeable and friendly surgeon. He assured me that everything would run smoothly after he exhausted ALL non operative treatments. Once surgery was done the follow up and level of care was great. I feel like a new person and have him to thank! Highly recommend. Thanks you Dr. A

December 26th, 2008
I would not recommend Dr. Abernathie
Following a surgery that was performed by Dr. Abernathie, I had to go to another orthopedic surgeon is get straightened out.