Dr. Derek Brinster Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Derek Brinster?

Saved My Son's Life

Posted on November 25th, 2015

There are just not enough ways to say thank you for a complete miracle. Dr. Brinster and his team successfully completed an A Plus Heart Valve replacement operation on my young son at North Shore LIJ. This surgery was denied by the staff at St. Francis Hospital due to its complicated, intricate and involved nature My son had a dismal prognosis going into the operation however, eight hours later we were told that he would most likely survive. He is doing well just one month post-surgery and is expected to fully recover. Dr. Brinster is a brilliant, skillful, kind, and caring physician. My family and our friends are beyond grateful to him and his colleagues. We thank God each day for what he has done.

Amazing superstar surgeon

Posted on October 25th, 2015

Dr Brinster operated on my young 27 year old brother and replaced 2 valves including the aortic valve and patched and rebuilt his left ventricle. This was a miracle surgery and I am so grateful that Dr Brinster accepted our case and performed it. He was humble and told us it was his great team that deserves the credit and I owe them all my brothers life. I have never been more grateful and feel so lucky that we had this man as our surgeon. He is truly a blessing

Thanks Dr. Brinster!

Posted on July 8th, 2015

Dr. Derek Brinster performed a surgery on my mother-in-law to save her for the second time. While he did not do the first surgery, his advice and diagnosis for this second surgery, was the main reason she is still with us today. Thank you Dr. Brinster for your compassion, knowledge, expertise, and bedside manor. Because of you, we have Mama with us still.

Posted on January 5th, 2015

He and his staff were great - they saved my husband's life! My husband is home now and on the mend.

Dr. Derek Brinster

Posted on June 14th, 2013

Dr. Brinster fixed my enlarged aorta and saved my valve. He was there for me and my family and my recovery is going well. I cannot recommend him more highly without inventing new superlatives.

Posted on August 23rd, 2017