A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dennis Sweeney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sweeney
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sweeney Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dennis Sweeney, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Sweeney graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. Sweeney has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Adventist Medical Center
- Providence Milwaukie Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dennis Patrick Sweeney MD is a male Internist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Dennis P. Sweeney practice?
- Dr. Dennis Sweeney has 1 office location.
Dr. Dennis Sweeney practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Portland, OR.
See Portland Internists and Portland Gastroenterologists.