Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch. Yahoo.
 |  It's been 8 years and the awful memory lingers...  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

Our child was 11 at the time we saw this fool. Long history of ADHD and OCD but this guy only wanted to talk about the game he created and we should buy. No patience to hear our details. Yeah, we bought the spect scan ($1,000-read desperate)and this idiot took a 2 second look at it and declared that our child was bipolar. Said it with such a nonchalance...like it was good news. Next came a suicide threat from our child and a trip to Sharp Mesa Vista hospital where we saw a competent board certified child psychologist. No bipolar, just issues that needed to be worked out. Our child is doing great but I have one piece of advice...if a child psychologist can get you in for an initial appointment THAT DAY...be suspicious! This jerk had no clients because he was a quack. I don't hold out much hope for him in the ensuing years.

|  Never call me back  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

Try to get an appointment for this office and they never return calls...

Nov 18th, 2011

Great Doc!

|  Saved our childs life  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

other doctors rushed through our son's diagnosis. Dr. Alters sent us promptly to get rechecked by the pediatrician. Our son was then seen by the cardiologist. What more can we say this man is true doctor.

|  Dr. Alters stinks!  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2011

Dr. Alters takes personal phone calls during your visit, eating up your time, and then kicks you out on the dot!His staff, Laura Warren is rude and un-caring. YOU WAIT WHILE SHE HAS A SMOKE! They do not make courtesy phone calls to remind you of your appointment and charge $250.00 if you miss it. Dr. Alters doesnt have the nerve to recommend you not see him anymore so he has Laura Warren recommend you to go away, because they arent really interested in helping you or your autistic child.Dr. Alters office smells like an old man has been living in it and Laura Warren smells like an ashtray!Dr. Alters and his staff STINK!

Jan 17th, 2011

He and his office are the most unproffesional medical staff I have ever experienced. I took my son to see him and waited a very long time in his office only to recieve terrible service. We had to cancel an appointment with him and provided 24hrs notice. He is now trying to sue me for 300 dollars even though I have BCBS which states I should only pay 20.00 copay. I would never recommend this "Dr." for any medical service.

|  Great MD  |  show details
by sam2lane@att.net on Jul 7th, 2010

Excellent care finally somebody got my situation sorted out!

|  good doctor  |  show details
by Sara E on Feb 8th, 2010

very satisfied

by sam b on Jul 21st, 2009

What a difference. A real doctor!

|  Got me back on top  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2008

I run a company and Dr. Alters did not write me off as an aging executive. He asked me questions and got inside my style of working. Then ordered a battery of exams that proved to both of us that I still had a lot of game left with treatment. This guy is exceptional and his staff really makes you feel cared for.

|  He made a difference  |  show details
by lp on Oct 22nd, 2008

Not only did he straighten out my medications but he really listened and helped me to see my truththat I never gave myself credit for. I left with a sense of empowerment that has lasted and lasted thanks Dr. A!

by davidschap on Jan 13th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Jan 13th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Worst psychiatrist in the history of psychiatry All he wants to do is talk about his band. Went there for help & he told me to read the book, the secret. An absolute idiot & will offer you no help whatsoever.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  The Worst Psychiatrist In The History Of Psychiatrists...  |  show details
by davidschap at Citysearch on Jan 13th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Was going through a trying time in my life while living in Cali. Sought out Psychologists as well as Psychiatrists for medication purposes. Went to Dr. Alters who was in the same building as my Psychologist. This idiot only wanted to talk about his music & not help me at all. He told me to go buy the book, the secret. What the hell I did, & I enjoyed the book, but he wanted to milk me & have me go get a cat scan & told me I had a learning disability What the hell, are you kiddin`. I`m a self taught Network Administrator, so I can learn. Anyway, went to another Psych, got my meds, & i`m happy now. DON`T GO TO THIS GUY, HE IS A WASTE. Also just got a bill from him. Last time I saw him was July, & it`s now January. Idiot...

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Mar 6th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Did not perform: Charged up front for an evaluation for my son, and refused to either complete it, or refund money. Excellent credentials, but disappointing performance. Had to go elsewhere, and start all over. A waste of time and money.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com