A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dennis Karounos:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dennis Karounos is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Karounos
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Karounos Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dennis Karounos, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Nutritional Support
Education & Awards
Dr. Karounos graduated from University of Kentucky , Lexington.
Dr. Karounos has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Samaritan Hospital - Lexington
- University of Kentucky Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dennis G Karounos MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Dennis G. Karounos practice?
- Dr. Dennis Karounos has 1 office location.
Dr. Dennis Karounos practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Lexington, KY.
See Lexington Internists and Lexington Endocrinologists.