Dr. Dennis Aumentado Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dennis Aumentado?

ADHD

ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Dennis Aumentado?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 19th, 2016

Dr Aumentado is wonderful. His office staff are unacceptable. We will left the practice because of office staff.

October 30th, 2015

Completely incompetent and has no respect for his patients

I came to the doctor for migraines and severe abdominal pain. He told me nothing was wrong and put me on a tricyclic antidepressant - this triggered my blacking out, falling down, and completely losing consciousness. He continually told my other providers that nothing was wrong, and blamed me for being FAT. Finally, after he had his son stop in on the middle of our appointment to drop of tickets to the PC Friars game (IN THE MIDDLE OF MY APPOINTMENT), I found a new neurologist. Turns out I had a medical device inside of me the entire time, and was triggering anaphylaxis and mast cell activation syndrome. Additionally, I have autonomic dysfunction and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (which is why his tricyclic antidepressant made me start losing consciousness). My new neurologist also has correctly diagnosed me with EHlers-Danlos Syndrome, peripheral neuropathy, small fiber neuropathy, movement disorders and seizure disorder. She did not prescribe any medications, instead diet and lifestyle changes. THIS DOCTOR COST ME THOUSANDS AND NEARLY COST ME MY LIFE> GETTING AWAY FROM HIS PRACTICE WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID. I fear for the elderly he still treats, as they do not know any better and are trapped by this man's utter incompetence and disregard for human life. I truly believe he is a sociopath and a psychopath from his demeanor and my experience with him. Stay away from this doctor, at all costs.

September 4th, 2012

Useless waste of time

Went to see Dr. Aumentado for a second opinion, which consisted of him looking at Dr. Saris's opinion and saying there was nothing he could do. He did not look at my MRI films or x-rays - no interest whatsoever, and completely dismissed the MRI report, saying that sometimes radiologists over-read results. THEN YOU READ THEM! Said all he could do was prescribe anti-depressants and if I wanted to commit suicide, call him. Really?! Don't waste your time.

May 20th, 2012

Excellent Doctor, But Worth the Wait?

I have been seeing Dr. Aumentado for almost 4 years now. I was about 15 years when Epilepsy came into my life, so I started with a pediatric doctor who switched me from medication-to-medication and didn't seem to have a clue on how it was making me feel. I finally switched to Dr. Aumentado when I was around 18 and he's had everything down since my first visit. He has a great personality and definitely listens; he has a sense of humor while telling you the truth in the least hurtful way. I would recommend him to anyone with Epilepsy.As much as I can speak so highly of him, the whole business isn't as great. I had been transported to a hospital quickly a few years ago and my Mother called his office - he had promised her he would meet her at the hospital within 30 minutes. Well, we spent the day in the hospital which I least favor (myself and everyone I know) - Dr. Aumentado never showed or called. Finally, I was released at almost 10 p.m., unable to work until I saw my neurologist. My Mother called the next morning, but an appointment couldn't be made until almost 2 weeks later.Aside from this: when you have an appointment here, MAKE SURE you have a clear schedule for AT LEAST 3 hours after. If you are on-time, you will be waiting at least 45 minutes in the small waiting area. No music, no colors, and VERY uncomfortable seating. And don't tell yourself 'well, I'll put off some of the waiting time by calling.' Actually, your waiting time will probably be almost doubled. If you have been in his office before, you will see many pieces of paper around the receptionist's window - $50 if you need any notes from Dr. Aumentado, $40 late-charge or cancel fee's, and so on. I have been tagged with the late charge for being less than 5 minutes late. And, if you think it is going to help by calling and telling them you are running a little late the appointment will most likely be cancelled by the office. This has happened to me SO MANY times it isn't even funny.Another issue - make sure you keep track of what you are paying. I have had so many appointments where they ask me for another $30-40 and tell me I owe them money on top of my $50 co-pay. I know this is not true, because if I don't pay it my Mother will - but I can't prove it unless I have the receipt. I have caught this twice before the charge was made, and once after to be refunded. The staff here seems to consist of only a couple people in the office - honestly, they aren't the happiest people. This one woman in particular is one of the snottiest people I have ever met. There is never any smile, she seems like she's always annoyed, and it seems like she's about to jump through her window and attack me when I question her. So, with this great doctor there are DEFINITELY throw-backs. Is he worth it in your opinion?

December 3rd, 2011

Dr. Aumentaudo is super!!! One of his staff members who answers the phone and so called "works" in his office is a WITCH! I wanted him to call me about my mother's situation which has changed dramatically but the WITCH wouldn't let him talk to me or have him call me when he had time. The Dr definately cares about his patients, but the WITCH could care less!!!

November 1st, 2011

Dr. Aumentado is a very good neurologist himself, but his office staff is awful and it is very tough to get an appointment. His office staff consists of only a few secretaries, and one specifically gives a nasty attitude whenever spoken with. As for scheduling appointments: if you cancel or are making your first, the earliest they will fit you is usually about 2 - 3 months. With my health, I need my neurologist most of all. I have been in the hospital many times - Dr. Aumentado has told the hospital he would be there within the hour, and never showed or even called.The best you will get from this Doctor, will be the diagnosis and medication he puts you on. He, himself, is very nice and will concentrate on you during your 20 minute appointment.

January 27th, 2017