Dr. Dennis Tishko MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 31st, 2016
A Doctor with a passion to heal
Lung cancer can change your life overnight. When is surgery makes you feel as though he's given you everything he's got it's a rare feeling.

June 16th, 2016
Superior Surgeon
Dr. Tishko was my surgeon in Columbus, OH. By far a fantastic surgeon. He was direct and honest while providing diagnosis, care, and quality of life for me as a patient!!!

July 22nd, 2013
Without peer, compassionate, reassuring, and caring--he best in all areas.

August 31st, 2012
Best doctor I ever heard of
Relly good surgeon. Heard he was the best.No doubt he was the best I got a really big operationAnd was home in two days. Cured of cancer.y doctor saidI was really good to have him as my surgeon.He is the best.

August 22nd, 2012
Wonderful and talented doctor.
Dr Tishko is a great doctor who took care of my mother.Some doctors did not want mom to have cancerSurgery, but dr Tishko did a telescope operation andMom was home in two days. She did amazing,But dr Tishko said she was just normal. No bigDeal. Well , we thinkIt is a big deal to have mom for someone years.He is just wonderful.

March 4th, 2012
As good as doctor's get

November 13th, 2011
Best doctor I ever had
Dr. Tishko took out my Dad's lung for cancer and was wonderful with Dad and us. He took lots of time to cover all kinds of information and the s ...

October 15th, 2011
Wonderful doctor. Very professional and he spent a lot of time with me to make sure I was ok with surgery. He did it like it was nothing eventhough it was taking out more than half my lung. I was scared but he helped through it and I did great. No pain now, never even know Ihad surgery. This is a extremely good doctor. Best I have dealt with

May 21st, 2011
Excellent Surgeon
I would recommend this surgeon to anyone considering thoracic surgery. He removed my thyroid, which had grown to the size of a soft ball, by opening my chest, much the same as must be done with open heart surgery. One week, to the day, after surgery I exercised for 15 minutes on a tread mill, 15 minutes on a stationary bicycle, and 15 minutes on an eleptical. Best of all, outside of a little minor soreness I never had any pain. While I have to give primary credit to God, I also feel that he directed the hands and brain of this talented surgeon. I also thank God for directing me to this doctor who I cannot say enough good about. If you want the very best, I say see Dr. Tishko.

January 1st, 2011
Great surgeon.Great results.
Took care of my husband like nobody I ever saw before. Gave us lots of information and was always there. He was right on about everything and we felt blessed to have him. Great doctor.

February 14th, 2010
Outstanding surgeon in very difficult specialty
Dr. Tishko took care of my mom for her lung cancer. She was a terrible smoker who quit after talking with him the first time. He was frank and blunt about the need to quit smoking to do surgery safely. He told mom that she was a high risk patient, but that he would do her surgery if she was willing to cooperate and stay ahead of problems. He spent an amazing amount of time with us answering our questions and talking about the surgery until we felt like we really understood what was happening and why. Mom was scared but happy to know she was in such good hands. The day of surgery was long and hard on us but Dr. Tishko came out and looked happy! It was his fifth operation and he was really happy that mom's operation went exactly as he planned it. He used a VATS scope operation that he invented and it saved mom having to have a huge rib splitting operation. She went home the next day! She was sore and tired for a while but she is doing great. Dr. Tishko sees her every few months and he is like a friend now. I honestly do not know how he does his job day in and day out with such very hard problems. He is a outstanding doctor.

October 27th, 2009
Wonderful surgeon for my mother
Dr. Tishko is a very professional and caring surgeon. He spent a great deal of time with my mother and our family discussing all about her lung cancer and how to diagnose and treat it. He did not talk down to us, and I felt like he was really trying to help us understand things well. He does not pull any punches when discussing smoking and he will not operate on anyone who is smoking. He was very clear about needing to walk around after surgery and breath and cough and Mom did great. She was home from a very big operation in three days and she is doing excellent. Dr. Tishko is real credit to his profession and is one of the finest Drs I ever met.