Neurologists

1065 Mendon Rd
Woonsocket, RI 02895
401-762-0170
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Useless waste of time  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

Went to see Dr. Aumentado for a second opinion, which consisted of him looking at Dr. Saris's opinion and saying there was nothing he could do. He did not look at my MRI films or x-rays - no interest whatsoever, and completely dismissed the MRI report, saying that sometimes radiologists over-read results. THEN YOU READ THEM! Said all he could do was prescribe anti-depressants and if I wanted to commit suicide, call him. Really?! Don't waste your time.

|  Excellent Doctor, But Worth the Wait?  |  show details
May 20th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Aumentado for almost 4 years now. I was about 15 years when Epilepsy came into my life, so I started with a pediatric doctor who switched me from medication-to-medication and didn't seem to have a clue on how it was making me feel. I finally switched to Dr. Aumentado when I was around 18 and he's had everything down since my first visit. He has a great personality and definitely listens; he has a sense of humor while telling you the truth in the least hurtful way. I would recommend him to anyone with Epilepsy.As much as I can speak so highly of him, the whole business isn't as great. I had been transported to a hospital quickly a few years ago and my Mother called his office - he had promised her he would meet her at the hospital within 30 minutes. Well, we spent the day in the hospital which I least favor (myself and everyone I know) - Dr. Aumentado never showed or called. Finally, I was released at almost 10 p.m., unable to work until I saw my neurologist. My Mother called the next morning, but an appointment couldn't be made until almost 2 weeks later.Aside from this: when you have an appointment here, MAKE SURE you have a clear schedule for AT LEAST 3 hours after. If you are on-time, you will be waiting at least 45 minutes in the small waiting area. No music, no colors, and VERY uncomfortable seating. And don't tell yourself 'well, I'll put off some of the waiting time by calling.' Actually, your waiting time will probably be almost doubled. If you have been in his office before, you will see many pieces of paper around the receptionist's window - $50 if you need any notes from Dr. Aumentado, $40 late-charge or cancel fee's, and so on. I have been tagged with the late charge for being less than 5 minutes late. And, if you think it is going to help by calling and telling them you are running a little late the appointment will most likely be cancelled by the office. This has happened to me SO MANY times it isn't even funny.Another issue - make sure you keep track of what you are paying. I have had so many appointments where they ask me for another $30-40 and tell me I owe them money on top of my $50 co-pay. I know this is not true, because if I don't pay it my Mother will - but I can't prove it unless I have the receipt. I have caught this twice before the charge was made, and once after to be refunded. The staff here seems to consist of only a couple people in the office - honestly, they aren't the happiest people. This one woman in particular is one of the snottiest people I have ever met. There is never any smile, she seems like she's always annoyed, and it seems like she's about to jump through her window and attack me when I question her. So, with this great doctor there are DEFINITELY throw-backs. Is he worth it in your opinion?

|  show details
Dec 3rd, 2011

Dr. Aumentaudo is super!!! One of his staff members who answers the phone and so called "works" in his office is a WITCH! I wanted him to call me about my mother's situation which has changed dramatically but the WITCH wouldn't let him talk to me or have him call me when he had time. The Dr definately cares about his patients, but the WITCH could care less!!!

|  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

Dr. Aumentado is a very good neurologist himself, but his office staff is awful and it is very tough to get an appointment. His office staff consists of only a few secretaries, and one specifically gives a nasty attitude whenever spoken with. As for scheduling appointments: if you cancel or are making your first, the earliest they will fit you is usually about 2 - 3 months. With my health, I need my neurologist most of all. I have been in the hospital many times - Dr. Aumentado has told the hospital he would be there within the hour, and never showed or even called.The best you will get from this Doctor, will be the diagnosis and medication he puts you on. He, himself, is very nice and will concentrate on you during your 20 minute appointment.