Dr. Dennis Burke MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

July 17th, 2016
Burke is the Best
Dr. Burke is simple the best orthopedist in the Boston area. His skill and attention to patients is outstanding. He replaced my hip and saw me at least once, usually twice, each of the four days I was hospitalized. He clearly explains his procedures and is a calm, and compassionate provider, rather rare in surgeons. By all means, see him for hip or knee replacement surgery.

April 22nd, 2016
Boston Police Sergeant
Dr Burke was the absolute best surgeon. I was in agony before my two hip replacements, Dr Burke was so caring throughout the operations and follow up. My life has changed dramatically both physically and mentally since the surgeries. Dr Burke is my HERO. I love the Guy.

March 26th, 2016
A doctor incredible beyond words!

March 8th, 2016
Fantastic surgeon and fantastic man!

March 2nd, 2016
If you want it done right, Dr. Burke is the surgeon!
Dr. Burke replaced both of my knees. He is an outstanding surgeon! My daughter is seeing him next month!

February 25th, 2016
Dr. Dennis Burke the best around!
Dr. Burke was able to fix another surgeons mistakes. Kind & gentle Dr. BEST IN CLASS!!!

February 10th, 2016
YOU COULDN'T FIND A BETTER DOCTOR BUT OFFICE WAIT TIME HAS IS VERY LONG AS WELL AS TIME TO SCHEDULE ORIGINAL VISIT.

November 4th, 2015
Dr. Burke's care and skills are beyond excellent, he is one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the world!

October 31st, 2015
Director of Group Programs, McLean
Dr Burke was superb. Excellent care. Excellent patient - doctor relationship.

October 30th, 2015
Dr' Burke performed a hip replacement surgery for my mom in-law. The procedure went seamlessly , the recovery was quick - in about a month she started slow walking, but really we did not expected anything below 5 starts from such a great surgeon. He was recommended by a friend and half a year wait (he is so busy) was well worth it. My in-law is so lucky to have her walking back due to Dr' Burke. Now, reading the Globe's article on simultaneous surgeries we feel so lucky she was treated by Dr' Burke who is truly committed to operating only her and nobody else at the surgery's time, he is the man of principle. Frankly i would give him 10 start if it was possible. Thank you Dr' Burke !

October 26th, 2015
Dr. Burke gave me back my life , my energy . He is a genious st balancing the new hips. ALSo nice, courageous , and down ton earth

October 26th, 2015
One Patient at a Time
Dr. Burke performed a life-changing hip replacement for me in 2014. The operation and results have been perfect. This entry is about commitment to patient-centered care, which I strongly sensed in every interaction with Dr. Burke. Shortly after being brought to the operating room, he greeted me and told me something which gave me tremendous relief. Dr. Burke said, "For the next two hours, your care and well being are the only concerns that any of us (O.R team) has. Indeed, throughout the procedure (during which I was awake), I had a strong sense of being surrounded by caring, committed experts. I remember asking Dr. Burke a question during the procedure and receiving a thoughtful reply. Two anesthesiologists sat closely and monitored my need for light sedation or other comfort measures. While there was a surgical resident in the operating room, seeing Dr. Burke during the operation and hearing his voice during and after (while he dictated his summary) was a huge benefit for me. Not only did I feel confident that I was in good hands; I was able to listen and hear the warm respect the team members had for eachother. To call it a positive experience would be an understatement. In light of yesterday's article in the Boston Globe, I want to personally acknowledge the high standard of care I received from Dr. Burke at MGH. It was hardly surprising to read about his serious concern for patient safety when double booking surgical practice is allowed in hospitals. Dr. Burke puts patient safety above all else. It is the reason that I had spinal anesthesia for my hip replacement. It is the reason I chose him as my surgeon. Reading. "Clash in the Name of Care" reminded me of my good fortune in finding a surgeon whose ethics are as superb as his technical skill. It is with great admiration that I wish Dr. Burke the best as he continues his career. His departure from MGH will be a tremendous loss for MGH.