Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

A great man and doctor show details A great man and doctor
Feb 4th, 2014

Dr Burke has performed two highly successful total hip replacements for me. I had no problems and I have been pain free and walking very well. He has a wonderful manner and helped me tremendously in all stages of the pre , surgical, , and recovery process. You may have to wait for an appointment. Or to be seen at his office, but he is witjout a doubt worth the wait. Bring a book to your appointment. Absolutely the best!

by Anthony Leone on Jul 23rd, 2013

I had a hip replacement done by Dr Burke in 1995 and a revision done by him in 2000. The revision was due to a problem with the prosthesis and not the Dr.'s error. I found Dr Burke to be kind and patient and since he is exceptionally well qualified his care was of the highest caliber.

I don't believe he's real! show details I don't believe he's real!
Aug 18th, 2012

I have just had my fifth major joint replacement, the first done by Dr. Burke. A family member had been a nurse in the Brigham and Women's orthopedic operating room for 25 years, and knew the good surgeons, so I had always had all-star care with her connections, with excellent outcomes. But the surgeon who did my first hip had decided to specialize in knees, so I had to find another, and Dr. Burke's name kept coming up wherever I turned. I can see why! Five weeks post total hip replacement, I am walking normally, no cane, driving for the past two weeks, had no pain to speak of from day one, physical therapists told me I was three months ahead of where they would expect me to be and I had a minimal amount of in-home PT (of course I was faithful to the exercises; my incision looks like it is six months old. I'm walking two miles a day. AND I am seventy-one years old!Dr. Burke is a humble, self-effacing man who has been given a great gift and has the heart of a servant. I can't say enough about him, except that amoung all my "All-Stars" he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

pete brotman show details pete brotman
Jan 6th, 2012

had both hips replaced. they both came out perfect. its been ten years. here's how careful he is. i was wheeled into the surgical room and dr burke saw a pimple near where he was to operate.. he sent me home. no surgery. he said to come back in a month and that he doesnt take chances with infection. he really is the best. some hip surgeons give you one leg longer than the other. not dr. burke. yes he is the best.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by FVC from Maine on Sep 15th, 2011

Dr. Burke is the best, he gave me my life back by doing double hip replacement in 2001. I was 33 years old and he is one doctor that cares for his patients. Thank you Dr. Burke

Outstanding physician and bedside manner show details Outstanding physician and bedside manner
by A young double hip replacement patient on Feb 7th, 2011

Dr. Burke is that rare combination of doctor today who is highly skilled, knowledgeable in his field and has an excellent rapport with patients. He is a doctor I would recommend without reservation.

Amazing surgeon show details Amazing surgeon
Jul 24th, 2010

The bottom line..........Dr. Burke is worth the wait even though it's not easy to get an appt. with him. The office could use a little more help as they seem way too busy and are answering phones while you are standing there waiting. However, I do not go to Dr. Burke for pleasantries....I go because he is technically superior as a surgeon and the results are amazing. The staff could be a bit more patient and make you feel as though you are not a number (but he is very busy and sometimes it's understandable).

The best! show details The best!
by L. Silva on Jan 21st, 2010

I had my hip replaced last June and I am have ZERO pain now. His expertise is shown by the results. You can't get any better.

Thank YOU, Dr. Burke! show details Thank YOU, Dr. Burke!
by Jacquie on May 22nd, 2009

I am in my early 50's and just had a total left knee replacement with Dr. Burke at MGH. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Burke and his team. I was awake (with a spinal!) for the surgery and it was an incredibly fascinating experience. I am on the road to recovery (May 15, 2009) and hope to return to Dr. Burke next year for the right knee replacement!

Mar 1st, 2009