Dr. Dennis Gage Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dennis Gage?

January 8th, 2015

Wonderful!

Dr. Gage is wonderful. He is a real physician, and so experienced. I have been a patient in his office for the last few months, and each time, I am tested thoroughly and actually sit down in his office to review the results. He asks the appropriate questions and spends the time needed to counsel me on losing weight. I'm about 15 pounds down now and starting to feel wonderful. I really feel as if he is taking care of me. His staff is excellent and they actually remember who I am. Also--they are the same people working there each time, which tells you a lot about this doctor's character and the high-level of organization in his practice. He is just wonderful and I hope to be his patient for many years to come.

August 2nd, 2014

Finally a normal weight

Dr. Gage has been working with me for over a year now and he is amazing! Now that I lost about 50 lbs in the past year, he is really the best doctor I have seen. His staff is professional and courteous, and his in-office testing is state of the art and needed to help me track my health. Use his office and his expertise to lose weight and take control of your health.

July 22nd, 2014

wonderful doc

I have been seeing Dr. Gage for the past year and he is excellent. He listens and cares. His nutritionist is excellent as well and they have the infrastructure and the tools to have helped me lose about 50 lbs in the past year. He is the very best!

February 26th, 2014

doctor and office lady from

Where to begin? In my case Gage never pretended to care about my health but had his assistants run unnecessary tests without explanation then gave me a minute of his time in his office to not foster questions or explain anything, but rather to misinform/confuse me any chance he got actually telling me verbally I had an illness which blood-work completely negates as per other doctors, making me more nervous about my condition and making it worse by lack of correct information. Often my minute was interrupted by the front office lady calling on him and he taking a couple calls in the midst of my time. He recommended specialists that have nothing to do with my condition and did not recommend specialists that would have been able to pinpoint my diagnosis helping me sooner without wasting my time, money and health with the go around for year seeing Gage. His front office staff lady/ies were rude and abusive, (abusive is NO exaggeration), every time I visited and the last time I had blood drawn the back assistant said "sorry" as she was pulling out the needle and I got home to see thick gauze drenched in blood under the band-aid. However much he actually showed he disdained me by brushing me off and not caring to bring me to health, he repeatedly had me reschedule as I would leave for a new appojntment a few months later for tests and more often to have paperwork I needed filled out when other offices will fill it out upon phone request without billing me and my insurance. As someone who had been healthy and not gone to doctors much ever in her life, he and his office took advantage of my lack of information and trust to make money off unnecessary tests.

January 26th, 2013

Very good

Dr. Gage is a wonderful, caring doctor who has cared for me for quite some time. I was on the verge of developing Type 2 diabetes and he stopped it in its tracks. He tested my metabolism and nerves with the latest technology which helped explain my condition. He also clarified the supplements I should be taking and even asks me about my emotional well being. He is really the best doc in Manhattan. My only criticism is that the office is cramped and the ladies at the front desk are too loud. The nurses in the back are lovely and so caring. Thy know me by name. Go to Dr. Gage and look past his receptionists to a healthier you.

October 4th, 2012

Very Helpful and Knowledgeable

The biggest criticism I've seen regarding Dr. Gage is that he "performs too much testing". What does that even mean, first of all? Is any amount "too much"? When I went to Dr. Gage he had me do a metabolism test - aside from being cool and good to know - this test helped inform me of how fast my metabolism is, and thus aided in helping me determine how much insulin is needed after I eat. He also did a heart test, which tracked my heart rate, blood pressure, etc for 10 minutes. This helps to determine how quickly the insulin is moving through my body when I take it. He said "I don't think you need it, but if you would like a nutrition test, I can give you one" (no pressure AT ALL). Another great thing about Dr. Gage is he has a very knowledgeable staff. He has a nutritionist who he works side-by-side with, he helped me adjust my diet so that my blood sugars were better-regulated. Overall, if he was "pressuring" you into taking "too many" "random" tests - you probably need them! Be thankful that he has the technology to do this! You're in great hands.

July 9th, 2012

LIkes to do a lot of blood work

Overall, Dr. Gage is very competent. I do find that when I go, he and his staff want to do an array of tests and blood work to test for allergies, diabetes, my metabolic rate, my autonomic nervous system,etc.. I am a relativly healthy woman with a mild thryroid issue yet whenever I am in the office they encourage these tests. I've taken some of these tests (which have seemed unnecessary to me)but after seeing how expensive they are to health insurance company, I now refuse. The last time I went, the staff wanted to take 9 vials of blood to test me for allergies. I refused.

April 19th, 2012

If you have health insurance, he will run up literally $5000 worth of medical tests (most of which are completely unnecessary--cholesteral, metabolic rate, and CBC tests every visit) with the assumption that insurance will cover all of it. So, if you have a deductible, be sure to tell them only to run medically necessary tests. As you will receive "overweight" as a diagnos with the treatment of losing weight for almost any ailment.

February 14th, 2012

a snake oil salesman!

This poor Doc thinks he can get over his patients by trying to sell them vitamins( and body care products) under the guise of health..but is just trying you to get you to make money for him in his stupid pyramid scheme for vitamins!...Dont waste your time or money!!!

January 18th, 2012

I was forced to spend 25.00 for a card that's suppose to read my veg intake. It's sounds very bogus to me. Then I was told to buy a 45.00 bottle of vegetable extract but loaded with high content of carbs. In the past I was only seeing a very good endocrinologist who passed away and took care of me for many years. He does alot of unnecessary test machines which I believe the blood can do. I still feel not 100% but it's so hard to find a good doctor. He has an in house nutritionist he wants me to see and I had to draw the line there. Clearly, it's all about money. Where are the good doctors these days?

November 29th, 2011

Do not recommend

You just have to call his office and listen to the machine that answers every call to be almost immediately turned off. Even leaving a $50 cancellation fee policy as part of the message. The unfortunate reality is that your staff represents you whether you are a doctor or any other professional. Dr. Gage's staff is unprofessional to say the least. While I waited over an hour, they told loud stories about their families and ordered mcdonald's to be delivered for lunch. This is ironic because the dr. is running weight loss programs and selling cleanses. When I finally saw Dr. Gage he was very nice, but at that point it was too late. I would never spend another 5 minutes waiting in that office. This is NYC, find another endocrinologist.

August 10th, 2011

Absolutely do not recommend this doctor.

Unfortunately I stayed with this Doctor much longer than I should have, avoiding the inconvenience of switching doctors- which I now have.The accuracy of the diagnosis is questionable and I wonder if my condition would have improved had I seen a better doctor? This place has turned into a vitamin shop pushing his own brand/mix of vitamins!Expect to wait 1.5-3 hours. You are made to make frequent visits to get your much needed daily medication, even if your dosage has remained the same for years. The staff is useless- very unhelpful, uncooperative and discourteous.