Dr. Denniz Zolnoun MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 18 reviews

October 26th, 2016
Female health
I am so thankful for DR Z . I was in pain for over a Yr .she is wonderful! And we were able to fix my issue!! So much better!! Love her!!!

August 14th, 2016
Excellent experience
excellent experience! With the way health care has become a rush it was nice to have a doc take the time to listen.

June 3rd, 2016
The doctor was convinced that my very competent staff at Mass. General and Brown U were wrong. She told me that while my other doctors have degrees, she has "a big brain." And then she inserted Crisco shortening to "cure my bacterial infection." She even printed me a "prescription" for it, complete with my name and address. This was before refusing to allow a family member into the room with me, ripping my skin during the pelvic exam, and "awakening a nerve" by squeezing so hard I saw spots. Never. Do not let your family near this woman.

March 23rd, 2016
The Best UroGyn in the Country
Dr Zolnoun is the absolute best of her class. She has dedicated her life through her work and research to pelvic health for both women and men. When I came to her last fall, I had seen over 15 specialists including the Mayo Clinic. Other drs could only offer me diagnoses as if taken from a textbook as well as nerve blocks every 6 mths but they could not better my quality of life much. Dr Z was the first dr to know how to treat my nerve conditions and chronic pain which some people live with for a lifetime. I highly recommend her. She heals and does so with wit, compassion, and perseverance.

January 29th, 2016
Full Honest Review
Dr. Zolnoun is wonderful. She's a brilliant doctor and has devoted her life to solving pelvic pain problems that are very complicated and leave most doctors dumbfounded. Below is my review...the good and the bad. Appointment: I've waited months for an appointment. This is because there are not many doctors specializing in pelvic and vulvar pain and she is only one person. In addition, she does not do 5 days a week in the clinic. She has clinic days and then she has days devoted to pelvic pain research. She's doing the latest research on this stuff....it is one of the reasons she's an excellent doctor. When I have an appointment at the clinic, sometimes I've waited for hours before she can see me. But this is not because she takes pleasure in making her patients wait. Her clinic days are very busy, packed and sometimes they get behind. But I'd rather her be willing to take a long time with a patient so if/when I need a long appointment, she is willing to spend the time she needs on me. Exam: If you have pelvic pain, the exam that she performs will be painful. It might even more painful that your normal pelvic/gyn exams because she's trying to figure out where your pain is coming from. She's trying to figure out if it's the nerve, the muscle, is it the skin that is causing pain. Even if she's found one source of pain, there might be others and so she has to complete the exam entirely. But she will give you a mirror so you can look to see what she's doing and she explains it as she goes along. When my other GYNs examined me, the exam was not very painful because they just did a pass through exam and everything looked "normal". When Dr. Zolnoun examined me she finally found the source of the pain and yes...it hurt. But I'm glad someone had finally found it even if it meant a painful exam. Diagnosis: I admit that Dr. Zolnoun isn't the best at explaining the diagnosis. I think this is partially because I do not think English is her first language. However, when I did not understand something, I just kept asking followup questions. I ask questions at every exam and she's happy to answer them. One time I said to her, "I do not think I am able to explain my diagnosis very well." And she said, "then you need to keep asking me questions until I finally explain it in a way that you understand." She also tries to explain things in metaphors because pain perception is really complicated! Prognosis: Pelvic pain is very complicated and typically has several layers of complexity. This means that most treatments take a while. For me, it took almost one year of medication plus the vaginal stent for me to see improvement in my pain. However, no other GYN had been able to help me and she was my last option. There were times that I didn't understand why she was recommending a certain treatment...but I tried it anyway and kept following her recommendations. It finally paid off. Quirks: She likes using Crisco as a lubricant during exams and will recommend it for you to use at home. It's completely safe to use and she uses it because it works. Other lubricants are too watery or don't stay in place properly. When poking around in such a sensitive area that is prone to pain, it's important to use the most effective lubricant so as to not cause more pain! Besides, it's just vegetable oil and probably better for you than the lubricants with unnatural chemicals. In conclusion: I would Dr. Zolnoun 100%. I've had terrible pain since the first time I had sex and after a year of treatment it's getting much better. No other doctor has been able to figure it out except her. One of the reasons she's so great at her job is because she thinks outside the box. This has lead her to try find new treatments and develop a comprehensive system of diagnosis and treating pelvic pain patients that is completely foreign to most GYN doctors. If you do decide to go see her, it's important to give her the benefit of the doubt, to ask questions and to be very patient and persevere as you go through treatment.

December 3rd, 2015
While pain clinic visits are painful due to testing, she actually seemed to derive some sick pleasure from telling me it was my fault I was still in pain from my cancer surgery injury. "Be in pain. It's your choice." My triple board certified neurologist/ anesthesiologist has been "wrong" for 8 years. Oh, and finally...the cute I was waiting for! She gave me a "miracle" cream and smeared it inside me after I asked her not to. The cream? Crisco. Actual grocery store Crisco. I cried the two hours home.

October 24th, 2015
There is hope!
Dr. Zolnoun is the best doctor, especially for patients like me who have been through so many others. Pelvic pain in women is something that often gets ignored or marginalized by other doctors. By the time I found Dr Zolnoun, I was convinced that I would be living in pain for the rest of my life. She gave me hope. She was the first doctor to try to explain my pain rather than explaining it away. She listened to me, she believed me, and she was willing to work with me to try to alleviate the pain that has dominated my life for the last 15 years. I only wish I had found her sooner! To all the women out there who have lost hope, who have been ignored or laughed at by less intelligent and less capable doctors, Dr Zolnoun can help you. I trust her completely and I am so glad she is helping women like me to understand their pain, and to get rid of it.

September 15th, 2015
Not the right doc for me
I was referred to Dr. Zolnoun for pelvic pain and painful sex. This lady had me diagnosed before she even met me! She didn't even want to hear my issues/concerns. She told me I had TMJ of the vagina and said she was going to insert a guard like a mouth guard. Came to find out it was a pessary which only made me hurt worse. Her exam was extremely brutal. I felt very violated! I took the pessary out after not being able to stand the pain after a few days. I never went back for follow up. If you don't want a painful exam, stay far away from this woman! Her staff was excellent but she was horrible!!

August 23rd, 2015
I have dealt with issues for over a year and no one could really help me until I met Dr. zolnoun! You might have to wait but she is worth the wait!! Very thankful to have found her!!

July 29th, 2015
Please avoid this doctor. She is rude. Does not listen. She is abusive. She told me she could tell I hung from the chandeliers sexually just by looking at my vagina. Big news to me being a married woman who was a virgin on her wedding night. After a year of begging for her to take me off the meds she had me on for pelvic pain she still ignored me. She destroyed my life and did not care that her incompetence cost me everything.

June 13th, 2015
An amazing, caring Doctor!
Dr Zolnoun was able to diagnose a chronic health issue that 6 other Doctors overlooked. She is an amazing Doctor who cares passionately for her patients!

October 2nd, 2014
Life-changing care
Dr. Zolnoun has had an amazing impact on my life. Her research, perspective, and the way she talks with me have been life-changing. She is leading the field of research on women's pain, and her understanding of pelvic pain and how it is related to the whole body is phenomenal.