Dr. Dennis Buchanan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 23rd, 2013
Amazing Doctor
This man saved my life 5 years ago when I was 14 years old, after not having a period for 6 months my mom brought me in to see him. He instantly found my problem, which was Hyperthyroidism due to an autoimmune condition called Graves' Disease. I know I scared him that day, but he remained professional and did everything in his power to make sure that I was going to be ok. He probably spent a good hour trying to get a hold of endocrinologists down at CHOC hospital. It turned out that I was actually going into a life threatening complication of this disease, so he sent me to the emergency room down there. The next morning he even called my mom to see how I was doing, and when she said that I might not get into the doctor he called and within 10 minutes the specialist's office called and asked if we could come in that day. If it weren't for him catching it that day and taking loads of time to try to get me into an endocrinologist, I honestly can say I probably wouldn't be here today. I recently just saw him again for the first time for another reason ,and he remembered me. He is still the most caring compassionate doctor ever, I would highly recommend him.

December 21st, 2010
I had Dr. Buchanan as my obgyn for my 2nd pregnancy. He was seemed to rush the appointment and always was giving quick answers. The disssapointing experience I had with him was that right after he delivered my son, he dashed right out of the delivery room. He also did not ask my husband if he wanted to cut the baby's chord. Like I said, he was always in a dash.

November 6th, 2009
Staff is curt & not patient friendly
This doctor is fantastic but extremey busy. He will answer any question you have, but is difficult to schedule.His staff was so rude the last time I was in, I switched doctors. The staff is only concerned with the numbers game and to get all their forms signed. Forget that the name on the sheet is an actual person.The office manager is almost impossible and not the right person in my opinion for this wonderful doctor,

January 19th, 2009
mom
Dr. B was a nice man and knew his stuff. I never felt that he spent much time or took a personal interest in me or my pregnancy. My hubby and I actually timed a visit one time at 90 seconds - no kidding. I felt safe in his care, but largely ignored. Also, the wait times at his office could be horrid. If you want to in and out quickly, this is your doc.

June 20th, 2008
Great doctor
My wife and me had our pregnancy supervised and baby girl delivered by Dr. Buchanan and I basically have only praises for him. Of course, not all is perfect but he does stand out from the crowd. One advice for his prospective patients is have all your questions written down before the visit. He doesn't spend more than 5 minutes per visit unless you have questions for him to answer. By no means a bad thing, simply maximimum effectiveness. When you ask him he will always answer in great detail, so just be prepared to ask. The office has somewhat weird financial policies, but this is life.

April 18th, 2017