Dr. Dennis Gormley Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Dennis Gormley?

Posted on July 28th, 2017

Patient over ten years! I have received excellent care.

missed a retinal tear

Posted on December 21st, 2016

After I presented the reason for my visit, Dr Gormley examined me and, finding nothing wrong, suggested I return in two weeks. He seemed put off by my questions and was sarcastic and condescending. The next day, I ran in to a friend who suggested I see her ophthalmologist, Dr. Vincent Goivannazo. He immediately diagnosed a retinal tear, telling me that one look at my eyes without instruments was enough for him to know that the retina was torn. He did a laser repair on the spot. How can an ophthalmologist do a retinal exam and miss a tear? Do not trust Dr Gormley

confident

Posted on September 21st, 2016

Posted on October 1st, 2015

He is rude, sarcastic and makes you feel like a dummy when you ask a question. Glad I'm not the only one that feels the same

Go to Dr Mostafavi or Dr Kung instead.

Posted on February 19th, 2015

My son had a 720am appt. After 3 1/2 hours he final finished up. This doctor is a stuck up, rude, condescending and unpleasant. He said he " was kind enough" to speak to me about my son's condition. I told him kindness has nothing to do with it- it's your job and my insurance is paying you to tell me what is going on. He is very upset if you question his ego. Go somewhere else his office is dirty, old and most of the staff have the same smart aleck attitude he has. We waited over 3 and a half hours for drops and a few tests that took literally 1-2 minutes to do. He and the office/staff mismanages time.

Permanent Damage To My Mother's Vision

Posted on July 5th, 2014

He did permanent damage to my mother's eye that made her 98% blind in that eye. When he used the laser he burned part of the eye. I wanted her to sue because she can no longer, read, sew, knit, see the TV or anything else for that matter. She is old fashioned and didn't want to sue. Another doctor is trying to save what little she has left in the eye, but all he can do is stop it from getting worse and the treatments are painful. TIME FOR THIS MAN TO RETIRE BEFORE HE DOES MORE DAMAGE TO OTHER PATIENTS. Now, years later my mother says she wishes she sued but it is too late. I hate him.

Condescending

Posted on August 16th, 2012

Although the ease of appointment and professionalism of office staff was very good, the doctor himself was very condescending and dismissive. He was very crabby and paid no attention to what I was asking. Will not return..there are many other eye doctors in SI to choose from.

Cataract Surgery

Posted on August 6th, 2012

The waiting room is dirty, a long wait, staff was rude however Dr Gormley got the diagnosis correct and the surgery was successful despite a nurse bumping the table while he was doing a stitch.Two years later the stitches in both eyes are coming out the cloudiness has reappeared and when he removed a partial stitch and said I couldn't see. He said your vision is 20/20. I have since had my eyes checked because they are worse than before the cataract surgery.

Mrs. Toby Horowitz

Posted on October 9th, 2011

I have just had cataract surgery last week performed by Dr. Gormley and found him to be an excellent surgeon. He did a thorough examination and saw a cataract in my right eye that two other opthomologists didn't see even though I insisted to each of them that I could barely see out of that eye. I was in and out of the hospital in 3 hours. His staff was courteous and extremely efficient. My vision couldn't be better thanks to Dr. Gormley to whom I am so grateful.

Posted on July 14th, 2011

Dr Gormley missed my retinal tear. He did a full examination and failed to see that my retina was torn. He has no bedside manner and is haughty and distant. Two days after Dr Gormley told me my retina was not torn, another opthalmologist diagnosed a sizable tear and did laser surgery that same day.

tried to make appt. for new patient....

Posted on March 16th, 2010