A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dennis Mello:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dennis Mello is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dennis Mello, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
Education & Awards
Dr. Mello graduated from University of Connecticut , Farmington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Mello has 13 hospital affiliations:
- St Anne General Hospital
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mello accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 4 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Americhoice - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Dennis M. Mello practice?
Dr. Dennis Mello practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near New Orleans, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Farmington, CT and Hartford, CT.
See New Orleans Surgeons.