A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dennis Karter is Excellent. Dr. Karter has been reviewed by 6 patients who have provided 1 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dennis Karter, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Diseases Of Travel Immunizations Sexually Transmitted Diseases General Infectious Diseases Aids/Hiv, Diseases Of Travel, Immunizations, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, General Infectious Diseases, AidsHiv, and Infectious Disease.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Karter graduated from University of California at San Francisco. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Karter has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospitals Center Tisch
- Hospital for Joint Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Karter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 27 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Dennis Karter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Dennis L. Karter practice?
Dr. Dennis Karter practices Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease near New York, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Infectious Disease Doctors.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Denny Karter, Dr. Dwight Karter, Dr. Sydney Karter, Dr. Dion Karter, Dr. Sidney Karter, Dr. Denis Karter