Overall Review

3.2

October 1st, 2015
He is rude, sarcastic and makes you feel like a dummy when you ask a question. Glad I'm not the only one that feels the same

February 19th, 2015
Go to Dr Mostafavi or Dr Kung instead.
My son had a 720am appt. After 3 1/2 hours he final finished up. This doctor is a stuck up, rude, condescending and unpleasant. He said he " was kind enough" to speak to me about my son's condition. I told him kindness has nothing to do with it- it's your job and my insurance is paying you to tell me what is going on. He is very upset if you question his ego. Go somewhere else his office is dirty, old and most of the staff have the same smart aleck attitude he has. We waited over 3 and a half hours for drops and a few tests that took literally 1-2 minutes to do. He and the office/staff mismanages time.

July 4th, 2014
Permanent Damage To My Mother's Vision
He did permanent damage to my mother's eye that made her 98% blind in that eye. When he used the laser he burned part of the eye. I wanted her to sue because she can no longer, read, sew, knit, see the TV or anything else for that matter. She is old fashioned and didn't want to sue. Another doctor is trying to save what little she has left in the eye, but all he can do is stop it from getting worse and the treatments are painful. TIME FOR THIS MAN TO RETIRE BEFORE HE DOES MORE DAMAGE TO OTHER PATIENTS. Now, years later my mother says she wishes she sued but it is too late. I hate him.

August 16th, 2012
Condescending
Although the ease of appointment and professionalism of office staff was very good, the doctor himself was very condescending and dismissive. He was very crabby and paid no attention to what I was asking. Will not return..there are many other eye doctors in SI to choose from.

August 6th, 2012
Cataract Surgery
The waiting room is dirty, a long wait, staff was rude however Dr Gormley got the diagnosis correct and the surgery was successful despite a nurse bumping the table while he was doing a stitch.Two years later the stitches in both eyes are coming out the cloudiness has reappeared and when he removed a partial stitch and said I couldn't see. He said your vision is 20/20. I have since had my eyes checked because they are worse than before the cataract surgery.

October 9th, 2011
Mrs. Toby Horowitz
I have just had cataract surgery last week performed by Dr. Gormley and found him to be an excellent surgeon. He did a thorough examination and saw a cataract in my right eye that two other opthomologists didn't see even though I insisted to each of them that I could barely see out of that eye. I was in and out of the hospital in 3 hours. His staff was courteous and extremely efficient. My vision couldn't be better thanks to Dr. Gormley to whom I am so grateful.

July 14th, 2011
Dr Gormley missed my retinal tear. He did a full examination and failed to see that my retina was torn. He has no bedside manner and is haughty and distant. Two days after Dr Gormley told me my retina was not torn, another opthalmologist diagnosed a sizable tear and did laser surgery that same day.

March 16th, 2010
tried to make appt. for new patient....
rude receptionist.