Dr. Derek Haas MD Patient Reviews

• Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Dallas, TX

3.9

August 12th, 2016
Exceptional Doctor
Dr. Haas is absolutely amazing! He performed surgery I needed and has been instrumental in bringing our baby dream to life! He takes time to answer all of your questions, pays attention to detail, and has helped us twice! This is our second successful pregnancy through him. First one baby, now twins! He is very down to earth, easy to talk to, and very caring. Knowing how stressful this process is, he is always eager to put patients at ease. He takes time and is very patient. He is truly a one in a million doctor who knows his stuff!! Best of the best!

February 16th, 2014
a nice doctor
We had a good experience with this doctor. He was always nice and supportive.

July 16th, 2013
Great doctors
I am so grateful for Dr. Haas and all of the staff at Advanced Reproductive Care Center. Being in my early forties and wanting more children, I was so discouraged. However, after my husband and I had our first consultation, we felt confident these doctors would do everything they could to help us. They did! All of the doctors were very compassionate. We never felt rushed. Each of these doctors took the time to listen to our concerns and answer our questions. When we were discouraged, the doctors gave us hope. Thanks to these doctors, we now have our second child. We are going back in hopes of a third child. We highly recommend this office.

October 24th, 2012
Excellent
I was on the verge of turning 40 and my husband 45. With me just having one egg, Dr. Haas gave us our daughter on the first try. We would not have been able to conceive without him. For that I am eternally grateful.

August 3rd, 2012
If you are looking for a compassionate doctor... He is not the one you want to see.

May 8th, 2012
"Lose the office staff"
Dr. Hass is great!! The office staff.. Well let's just say" Theres a lot to be desired there.. .Very un-professional, in a hurry to do nothing, but be rude and set, set, set and do nothing but give a poor image of Dr. Haas. The office ladies are extremely rude, hard to understand, speak like cave women and can hardly speak any English. I'm sorry...the last time I checked; This WAS AMERICA.. Learn the English language ladies; get off your pedestal and lay off the caffeine, and relax Come down to our level. Remember, Youre Serving Us ladies Were not serving You!! No need to get attitude with the patients, simply because we cant understand your broken English and lack thereof a poor education. Nowadays, the term basic necessities have redefined to food, clothing, shelter and quality education. Well. Education is no longer a basic necessity and neither is using proper English. Just hire New staff.

April 25th, 2012
I felt like there was a lack of communication. I was always asking questions, because otherwise I had no idea what was going on. I also thought it was strange that a nurse did not stay in the room with me during an exam. That's never happened to me before, so it was just something I noticed.

January 12th, 2012
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AND UNBELIEVABLE OUTCOME!
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Le, his entire staff and our experience with Advanced Reproductive Care Center. Our first appointment was two days before my 40th birthday and no one ever made us feel like we were a hopeless case. It took some patience and trust in the process on our part (and the knowledge we gained from that was so worth it) as we walked through the steps of IUI and IVF. We now have a beautiful baby girl and life couldn't be more fabulous. Dr. Haas is very kind and understanding and a good listener. He handled four IUI cycles for us and when we were ready to become more aggressive he made good suggestions and also knew when we needed to move on to IVF. The whole staff communicates well and answered numerous questions for us via phone, email and face to face.

December 29th, 2011
Great Experience
Everyone in this office was professional and caring. I was referred to this office by a friend, and I'm so glad I went because now a I have beautiful baby boy after only one frozen cycle IVF. My initial visit with Dr. Le was great. We discussed my four years of failed attempts of IUI's and several IVF's at another fertility clinic. Dr. Le and Dr. Haas prescribed a plan that worked for me on the first attempt. When Dr. Haas did the procedure, I felt at ease and confident in his ability. Dr. Haas was awesome. The nurses were very polite and helpful. I would and have recommended this office.

January 5th, 2011
Never Going Back
I will never go back to this doctor for several reasons, but mostly due to the office staff. When infertility is stressful anyway, the staff here makes it even more stressful. They, specifically Olivia, and the other girls in the office, gave me a hard time at my first visit. All the office girls also have strong accents, and I find it difficult to understand them, especially when they speak rapidly when leaving voice messages. I had insurance, but Olivia still wanted me to pay up front. They hadn't verified the insurance correctly. I paid because I needed the service. I only did one cycle with Dr. Haas and took a break for six months. I then started with a new doctor who tried to obtain my records from Haas's office who wouldn't release them to "another provider". They said they could release the records to me for $25. This is not standard in the industry. My new doctor will release records to other doctors. Dr. Haas' office is very difficult to work with. Then I found out that I had a $55 credit sitting on my account for six months because of errors on their end of an overcharge. It is now a new year (2011), and you would think they would close their books out and give my credit. If I hadn't called for my records, I never would have learned of the credit. Then they told me it would take 4-6 weeks for me to receive the credit that they have been sitting on for six months. As for Dr. Haas himself besides being a poor manager of his staff:I pretty much felt like a number there. When I would ask specific questions, I would get very vague answers - answers that could apply to anyone. Dr. Haas also was very unfamiliar with basic over the counter supplements such as Vitex, specifically. It would be helpful in his position if he was familiar with other treatments that are out there that his patients may have used. I used Vitex for 6 months, and even if it had a bearing on my fertility, Dr. Haas wouldn't be able to say if it was good, bad, hindered, helped, etc.

October 25th, 2009
very honest guy

July 2nd, 2009
I was referred to this practice by at least two women who successfully got pregnant there. It's a busy practice, and sometimes the visits can seem rushed and clinical, but both docs work very hard at what they do. Some staff are kind/caring, and others infuriate me. I'm not completely dissatisfied, but am keeping my eyes open for other Dr's in the area if I don't end up pregnant in the next couple months.