Dr. Dennis Mahan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dennis Mahan?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Dennis Mahan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 16th, 2015

I was a patient there for yrs....and give incorrect information on several occasions including results of blood test and lack of proper blood testing being done....incorrect information given to other doctors for example while a patient in local hospital(Maria Parham) heart doctor was given information that i was not type 2 diabetic and there forth improper treatment was received .... later that yr resulted in heart attack and by-pass times 5 done at another hospital.

December 28th, 2014

I made a lot of mistakes over the years, but you wonderful people were not one of them. Thank yous for sharing Jesus, his love, and his teachings of grace with us. we love yous too, have a wonderful years end, and a victorious, prosperous,always in Christ Presence, New Year!

July 10th, 2012

To the contrary

I read a review where Dr. Mahan said that theyre policy on calling in refills is strict unless unless we have an established relationship with the patient. This is a total crock! Ive been seeing him for almost 20 years for the same health issue and he still refuses to call in refills. They give the same excuse to me, that I have to be seen. Heres the typical scenario when you require refill: You show up for my appointment, they make sure you pay up front, you wait 15-20 minutes in their waiting room, youre called to the back where they get your vitals, youre then shuffled off to a back room where you wait another 10-15 minutes, Dr. Mahan shows up and asks you what you need, you tell him refills, he jots down a few notes, asks you what pharmacy you use and tells you that your prescription will be called in and then he leaves. Now tell me how, what just transpired is trying to help keep our citizens healthy as Dr. Mahan put it??? Hes not concerned about keeping anyone healthy. Hes more concerned with making money. 99% of the time I have to see him is for refills, which do not require blood work or any other test. Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything personal against Dr. Mahan, I enjoy his dry humor and his laid back approach to his patients, but it just seems to me that a person becomes a doctor for two reasons; a strong desire to treat and help their fellow man OR to get rich..doesnt take a rocket scientist to determine why Mahan decided to get into this field of work.

April 5th, 2011

THIS MAN IS A HORRIBLE "DOCTOR" HE RECIEVED HIS EDUCATION IN MEXICO, (Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon) I WONDER WHY! I HAVE NUMEROUS, NUMEROUS REASONS WHY THIS MAN SHOULD NEVER BE VISITED. NOT ONLY HAVE I HAD AN APPOINTMENT WITH HIM (WHICH AFTER I NEVER RE-VISITED HIM AGAIN!), BUT LOTS OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY HAS AND THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME OPINION. HE IS NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. THIS IS THE TYPE OF DOCTOR WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT A PAYCHECK. END OF STORY. HE MAY CHOOSE HIS FAVORITE PATIENTS WHO CAN HANDLE IS STUPIDITY AND UNPROFESSIONALISM, BUT NOT I, MY FAMILY, OR FRIENDS.

June 30th, 2010

He was treating me for a problem I was having over several weeks [he told me to take the medication and he had told me to], I asked to be referred to another doctor or specialist- he refused. Ended up on my own having to go to a specialist, I had been mis-disgnosed. When my new doctor contacted Doctor Mahan- Doctor Mahan refused to admit that he was in error. So since Doctor Mahan refused to admit his error and agree to the referral to another doctor- my insurance would not pay. I did not have a sinus infection like Doctor Mahan told me- I had cancer, which I learned from the specialist. Insurance would not pay the bill for the referral or the immediate surgery needed because Doctor Mahan would not admit he was wrong.

May 18th, 2016