Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Burke is the Best show details Burke is the Best
by TGP on Jul 17th, 2016

Dr. Burke is simple the best orthopedist in the Boston area. His skill and attention to patients is outstanding. He replaced my hip and saw me at least once, usually twice, each of the four days I was hospitalized. He clearly explains his procedures and is a calm, and compassionate provider, rather rare in surgeons. By all means, see him for hip or knee replacement surgery.

Boston Police Sergeant show details Boston Police Sergeant
by Joe Leeman on Apr 22nd, 2016

Dr Burke was the absolute best surgeon. I was in agony before my two hip replacements, Dr Burke was so caring throughout the operations and follow up. My life has changed dramatically both physically and mentally since the surgeries. Dr Burke is my HERO. I love the Guy.

by Margaret Gundal on Mar 26th, 2016

A doctor incredible beyond words!

Mar 8th, 2016

Fantastic surgeon and fantastic man!

If you want it done right, Dr. Burke is the surgeon! show details If you want it done right, Dr. Burke is the surgeon!
by Jacquie Murphy on Mar 2nd, 2016

Dr. Burke replaced both of my knees. He is an outstanding surgeon! My daughter is seeing him next month!

Dr. Dennis Burke the best around! show details Dr. Dennis Burke the best around!
by Jennifer D. on Feb 25th, 2016

Dr. Burke was able to fix another surgeons mistakes. Kind & gentle Dr. BEST IN CLASS!!!

Feb 10th, 2016

YOU COULDN'T FIND A BETTER DOCTOR BUT OFFICE WAIT TIME HAS IS VERY LONG AS WELL AS TIME TO SCHEDULE ORIGINAL VISIT.

Nov 4th, 2015

Dr. Burke's care and skills are beyond excellent, he is one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the world!

Director of Group Programs, McLean show details Director of Group Programs, McLean
by Joe Powers, Ph.D. on Oct 31st, 2015

Dr Burke was superb. Excellent care. Excellent patient - doctor relationship.

Oct 30th, 2015

Dr' Burke performed a hip replacement surgery for my mom in-law. The procedure went seamlessly , the recovery was quick - in about a month she started slow walking, but really we did not expected anything below 5 starts from such a great surgeon. He was recommended by a friend and half a year wait (he is so busy) was well worth it. My in-law is so lucky to have her walking back due to Dr' Burke. Now, reading the Globe's article on simultaneous surgeries we feel so lucky she was treated by Dr' Burke who is truly committed to operating only her and nobody else at the surgery's time, he is the man of principle. Frankly i would give him 10 start if it was possible. Thank you Dr' Burke !

by Annique caplsn on Oct 26th, 2015

Dr. Burke gave me back my life , my energy . He is a genious st balancing the new hips. ALSo nice, courageous , and down ton earth

One Patient at a Time show details One Patient at a Time
by M.E. Casey on Oct 26th, 2015

Dr. Burke performed a life-changing hip replacement for me in 2014. The operation and results have been perfect. This entry is about commitment to patient-centered care, which I strongly sensed in every interaction with Dr. Burke. Shortly after being brought to the operating room, he greeted me and told me something which gave me tremendous relief. Dr. Burke said, "For the next two hours, your care and well being are the only concerns that any of us (O.R team) has. Indeed, throughout the procedure (during which I was awake), I had a strong sense of being surrounded by caring, committed experts. I remember asking Dr. Burke a question during the procedure and receiving a thoughtful reply. Two anesthesiologists sat closely and monitored my need for light sedation or other comfort measures. While there was a surgical resident in the operating room, seeing Dr. Burke during the operation and hearing his voice during and after (while he dictated his summary) was a huge benefit for me. Not only did I feel confident that I was in good hands; I was able to listen and hear the warm respect the team members had for eachother. To call it a positive experience would be an understatement. In light of yesterday's article in the Boston Globe, I want to personally acknowledge the high standard of care I received from Dr. Burke at MGH. It was hardly surprising to read about his serious concern for patient safety when double booking surgical practice is allowed in hospitals. Dr. Burke puts patient safety above all else. It is the reason that I had spinal anesthesia for my hip replacement. It is the reason I chose him as my surgeon. Reading. "Clash in the Name of Care" reminded me of my good fortune in finding a surgeon whose ethics are as superb as his technical skill. It is with great admiration that I wish Dr. Burke the best as he continues his career. His departure from MGH will be a tremendous loss for MGH.

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Patient show details Patient
by Janice Burliss on Oct 25th, 2015

I was considered a "difficult case" for knee replacement due to obesity. I found Dr Burke. I waited 3 months to see him. I count my blessings every day. He was confidant and reassuring. I waited 4 more months for the surgery. He gave me my new knee and a pain free life. I am shocked and will be desperate as I need the other knee now and may not be able to have him. I will trust no other. he is the best!

Oct 25th, 2015

I fully support Dr Burke in his quest for safety in the operating room!

The absolute best show details The absolute best
Sep 11th, 2015

The best surgeon in Boston for knee and hip replacements. The staff all go to him.

Sep 10th, 2015

The Best!

Mar 17th, 2015

Dr Burke is an excellent surgeon, he replaced my knee with incredible results. I began to have trouble and a lot of pain with my other knee, but getting an appt. with Dr. Burke is horrendous. The wait is too long and while as a surgeon, the wait is worth it, but not when one is suffering with incredible pain.

A great man and doctor show details A great man and doctor
Feb 4th, 2014

Dr Burke has performed two highly successful total hip replacements for me. I had no problems and I have been pain free and walking very well. He has a wonderful manner and helped me tremendously in all stages of the pre , surgical, , and recovery process. You may have to wait for an appointment. Or to be seen at his office, but he is witjout a doubt worth the wait. Bring a book to your appointment. Absolutely the best!

by Anthony Leone on Jul 23rd, 2013

I had a hip replacement done by Dr Burke in 1995 and a revision done by him in 2000. The revision was due to a problem with the prosthesis and not the Dr.'s error. I found Dr Burke to be kind and patient and since he is exceptionally well qualified his care was of the highest caliber.

I don't believe he's real! show details I don't believe he's real!
Aug 18th, 2012

I have just had my fifth major joint replacement, the first done by Dr. Burke. A family member had been a nurse in the Brigham and Women's orthopedic operating room for 25 years, and knew the good surgeons, so I had always had all-star care with her connections, with excellent outcomes. But the surgeon who did my first hip had decided to specialize in knees, so I had to find another, and Dr. Burke's name kept coming up wherever I turned. I can see why! Five weeks post total hip replacement, I am walking normally, no cane, driving for the past two weeks, had no pain to speak of from day one, physical therapists told me I was three months ahead of where they would expect me to be and I had a minimal amount of in-home PT (of course I was faithful to the exercises; my incision looks like it is six months old. I'm walking two miles a day. AND I am seventy-one years old!Dr. Burke is a humble, self-effacing man who has been given a great gift and has the heart of a servant. I can't say enough about him, except that amoung all my "All-Stars" he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by FVC from Maine on Sep 15th, 2011

Dr. Burke is the best, he gave me my life back by doing double hip replacement in 2001. I was 33 years old and he is one doctor that cares for his patients. Thank you Dr. Burke

Outstanding physician and bedside manner show details Outstanding physician and bedside manner
by A young double hip replacement patient on Feb 7th, 2011

Dr. Burke is that rare combination of doctor today who is highly skilled, knowledgeable in his field and has an excellent rapport with patients. He is a doctor I would recommend without reservation.

Amazing surgeon show details Amazing surgeon
Jul 24th, 2010

The bottom line..........Dr. Burke is worth the wait even though it's not easy to get an appt. with him. The office could use a little more help as they seem way too busy and are answering phones while you are standing there waiting. However, I do not go to Dr. Burke for pleasantries....I go because he is technically superior as a surgeon and the results are amazing. The staff could be a bit more patient and make you feel as though you are not a number (but he is very busy and sometimes it's understandable).

Mar 1st, 2009