Dr. Derek Hill DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 26 reviews

July 5th, 2016
Hip Replacement
If you have hip or knee pain you owe it to yourself to consult with Dr. Derek Hill. I had an anterior hip replacement – this was the best decision I made (along with having a top notch orthopedic surgeon). I had a smooth recovery and have resumed my activities without any hip pain or limp. Dr. Hill’s dedicated skills in the field of orthopedic surgery is apparent when you consult with him. He has been recognized in 2014 & 2015 by his peers as a “Top Doctor” in Detroit’s Hour magazine. I would highly recommend Dr. Hill to anyone including my family and friends. I know anyone will be just as pleased as I.

June 18th, 2016
Think he is one of the best if not thee best around

October 8th, 2015
Dr. Hill performed the anterior method of total hip replacement on my left hip. His work was meticulous. I had adult hip dysplasia which made walking very difficult and painful. I now feel as if I have my life back. I love Dr. Hills calm personality and the friendliness of his staff. I highly recommend Hill Ortopedics.

September 15th, 2015
Great Experince With DR. Hill
Dr. Hill did hip surgery on my brother and knee surgery on my sister . I was having pain in my knee Dr. Hill explained everything to me took his time and talked to me. I did not need surgery. The office staff is great everyone is so caring, My whole family think Dr. Hill is a very special doctor. I would give him a 10 star rating.

June 25th, 2015
Dr hill
Dr hill relieve my pain he did surgery only left hip I'll was in Pain for months and I'll so Glad I'll Pick dr hill for my surgery I'll would go Back To Him Again for any other problems I'll would go Back and recommend friends and family and dr hill Is down to earth he listen to his patient and care

October 14th, 2014
I was referred to Dr. Hill to repair my hip. This was my 3 hip replacement for the same hip. The first two did not go well. I went to his office and the staff was friendly and courteous. Dr. Hill explained everything that he was going to do so I could understand it. The surgery went great. This is how it was suppose to be the other two times. If you need an Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Hill is one you should seek.

September 17th, 2014
Hip replacement
Dr. Hill and all his staff are very pleasant. My experience at Oakland Region Hospital was pleasant as well. They had me up and moving the first day. I'm thankful that Dr. Hill is up to date with new technologies as it made my recovery much easier.

July 16th, 2014
Secretary
Doctor Hill is very interested in listening to his patients and providing excellent care with what is bothering you. I would recommend Doctor Hill to anyone with knee or hip problems.

May 8th, 2014
Love Dr Hill, but love his office staff more!!!!
My 83 year old Mom has been having pain in her hip and knee for several months. Another ortho said they wouldn't do a joint replacement on someone that old. She saw her PCP, the other ortho, and pain management doctor, with no resolution of her pain. However, the pain mgmt doctor recommended Dr Hill. We saw him a few weeks ago. Her primary pain was in her knee, and all the doctors were saying that the knee xrays didn't look that bad. Dr Hill also took an xray of her hip and the multiple fractures in her hip are causing "referred" pain in her knee. I have been struggling with getting several different doctors to give medical clearance AND do what's needed to get the surgery. Dr Hill's staff has been amazing, reaching out to all the other doctors to get all the records & results needed to get her cleared for surgery. I have been at the end of my rope with being bounced around by all the doctors, unable to push them to speak to each other or share information. The staff has taken care of it, and all I have to do is take care of my Mom until her surgery, and afterward. I had a meltdown yesterday, an adult woman crying due to frustration and inability to help my Mom. Dr Hill's staff understood and have helped weave our way through all the doctors, getting a plan in place. NOT ONE of the other doctor's offices my Mom has been dealing with stepped up to the plate and helped, in spite of the fact she's been seeing them much longer.

April 11th, 2014
Great Doctor
It was a great privilege working with Dr. Hill on my ankle fracture. He has done a wonderful job during and after my surgery. He and his staff were very professional and always made me feel comfortable while visiting his office for my routine appointments and answered any questions I had. I am very satisfied with my results. Dr. Hill really cares for his patients and is there when you need his help. I am very appreciative!

February 15th, 2014
Finally Walking Pain-Free
Wow! Dr. Hill is an AMAZING doctor! I am so satisfied with my total knee replacement. I was up and walking within hours of my recovery time in the hospital. It was wonderful. My whole experience was completely amazing and pain-free. I was at 95% the first day after surgery. I was able to walk and do the physical therapy exercises the first day in the hospital. He has an excellent pain-free regimen that helps you to follow his instructions so you can get back to being 100% mobile and pain-free. He is very concerned about his patients' welfare and recovery back to their daily life activities. Dr. Hill is the man if you're looking for a doctor who is concerned about correcting your situation and eliminating your pain, If you follow all the instructions Dr. Hill give you and follow the pain regimen he has outlined for you, you too will have an excellent experience with the surgery he performs. The key is for you to "FOLLOW HIS INSTRUCTIONS." I am so confident in him and his skills as a surgeon that I am having my other knee done. And this is within 4 weeks of having the first knee done. My total satisfaction would not have been possible without the help and assistance of Dr. Hill's office staff. He has a great team working along side him who enables him to provide the quality of care that he does. They are truly a great group of concerned medical professionals. I would recommend his practice to anyone who is searching for medical care of sports injuries or joint-care. Great doctor! Great team!

January 5th, 2014
Highly Recommend!
I had been to several different physicians over the past two years. I had two sets of MRIs and X-rays. The docs sent me to Physical Therapy and gave me injections but the pain in my hip and lower back would not go away. I could not sleep. The pain kept me up most nights. Later the pain was constant. I was then sent to the pain clinic where they put me under and gave me injections in my back and hip. I had them twice. The first time worked for a few weeks but only in one area, and the last one did not work at all. The office called to see how I was doing and I told them it did not work. No one ever got back to me. I spoke with Dr. Hill and he said we did not need an MRI but he did an Xray. He took his time and found both areas that were causing me pain and injected the spots. I felt relief right away and am now pain free.I have been living with this pain for two years and Dr. Hill found it right away. I would highly recommend Dr. Hill. He took the time to find out exactly where my pain was. He was patient and was able to catch the areas dead on. I had given up golf and bowling and I am looking forward to both now. All my thanks Dr. Hill.