A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Derek Heard:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Derek Heard is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heard
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Heard Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Derek Heard, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Weight Loss
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. Heard graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heard has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Hca Palmyra Medical Centers
- Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Derek Heard MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 13 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Derek Heard practice?
- Dr. Derek Heard has 1 office location.
Dr. Derek Heard practices Family Medicine near Albany, GA.
See Albany Family Physicians.