Dr. Deno Barroga MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Dallas, TX

3.8

September 27th, 2016
Scam
I was a patient of Dr. Barrogas for a couple of years. I believe he never looked at my me . He ask a few questions and then sent me home with high dosage opiates. My next visit was very short and again he refilled the prescription s. After a few months I spoke with Barroga regarding dependency with the meds. He brushed me off and continued refilling the prescriptions. I eventually found a doctor who really did his homework and I've never been better. Go to Barroga at your own risk.

March 18th, 2016
mixed bag
I always look at other peoples reviews so I thought I would pay it forward as I saw Dr. Barroga recently. Contrary experiences I encountered to most reviews I read coming into the appointment, First, The staff was super nice, helpful, respectful and easy to work with. I have also called several times since my first appointment and I have to say the service has been great. Second, The doctor is not a turnstile for medications. That is actually about as far from the truth as I can say. More on this below Third, I picked this doctor because of his religious reviews and website, I have to say I was disappointed that I felt none of that with the doctor. Lastly, The doctor is all about money, this is misleading as I don't think that's the case. He does order a lot of tests but he is not performing them or billing you for them. He spent a good 20-30 minutes with me so I don't think he is all about $ or is lazy Things that are true, First, The doctor sent me home with a lot of prescriptions for tests to be run, one reviewer said around 10,000, that is not far off sadly. I have insurance, good insurance actually, and I have got through three of the 10+ requests to do and its already 2,000 bucks WITH INSURANCE Second, If you do not do these tests, he will not keep you as a patient. That is true. It is also disheartening and here is my opinion experience on the visit and this doctor. If you believe the one review about the doctor giving prescriptions for cII drugs easily then it makes sense that he is now scared of his own shadow. It also makes sense that he does speak to his Christian beliefs as other reviewers have criticized him for this. Factually, He mentioned the texas medical board over 5 times in my apt with him. I had not asked for any meds or self diagnosed. Opinion mixed with Fact, I spent a lot of time preparing a single spaced 7 page write up that included all my doctors I have seen, when, and what we discussed as well as treatment plans with them. I brought 3 different mri discs, and xrays, and explained why my gp referred me to him and traditional routes I had already taken, I.e., seen an orthopedic surgeon for my broken ankle and 6 torn ligaments, torn rotator cuff etc, and was given steroid shots, one was last month. I also explained what I hoped to accomplish with him. None of this was studied before meeting him, that I could tell. I was told my discs would not work and I asked hmmmm, so if I go get an mri and they put it on a disc what then, no good answer, this just didn't add up to me. Maybe it will on follow up visits. I have had xrays performed by my chiropractor and by my orthopedic surgeon as well as xrays from a dentist all in the last 7 months. So when he said I needed more xrays, I was genuinely concerned what the point was to those tests and how all that radiation would impact me. He said he had to do it for the texas medical board. I am not sure who is to blame here, but as the patient, I felt trapped because I have read that is really too much radiation and at the very least my xrays from legitimate doctors in the past year should have been taken more seriously. I have several disabilities from birth and they are visibly apparent. I also have had several major lingering issues that I have explored fixing but can because of limitations post surgery. All documented. all dismissed by this doctor. He said, we have to start from scratch with texas medical board to document all this. I am thinking, man, seriously, I have this stuff since birth, explored other venues, documented them, explained my situation, why I was there, honestly my gp begged me to go, as well as my wife in so many ways because of my limitations on basic daily activities. So, I wasn't there with any nefarious objectives. I just needed help. Instead, I am tasked with going all over town to satisfy all these additional tests that cost a lot of money, many of which I have already done, recently too. all for the texas medical board, again I don't know who is who in this tragic bureaucratic process but it is really negative for the patient. I was not given any real medicine to speak of, just tests and equipment to go buy. I was not given any real guidance what our plan would be even if I did all these tests and spent all this money, 5 figures, and ran around town and missed work. How can I a guy with visible deforimities from birth and documentation for a lifetime get sent home with all these tasks that have already been accomplished with no real end goal or promise of help? I am going to go back and see what comes of it as I have not found a better solution in the dfw area. Most doctors seem to be doing this and I blame that squarely on our gov't, the medical board, and doctors not standing up and fulfilling their Hippocratic oath in the face of this adversity.

March 10th, 2016
Terrific Dr - He knows you and cares about you and your issues in life
I've been seeing Dr. Barroga for about two years for chronic pain. Once he knows you, and you get to know him, he seems to know how you are doing and how you feel. He has that ability to tell if you are concerned or something is on your mind. He does the best he can to help you with your pain, ailment or disease. I do not know what I would do without him & his awesome staff. Because I get this great care, I do everything I can when tests or something is needed for my file. I know he has my best interest in mind, and as a patient, I try to be an ideal patient for him. All of the staff try and keep you 'on track' and remind you of appointments and any paperwork or files you need - and, they are very patient. The Dr-Patient relationship will help improve your quality of life if you work at it. I consider myself very fortunate to have Dr. Barroga as my PM Dr. and the support of all the wonderful staff, as well. I know without a doubt I could not find a more caring and compassionate Dr. To me, that makes all the difference. Recommend him 100%.

February 26th, 2016
Best pain management doctor I have ever seen! Been going to him for years. He really cares!

August 1st, 2015
This man is truly an Angel. He truly cares about people who suffer from chronic pain and empathizes with people too vs some who stereotype us as drug seekers. Chronic pain is a hideous and debilitating experience for anyone to deal with. We are negatively judged by many and scrutinized by family and friends and Dr. Barroga takes away all of the shame one can feel in needing pain medication. No one flinches a muscle if you're taking diabetes medicine or heart medication yet for some reason needing to take pain medication carries with it a terrible set of judgements most especially when seeing other doctors in an effort to try and find and fix the source of the pain so that one might be able to someday no longer need this medication. I was bedridden and gaining enormous amounts of weight with the onset of diabetes due to the inability to exercise because the pain was so extreme. Now I am able to move a bit easier and am slowly losing the weight and praying to reverse my pre-diabetic condition. I would not be here were it not for finding him. He's a brilliant man.

June 2nd, 2015
Office has changed. Got three messages telling me three different things.
Your office is not recognizable now. Im a long time patient and he was cool in beginning. We have so many questions about him padding our insurance on procedures that don't happen. He pokes with a needle and got knows if it's sterile. When my wife goes to ask something , he's just not there. I don't know if he'll even be open next month. He sends us to hundreds of test and says they are federal requirements and Obama care. No they are CYA care. I'm disappointed. My wife said if he leaves me without meds again, we aren't going back.

January 27th, 2015
Love this doctor
I suffer with a condition related to an inflamed nerve and muscle spasms in my pelvis - a very embarrassing condition which gives me pain my groin. More than any of the multiple Urogynecologists I have seen, Dr. Barroga has helped me with my pain and made my quality of life better - while he does seem to rush with patients, at the same time he does take time with your concerns and this 'rushing' may just be part of his personality. I am very thankful to have this doctor in my medical team.

February 6th, 2013
Amazing Dr and Staff
Dr Barroga is one of a kind. His warmth is and compassion shows he is truly following his calling. For my initial visit he did a thorough exam and explained what he was doing and why. He spoke with me and not down to me. He asked my opinions and trusted that I know my body best. It does take a while to get an appointment, but well worth it. The staff (especially Heidi) is very helpful. I also appreciate this office because as a Pain Management Dr. he has zero tolerance for drug seekers. That is quite wonderful for pain patients to be under the care of a physician who really understands. For the first time in a long time, I have hope for a healthy recovery.

August 13th, 2012
Great Investigation into CAUSE of Symptoms
Dr. Barroga requested blood tests that other Dr.s missed (including several neurologists) and found the cause of my symptoms. One cause would have become fatal had it not been treated. It is a vitamin deficency that caused a multitude of symptoms that had gotten so bad, I was no longer able to live without assistance. The other test that came back positive, explained my chronic fatigue was due to a chronic virus. Dr. Barroaga is not only great in his field but he also is invaluable in diagnosis of other chronic illness as well.

May 5th, 2012
very wonderful
Dr. Borrago and staff are very compassionate and dr. borrago is outstanding in his diagnosis and manner. He is very knowledgeable and explains things in a great bedside manner.

December 11th, 2009
Great Doctor!
I've been seeing him for 2+ years. It make take a little time to get in to see him as a new patient but well worth the wait!! The initial appointment he really listens to you, reviews your history & any medical imaging reports, he'll order tests IF needed & adjusts meds as needed, slowly. Follow-up appointments he listens and adjust meds until pain is under control. He gives monthly trigger point injections to help in areas of concern. The maintenance care is awsome! When new symptoms appear HE LISTENS & acts accordingly. He'll perform or order tests as needed. His staff is wonderful too. My next appointment is made and the appointment card is ready for you when you get out of the patient rooms. If there's a conflict appointments are easily rescheduled right there on the spot.

March 10th, 2009
Great Doctor
Dr. Barroga has a convenient location, very professional staff and is very caring in his concern for his patient. He asks many questions and welcomes my question as well.