Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Not so great! show details Not so great!
by Erica on May 30th, 2016

I was told that I was having same day surgery and ended up in hospital for 4 days. There's been absolutely no follow up with Dr.Bullard, only with Dana. Dana is a nice guy but jokes a lot instead of answering my questions. I felt like just a number. I'm in so much pain and I'm not going to a pain clinic. My current neurologist questioned the surgery that I received. I suggest everyone do their due diligence and get a second opinion. Also, the wait time for appointments is disgusting. Glad this is no longer my doctor.

by Michael Pendergraft on Apr 15th, 2016

Very good doctor

by Donna on Apr 12th, 2016

The wait time is bad for most of my visits but I have been well satisfied with my treatment and follow ups. The office staff and the PA has been wonderful. Dr. Bullard may seem short but he tells it to you straight and for me, I like that. Definitely have recommended and will do so in the future. I feel like my health is a priority with Dr. Bullard as well as his staff.

Cervical Spine Reconstruction Twice show details Cervical Spine Reconstruction Twice
by Barbara Richardson on Apr 6th, 2016

I have been most fortunate to have met Dr Bullard MD, FACS. 1994 Dr. Bullard performed a 3 level fusion with decompression of the spinal cord. Cleaned truncated nerve root sleeves. Saved me from being a quadriplegic. After this surgery I felt fantastic! Zero pain after surgery. Unfortunately, in 2011 I required another surgery. Due to spondylithesis and an existing myelopathy. Before this surgery my pain level was a 10. Next day after surgery "0" pain. My personal opinion is, Dr Bullard MD FACS is the best Neurosurgeon in the world!! I hope if I ever need surgery in the future, Dr Bullard MD would be the Dr to perform the procedure! I believe his knowledge, skills & talents are the very best! Dr Bullard is a gentleman, explains the issue presented before him from X-rays, MRI or CT-Scan. He is excellent at explaining the condition and what needs to be done for the best results. I definitely feel blessed to be a patient of Dr. Bullard MD FAC.

Patient show details Patient
by J. Crosse on Apr 5th, 2016

My visit to Dr. Bullard's office was very pleasant. He and his staff were very positive and caring. I look forward to my next visit and treatment. Thanks, Dr. Bullard and staff.

by Howard Smith on Feb 9th, 2016

Dr. Bullard accurately diagnosed my issue and recommended proper care to my doctor.

Wish I could give zero stars!! Worst excise for a "Doctor" on the planet!!!! show details Wish I could give zero stars!! Worst excise for a "Doctor" on the planet!!!!
Jun 26th, 2015

This man is RUDE, no compassion for patients, sends one minute with you only to disrespect you and make you feel like an inferior piece of trash if you question his treatment plan or ask any questions at all. I wouldn't send my dog to this place! Do your research before scheduling here-he has more than enough horrible reviews and should be closed!

Wrong Diagnosis show details Wrong Diagnosis
Jan 20th, 2015

This doctor has no concern for workman's comp patients.

Jan 15th, 2015

Not seen dr since surgery, always seen his PA

Five stars show details Five stars
Aug 1st, 2013

Very pleasant. Excellent doctor and surgeon. Found my real problem after going to multiple doctors and physical therapists for over two years.

Great Job!!!!! show details Great Job!!!!!
by Jo Ann Daughtry on Apr 4th, 2013

Thank the good Lord and Dr Bullard and his staff for helping me one year ago!!!!!! I was in terrable pain and as soon as I woak up from surg. my pain was gone!! Not only that; but about four wks later I won a hoola hoop contest at my 50th class reunion!! Thanks for a great Job Dr. Bullard

Office canceled Appt. show details Office canceled Appt.
May 23rd, 2012

My nephew was in horrible pain, we called on Tuesday and got an appt. for Thursday. My nephew can't move his neck or arm at this point. At 4pm on Wednesday afternoon we get a call that Dr. Bullard canceled all his appt. I guess for two weeks, at 4pm I worked like a dog to get my nephew another doctor but by the time we got everything processed the offices had closed for the day and we could not get an appointment confirmed. If Triangle Neuro had called us at noon today we might have been able to get him in with another doctor before 5pm. My nephew now spends another day in agony. The ER's don't help either, they can only do very little to help! We will not be calling Dr. Bullard back!

The BEST doctor and team I could have hoped for. show details The BEST doctor and team I could have hoped for.
Jan 15th, 2011

I suffered from Spondylolisthesis and had intense right leg pain. I visited 2 neurosurgeons, an orthopedic surgeon and a chiropractor. It was obvious that I needed surgery by all, but it wasn't until I walked into Dr. Bullard's office that I felt the full confidence that he and his excellent team would help me. The office staff is friendly and efficient, his PA Dana Johnson is superlative and both he Dr Bullard spent tons of time with me to explain the problem, procedure they would use to fix it, hospital time, recuperation time, etc. After my 6 hours on the surgery table the results were perfect. I'm now in alignment for the first time in 35 years, have no more pain in my leg and can walk again. The follow up visits feel like I'm seeing old friends that care about me and genuinely want me in tip top shape.Dr. Dennis Bullard and his team are the best in the Raleigh triangle area!

He did a great job! show details He did a great job!
by Charles Fisher on Oct 9th, 2009

Dr Bullard performed back surgery on me at Rex Hospital. He did a great job! He fused my back at L4-5. I have had some pain since the last surgery, but overall I can do just about anything I want in life. Thanks Dr. Bullard.

Good not God-Like show details Good not God-Like
Jan 6th, 2009

His promise of relief, while truthful, was a bit overstated. I'm in better condition now than before my ACDF but I am not as well as Dr. Bullard said I would be despite following all post-op PT regimes etc.

Cervical C5 C6 C7 show details Cervical C5 C6 C7
by Sharon on Aug 11th, 2008

Can't say enough about the care and a wonderful Doctor...Thanks