Neurotologist
House Clinic
2100 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90057
(877) 492-4463
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Large acoustic at age 23  |  show details
by Ricki Wolfe on Mar 16th, 2013

Dr. Brackmann and his team saved my life. I was diagnosed with a golf-ball sized acoustic neuroma when I was 23, in 2006. We traveled to Los Angeles from Montana as suggested by local physicians as Dr.Brackmann is " the best and he specializes in these tumors." I later realized that this was the best thing I could have done. Putting your life in someone's hands is never easy, trust me when I say Dr. Brackmann is the best. You can be sure he will do the very best for you. Not only was he highly qualified and knowledgable, he made a decision during my operation that cancelled any doubt I had. After a long and intense 9 hour operation, I woke up to find that a large piece of the tumor remained and I would have to return in five months to attempt to remove it. Initially I was upset by this, thinking " I don't ever want to go through this again, let alone in five months from now." Then Dr. Brackmann explained that if he would have pulled the tumor off I may have suffered worse. For instance, I could have experienced damage to the facial nerve or suffered a stroke. Thank the good Lord for this man and his decision in that moment that allowed my life to be as it is today, I am blessed to have had Dr.Brackmann save my life. Thank you~

|  The Best of The Best  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2012

Dr. Brackmann has been my Dr. for 20 years. He is the kindest,and the most knowledgable in his field. He is compassionateand will spend as much time as you need. I trust him completely.

|  9-14-2006The  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

I can't say enough about Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. I was a 45 year old single parent with a "massive" acoustic neuroma. That's not my analysis, the docs after the tumor was removed. I was back at work in two months and have led a very full life since. To say they are the best is an understatement.

|  Dr. Brackmann gave me a new life  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2012

I flew from Maine to Los Angeles just for treatment at House Ear and to meet Dr. Brackmann. Meniere's disease had just about ruined my life for many years. He and his team (after a year when I tried everything else) gave me a trans-labyrinthine nerve section and the drop attacks and spinning ceased. He gave me a new life in February of 2007. And he is a great guy too. A wonderful person and a fantastic surgeon.

|  Dr. Brackmann is how doctors ought to be.  |  show details
May 15th, 2011

My Dad has had bad experiences with his previous doctors regarding his tumor and hearing loss, but he left Dr. Brackmann's office this time a changed man--- he now believes that good doctors do still exist. Dr. Brackmann tells it like it is, but in a very caring and attentive way. Very pleasantly surprised to see such a kind doctor, esp. one with all his credentials and expertise. My family is so grateful to him and his staff. BTW, his staff were so accommodating esp. since we traveled thousands of miles just to see him.

|  show details
Nov 14th, 2010

Very impressed with everything - I wouldn't trust anyone else inside my head!

|  Fabulous!  |  show details
by Corinne on Jun 11th, 2010

Dr. Brackman is amazing, I first had a surgery 17years ago and 2 years ago I had to have the same surgery repeated due to growth over the implant. Due to my husband being in the military and being out of state I had to use a military doctor. I was just about to get private insurance just so I could go back to Dr. Brackman but then found out my Army surgeon had trained with Dr.Brackman for two years. Just that information and getting confirmation from The House Ear clinic of this training and then had the confidence to allow him to do the surgery. Even if someone tells you its too late to do anything go see Dr.Brackman to either have it fixed or at least have the best tell you there is nothing that can be done.

|  If you have an AN Dr. Brackmann is the doctor to go to!  |  show details
by Alexander Smirnov on Apr 22nd, 2010

Great personality, lots of experience and contributions to AN management, although very busy he will always answer all questions the patient has and will personally follow up. Thanks to him as well as my girlfriend and other HEI staff my stay at the hospital was a great experience although a large tumor was quite frightening to me, an otherwise healthy person. If you have an AN talk to Dr. Brackmann - you may eventually choose a different doctor due insurance or whatever reason but listen to Dr. Brackmann's opinion - I am aware of a few cases where he was right and other doctors overpromissing.

|  WHAT EVERY DOCTOR SHOULD BE  |  show details
by CANACE SMITH on Mar 30th, 2010

DR BRACKMANN HAS BEEN A SURGEON OVER 40 YEARS AND IS STILL HAPPY KIND AND CONCERNED WHEN HE WALKS INTO A PATIENTS ROOM. I HAD AN INTRICATE EAR SURGERY WITH HIM AND AM DELIGHTED WITH THE RESULTS. I CAN HEAR OUT OF MY RIGHT EAR AGAIN!!!! HE IS A MIRACLE WORKER! THE JOY OF HEARING. HE IS INCREDIBLE! HE PICKED THE RIGHT PROFESSION. THANK DR BRACKMANN FOR BECOMING A DOCTOR

|  I can't say enough about this amazing doctor  |  show details
by Grace on Oct 19th, 2009

I was diagnosed with a rare brain tumor in early 2009, an acoustic neuroma, and was sent to House Ear Institute to see Dr Brackmann. From the MOMENT he walked into the room--and said, with a smile on his face, "So, how'd you get to be so lucky?!"--I felt perfectly at ease; he struck me immediately as jovial, kind, caring. He and a team of other doctors, including neurosurgeons, neurotologists, and internists took amazing care of me before, during, and after the surgery to remove the tumor. Going in, I knew there was a 1 in 500 chance of dying from the surgery, but he and his team instilled such a feeling of confidence in me that even the morning of surgery I was completely calm--BEFORE any sedation! I really cannot say enough about Dr Brackmann. He is an amazing doctor and person, and I feel honored to have had him as my surgeon.