Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

|  Please do NOT go to this doctor  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2014

Please do NOT go to this doctor. He is rude, condescending, and dismissive of valid concerns. I saw him because I had been experiencing severe neurological symptoms for over 8 months, one of which was going blind. When I asked him, "what if this happens while I'm driving?" he said, you should pull over. (Seriously) He wrote a letter to the Dr. who had referred me, stating my symptoms were most likely the result of migraine headaches (even though I had repeatedly said this was not what I was experiencing), and further indicating I was manufacturing symptoms. Once this kind of information is in your record, you might as well give up. I subsequently made numerous visits to the emergency room via ambulance ($$$$), not taken seriously and no EEG performed for more than a year and a half. Eventually I was diagnosed with epilepsy, by a doctor willing to overlook derogatory statements and make an assessment based on symptoms only (gee, what a novel approach). By this time it was rare I could walk on my own, and when I could, it was abnormal because I was having seizures almost constantly (partial complex). I received a simple, non-invasive EEG with the results severely abnormal. Because I went undiagnosed and untreated for epilepsy for so long, it became more and more severe. I now have seizures every day. I have been unable to control them completely with medications (as often happens when left untreated). I have been hospitalized (more $$$$). I have had many falls, one which caused me to cut my arm and subsequently develop squamous cell carcinoma in the wound requiring surgery, (more $$$$). I have broken two teeth, (more $$$). I have been unable to drive for more than a year.

|  show details
Aug 29th, 2014

Be forewarned that if you use any medical term that he feels is reserved for "professionals" like himself, he may demean you for "googling." He is very presumptive and arrogant in my opinion and there are better choices out there.

|  Not helpful and condenscending  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

My experience was similar to others. During my first appointment, he made snap decisions about my character and condition, then his notes misreported medical history and symptoms that I had presented in writing. When I brought this to his attention, he was arrogant and condescending. During another appointment, I had to obtain test results and do my own research because he did not explain much of anything. He responded to a queston wish a condemnation that I had been "googling" when my quesiton was based upon a published peer-reviewed journal article! I will not be back.

|  Highly recommended  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

I have seen Dr. Jewett for the past 4 years. He is very busy and it can be hard to get an appointment. I find him very easy to talk to, he explains things well and takes his time with me and takes my complaints seriously. He diagnosed a serious neurological problem that my family physician insisted was due to stress. I would recommend him highly.

|  show details
Nov 13th, 2011

We had a terrible experience with Dr. Jewett. He is uncaring and arrogant. His bedside manner is atrocious. After talking with my husband and me about a devastating diagnosis, he slapped my husband on the back and said "cheer up!" then walked out the door. Don't waste your time.

|  Would Not Recommend This Arrogant Doctor  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

he got defensive when my husband and I asked questions to why certain tests weren't being performed...did not explain what he was going to test for...didn't have a clue what was wrong with me...then reordered tests that were already taken and wouldn't be covered by my insurance...I had my family doc refer me for a 2nd opinion...I was crying by the end of my appt. because I had waited for several weeks to find out what is going on...this doctor showed no compassion and just walked back out the door...had his hand on the doorknob the entire time...

|  If you want to be treated like dirt than see Dr. Jewitt!!  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2010

I went to see Dr. Jewitt and was seen by his PA for 50 minutes out of the hour appt. She and his students gathered all my info, completed my neuro test and then reported back to the Dr. I then waited in the room to speak with him. When he came in he told me that my migraines were too complex to treat and that he would not treat me. He asked if I would see another specialist to help rule out some other underlying issues, so I did. He would not return my calls. I do back to my family doctor 3 months later to find out that I was depressed and uncooperative. ??? Funny how he can gather that in a five minute meeting. Plus I did everything that I knew he recommended. He placed a lot of negative comments about me in my medical file. Now my doctor refuses to work with me. He told me to find my own clinic because he does not have time to help me. Thanks Dr. Jewitt. I appreciate all you help.