Dr. Dennis Smith MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Jeffersonville, IN

2.2

October 18th, 2016
overdone
most memorable is the fact that Mr Smith injected into my prostate 156 iodine pellets instead of the 105 recommended for a Gleason scale of 4 and injected me with Lupron that made me swell up. The pellets did the trick of burning out my cancer and prostate and left me with burning that lasted for a year. This of course has not pleased me but I have been cancer free for over 11 years and incontinent as well as unable to have sex.

August 27th, 2015
Why didnt he care
I went to see dennis and right off the bat, he did not even care to listen. My girlfreind was with me and felt the same. But i thought its ok he's probaby see this all the time. After a few visits he said he could not help me and i felt like my life was over because of the pain. Even though i told him please help me, i told him i was having suicidal thoughts because of the pain, even thought i would never hurt myself because i have a son that needs me. But still no compassion, i dont even think that he belived me. Even when i reseached my issues, and said could it be my prostate,(which is what everything was pointing to) he didnt even check my prostate. I know that dennis will probaby see this but i think he should know. I hope Dennis that in the furture when you have more patients like this, you try you hardest to help them and try to reseach some stuff, because when your at home enjoying your day, some of you patients are in pain. Nothing like seeing a 4 year old cry because he sees his dad in so much pain.

May 4th, 2015
Are we seeing the same doctor?
Dr. Smith has been very approachable, non-argumentative, and concerned with my appropriate care. It's hard to believe he is the same doctor that others have reviewed. He has been responsive to all of my isdues and has offered what I think are ecellent responses. Mine has been a difficult case, but at no time have I felt that I was receiving inappropriate care. Some limited duplicate testing was due to hospital rules, not Dr. Smith. I saw Dr. Smith many years ago, and felt the same way about him then. I have had to wait a long time in the exam room, but knowing how busy he is, I'm not surprised nor overly upset about that.

January 27th, 2015
Misdiagnosis from the beginning.
Made me repeat tests that I had one week earlier that were ordered by family doctor. Argued about the diagnosis and then after repeated tests, told the original diagnosis was correct. Consulted with one of his partners that also said he didn't understand why Dr. Smith had told me the original diagnosis was wrong. Charged for tests that no one could give me results for.

September 4th, 2014
Indifferent doctor
Dr is indifferent to patient's pain and does not give even minimal follow up. This Dr prescribed an antibiotic that was toxic when mixed with other meds I was taking. He also took 7 days to replace the antibiotic with a safe one. Finally, he told me I could take the antibiotic for my infection, or just live with the infection...yes he said that! Infections don't just go away,,,Will never see him again under any circumstances.

September 18th, 2013
No bedside manner
This man has no bedside manner and would not listen to anything we had to say about pain. I would not want him touching anyone in my family ever again! Very rude!

October 14th, 2012
Textbook care, no regard for symptoms
Followed textbook care, did not listen to problems and deal with them on a personal level. After many tests ( not needed) went with the simple diagnosis that had been made by family MD. From first visit, argued that could not be the diagnosis.