A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Derek Heard:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Derek Heard is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heard
Gout Patient Education Read our patient education guide for Gout, uric acid crystal deposits and causes of this type of arthritis.Before Visiting Dr. Heard Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Derek Heard, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Weight Loss
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. Heard graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heard has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Hca Palmyra Medical Centers
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Derek Heard MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 13 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Derek Heard practice?
- Dr. Derek Heard has 1 office location.
Dr. Derek Heard practices Family Medicine near Albany, GA.
See Albany Family Physicians.