Dr. Dennis Alters MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 2nd, 2012
It's been 8 years and the awful memory lingers...
Our child was 11 at the time we saw this fool. Long history of ADHD and OCD but this guy only wanted to talk about the game he created and we should buy. No patience to hear our details. Yeah, we bought the spect scan ($1,000-read desperate)and this idiot took a 2 second look at it and declared that our child was bipolar. Said it with such a nonchalance...like it was good news. Next came a suicide threat from our child and a trip to Sharp Mesa Vista hospital where we saw a competent board certified child psychologist. No bipolar, just issues that needed to be worked out. Our child is doing great but I have one piece of advice...if a child psychologist can get you in for an initial appointment THAT DAY...be suspicious! This jerk had no clients because he was a quack. I don't hold out much hope for him in the ensuing years.

March 2nd, 2012
Never call me back
Try to get an appointment for this office and they never return calls...

November 18th, 2011
Great Doc!

February 3rd, 2011
Saved our childs life
other doctors rushed through our son's diagnosis. Dr. Alters sent us promptly to get rechecked by the pediatrician. Our son was then seen by the cardiologist. What more can we say this man is true doctor.

January 31st, 2011
Dr. Alters stinks!
Dr. Alters takes personal phone calls during your visit, eating up your time, and then kicks you out on the dot!His staff, Laura Warren is rude and un-caring. YOU WAIT WHILE SHE HAS A SMOKE! They do not make courtesy phone calls to remind you of your appointment and charge $250.00 if you miss it. Dr. Alters doesnt have the nerve to recommend you not see him anymore so he has Laura Warren recommend you to go away, because they arent really interested in helping you or your autistic child.Dr. Alters office smells like an old man has been living in it and Laura Warren smells like an ashtray!Dr. Alters and his staff STINK!

January 17th, 2011
He and his office are the most unproffesional medical staff I have ever experienced. I took my son to see him and waited a very long time in his office only to recieve terrible service. We had to cancel an appointment with him and provided 24hrs notice. He is now trying to sue me for 300 dollars even though I have BCBS which states I should only pay 20.00 copay. I would never recommend this "Dr." for any medical service.

July 7th, 2010
Great MD
Excellent care finally somebody got my situation sorted out!

February 8th, 2010
good doctor
very satisfied

July 21st, 2009
What a difference. A real doctor!

October 23rd, 2008
Got me back on top
I run a company and Dr. Alters did not write me off as an aging executive. He asked me questions and got inside my style of working. Then ordered a battery of exams that proved to both of us that I still had a lot of game left with treatment. This guy is exceptional and his staff really makes you feel cared for.

October 22nd, 2008
He made a difference
Not only did he straighten out my medications but he really listened and helped me to see my truththat I never gave myself credit for. I left with a sense of empowerment that has lasted and lasted thanks Dr. A!