Ophthalmologists
Sunnyside
1460 Victory Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10301
718-447-0022
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Permanent Damage To My Mother's Vision  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2014

He did permanent damage to my mother's eye that made her 98% blind in that eye. When he used the laser he burned part of the eye. I wanted her to sue because she can no longer, read, sew, knit, see the TV or anything else for that matter. She is old fashioned and didn't want to sue. Another doctor is trying to save what little she has left in the eye, but all he can do is stop it from getting worse and the treatments are painful. TIME FOR THIS MAN TO RETIRE BEFORE HE DOES MORE DAMAGE TO OTHER PATIENTS. Now, years later my mother says she wishes she sued but it is too late. I hate him.

|  Condescending  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

Although the ease of appointment and professionalism of office staff was very good, the doctor himself was very condescending and dismissive. He was very crabby and paid no attention to what I was asking. Will not return..there are many other eye doctors in SI to choose from.

|  Cataract Surgery  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

The waiting room is dirty, a long wait, staff was rude however Dr Gormley got the diagnosis correct and the surgery was successful despite a nurse bumping the table while he was doing a stitch.Two years later the stitches in both eyes are coming out the cloudiness has reappeared and when he removed a partial stitch and said I couldn't see. He said your vision is 20/20. I have since had my eyes checked because they are worse than before the cataract surgery.

|  Mrs. Toby Horowitz  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2011

I have just had cataract surgery last week performed by Dr. Gormley and found him to be an excellent surgeon. He did a thorough examination and saw a cataract in my right eye that two other opthomologists didn't see even though I insisted to each of them that I could barely see out of that eye. I was in and out of the hospital in 3 hours. His staff was courteous and extremely efficient. My vision couldn't be better thanks to Dr. Gormley to whom I am so grateful.

|  show details
Jul 14th, 2011

Dr Gormley missed my retinal tear. He did a full examination and failed to see that my retina was torn. He has no bedside manner and is haughty and distant. Two days after Dr Gormley told me my retina was not torn, another opthalmologist diagnosed a sizable tear and did laser surgery that same day.

|  tried to make appt. for new patient....  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2010