inactive

• Neurological Surgery Laughlin, NV

3.6

June 20th, 2016
Recommend
If I could give this doctor n his staff 10 stars I would. Awesome.surgery was very successful with minimal pain

May 6th, 2015
Highly Recommended! Really Cares!!
Dr Duke and Medical Assistant Daniel took took great care of me! God bless them!

May 17th, 2013
Time is precious
I waited two hours beyond my appointment time to see Dr. Duke. I waited an hour at my last appointment. He, and his staff, do not seem to recognize that this lack of consideration reflect negatively on his professionalism. There was no attempt to advise me of this delay. There was no recognition that the patient may have other appointments or obligations outside his office. It is difficult to take his advice when he and his staff are so cavalier about his patient's time and needs. It would be difficult to entrust any surgical procedure to Dr. Duke. I could never be totally certain he'd ever show up, let-alone do a competent job.

April 24th, 2013
Anxious
I haven't had my surgery yet but will next month. I found Dr. Duke very pleasant and took the time to explain my surgery (disc fusion). I have been suffering for over a year with daily pain due to a herniated disc. After therapy did nothing to relieve I saw Dr. Peoples, who I loved. He no longer does this type of surgery but told me if he had to have the surgery himself, he would only let Dr. Duke do it. I will come back after the surgery with another review.

February 26th, 2013
I would not let another doctor touch my back except Dr. Duke. He was fantastic. Very caring and pleasant to talk to. I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring his services

June 24th, 2012
Jerk
I have a complex problem that he won't address. Sent me off to see someone else. Only wants to see perfect people and celebrities

June 5th, 2012
Before seeing Dr. Duke I saw 6 other doctors and went through a yr. Of pain management. Dr. Duke has a wonderful bedside manner and is incredibly competent. I trusted him right away. He was honest in what could be done surgically and the outcome. He honestly cares about his patients. Which is very rare these days with doctors. I highly recommend this doctor.

May 3rd, 2012
Excellent Surgeon
I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Duke. The results are outstanding and everything he told me to expect was accurate. His staff is exceptional as well.

February 23rd, 2012
Don't waste your time!
Although I am sure Dr. Duke does some good to some people in his own right, my experience with this man was less than favorable. Perhaps had I been a private insurance patient instead of a Worker's Comp patient I would have been treated a little better. I have been suffering back and leg pain for nearly five months after a work injry and went to Dr. Duke as a second opinion due to being referred to him by a cardiovascular surgeon I worked with. WHAT A MISTAKE! He is so condesending and dismissive of my pain, feelings and concerns as the wall in front of me. Two other doctors told me I have a small disc protrusion at L4 - L5 that could be causing my pain verified through an MRI. Although the unanimous concesus was I do not need surgery, he completely dismissed my injury by telling me and I quote, "It is all in your head". "I think you have anxiety and depression issues"! He even went as far as to tell me ALL my tests were perfectly normal, when the MRI was not normal. He refused to give me any kind of treatment or pain relief, refused to formally diagnose me with depression and anxiety or treat it because "he wasn't comfortable". Then further refusing to release me from his care to seek treatment elsewhere which didn't make sense since he is a surgeon and I don't need surgery. Just a very condenscending, uncompassionate man. His bedside manner is terribe!

September 24th, 2011
Would not let another doctor touch me!
I went to doctor Duke back in Nov., 2010 for degenerative cervical dish disease. I had been having having neurological problems as a result of the flatten of my spinal cord from C1 to C5. Pretty much every disk in my neck. I had seen two Orthopedic prior to him and the outcome was gloomy. Yes, I needed surgery right away but their procedure would include fusion of the entire neck at every level. Needless to say, I was really depressed. I tried to get my HMO provider to refer me to a neurologist for my surgery since it involved the spinal cord, but they refused. However, I did have the option to go outside my plan at a greater cost. I couldn't afford it but decided to see Dr. Duke anyway. He had been my doctor ten years earlier. At that time I didn't need surgery and he told me so. For those of you that think he only wants to do surgery because that is what he does, you are WRONG! When I went to him for my evaluation back in November, I knew immediately he was the one that was suppose to do my surgery. He walked in the room, explained what was going on and explained that surgery was a must. I told him what the others wanted to do and he assured that he did not need to go that radical. He explained that they just don't know how to do the surgery that he does. He was kind, compassionate and even willing to work with what the insurance would not cover. He offered payments or even a write off. His concern was that I had the surgery done whether he or someone else did it. This man was God sent to me. I had the surgery done with 100% succuss! He removed all the Lamia at every level and all the arthritis as well. All of it without putting anything in!. It is now ten months out and I have not felt so good in many, many years. Total movement of my neck without any pain at all! NORMAL! I suffered for so many years and Dr. Duke fixed it in 30 minutes. I will always be thankful for his kind and caring manner. He is the BEST!

September 11th, 2011
Gave me back my life
I was totally unable to sit due to a herniated disk at L2.Couldn't sit to eat, read ,compute ,watch TV, or go to a movie- for 9 months. Had gone to 3 other surgeons who couldn't even diagnose the problem,and said L2 was too rare a problem to be mine, and that the surgery had a low success rate.Then I met Dr. Duke. His diagnosis was on point and he did a microdisectomy in July. He gave me back my life , and I will remain eternally grateful to him. I can never understand why people fret so much about waiting- take a book! His skill is worth waiting for!

August 24th, 2011
He is the reason I am walking
He performed 2 surgeries that were amazing. At 41 I was faced with a wheelchair and months of rehab. One year later I am walking, climbing, running, etc. I am active and not taking any pain medication. He also has an awesome bedside manner and kindness. I feel indebted to him.