Overall Review

3.8

February 1st, 2016
Run as fast as you can! Horrid
The referrals are never done. I have had to get on the phone and make sure it is handled. Follow up is horrid. Run as fast as you can away from this office. His Nurse Practitioner is arrogant and full of herself. Run don't walk away from this doctor.

December 30th, 2015
Relates well with others.
We've been with Dr. VanWormer since 1996 and wouldn't consider going with another doctor. Dr. VanWormer is a square shooter and doesn't beat around the bush when he talks. You also don't need a dictionary to understand what he is saying. Because he worked in the construction industry while going to college he is able to relate to both myself and my wife. We just hope that he doesn't retire anytime soon.

December 25th, 2015
Needs to be more concerned for the health and wellbeing of his patients. He referred me to different doctors that were so horrid that I wouldn't send my dog to. He refuses to fight for quality care and seems to be more concerned about what his peers think of him rather than what's good for his patients. I like him personally, but my health is more important than that. His new NP is a real piece of work too. Both myself and my spouse went to her and we both did not care for her.

November 9th, 2015
Mis-diagnosis was huge!!!

October 27th, 2015
Professional and personal concern for his patients. Takes time and answers all questions. Has a good sense of humor. Been going to him for over 20 years.

September 14th, 2015
Medical Care
I have been a patient of Dr. VanWormer for more then twenty years. I have been very pleased with his interest in my health and also with his knowledge in the medical field as it pertains to my health issues. In regards to his move to another practice I find myself very disappointed that there was no information or contact from his office. I have yet to receive any information in regards to his move and after twenty years plus of being his patient I would expect much more. At the age of sixty six I do not look forward to getting a new Dr. who has no knowledge of my medical issues. I had a very good relationship with Dr. VanWormer and felt comfortable in his medical care. To say the least, I am very disappointed in the manner in which his transition has taken place. I would have and still do expect much better professionalism then he has showed in this situation.

August 25th, 2015
Office is a Nightmare
Like Dr. VanWormer, office is a nightmare to deal with. Transition has been keystone cops. Hard to imagine it going worse. Changing docs. Not worth the grief.

July 31st, 2015
None
Would not recommend dr. Very bad bedside manner and attitude. Would not ever see him again.

March 13th, 2014
Take charge of YOUR practic
I finally switched from Dr. VanWormer to another one. The sad part of this is, I really liked Dr. VanWormer. He helped me make some important health decisions. However, the PA that I was usually assigned to as well as the office staff receive zero stars. Several times, I was interrupted in my conversation with the PA in the private room, the PA would peak her head out the door, whisper something to the other person, and they'd have some kind of healthy chuckle. Shortly after that, my PA just went through the motions to "get out of there" and move on to the next patient. The office staff also never got their stories right. I'd call and ask a question or request an Rx refill. One staff member said, "No problem." The other would say, "No, you have to come in." Frustrating.

August 13th, 2013
I have been using dr. vanwormer for 10 years now, the only thing i could possibly complain about is that once in a while the wait time is a little longer then it should be besides that i would recommend him to every one

August 30th, 2012
Very unprofessional ... misdiagnosed cost me over $2000.00

September 23rd, 2010
Office Staff
office staff is poor and could use an upgrade. You're a great Dr. but your office Manager needs to do there job and make some changes. I hate that the lack of care of the staff reflects on you as a professional. I'm Strongly thinking about switching Dr. because of there lack of professionalism.