Dennis N Hughes MD Patient Reviews

December 28th, 2015
An excellent physician who is very knowledgeable and has an excellent bedside manner. Wait times on the telephone to make an appointment of speak to anyone takes so long it is totally unrealistic and the constantly repeating messages apologizing for the delay are ridiculous, poorly worded and so frequent I wanted to hang up. Very frustrating.

July 25th, 2015
Total Trust
I've been a patient of Dr Hughes since I moved to CA in 2009. He is thorough, listens, and involved. Even though I have moved over fifty miles away, I still regard him as my primary care physician. Definitely worth the drive!

August 27th, 2013
Too Busy For New Patients
He is too busy to take on new patients. He doesn't even have time for his current patients. Dr. Hughes doesn't return phone calls and it takes +1 weeks to get prescription refills. I'm finding another doctor.

February 20th, 2012
RMW
I was a patient of Dr. Hughes for 2+ years, and had to leave only for personal reasons. He is caring and sincere and will help you try to get to the bottom of whatever may be your health issues.I had experienced many hospitalizations, and Dr. Hughes somehow 'empowered' me to see myself as a healthy person who had just had some illnesses; and that I was a "normie".Although I am not diabetic, it is my understanding that Dr. Hughes is very skilled at working with patients who have Diabetes, by keeping it under control. This is a problem for several of my friends, so I hope they catch this review!Dr. Hughes is also incredibly smooth at giving cortisone injections-something one rarely finds with a doctor.Talk openly with Dr. Hughes and you should find yourself experiencing a 5 star doctor.

January 25th, 2011
A Doctor with the Patience of a Saint
When I was referred to Dr. Hughes about a year ago, my personal life was in chaos and I was carrying the baggage around with me. Dr. Hughes had the patience to put up with me and my out of place behavior, and to calm me down, when I was at my worst. For this I am very greatful. He is very gentle and sensitive, and tries especially hard to work with his patients to understand their needs and be there for them. When necessary, I am sure he stayed longer then the alotted appointment time to help me put my angst to rest.Too, if you are needle phobic as I am, this man has velvet hands...Close your eyes and you will never know when he has injected you. This doctor is a bit of a magic man I think.Finally, he will only refer you to the best of the best if you need a referral. That figures!

January 25th, 2011