Hip Replacement show details Hip Replacement
by Rose B on Jul 5th, 2016

If you have hip or knee pain you owe it to yourself to consult with Dr. Derek Hill. I had an anterior hip replacement – this was the best decision I made (along with having a top notch orthopedic surgeon). I had a smooth recovery and have resumed my activities without any hip pain or limp. Dr. Hill’s dedicated skills in the field of orthopedic surgery is apparent when you consult with him. He has been recognized in 2014 & 2015 by his peers as a “Top Doctor” in Detroit’s Hour magazine. I would highly recommend Dr. Hill to anyone including my family and friends. I know anyone will be just as pleased as I.

by Erin moorer on Jun 18th, 2016

Think he is one of the best if not thee best around

by Laurie Smalis on Oct 8th, 2015

Dr. Hill performed the anterior method of total hip replacement on my left hip. His work was meticulous. I had adult hip dysplasia which made walking very difficult and painful. I now feel as if I have my life back. I love Dr. Hills calm personality and the friendliness of his staff. I highly recommend Hill Ortopedics.

Great Experince With DR. Hill show details Great Experince With DR. Hill
by Evelyn Kosakowski on Sep 15th, 2015

Dr. Hill did hip surgery on my brother and knee surgery on my sister . I was having pain in my knee Dr. Hill explained everything to me took his time and talked to me. I did not need surgery. The office staff is great everyone is so caring, My whole family think Dr. Hill is a very special doctor. I would give him a 10 star rating.

Dr hill show details Dr hill
by Tessile LaFever on Jun 25th, 2015

Dr hill relieve my pain he did surgery only left hip I'll was in Pain for months and I'll so Glad I'll Pick dr hill for my surgery I'll would go Back To Him Again for any other problems I'll would go Back and recommend friends and family and dr hill Is down to earth he listen to his patient and care

by Rodney Redmond on Oct 14th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Hill to repair my hip. This was my 3 hip replacement for the same hip. The first two did not go well. I went to his office and the staff was friendly and courteous. Dr. Hill explained everything that he was going to do so I could understand it. The surgery went great. This is how it was suppose to be the other two times. If you need an Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Hill is one you should seek.

Hip replacement show details Hip replacement
by Linda S. on Sep 17th, 2014

Dr. Hill and all his staff are very pleasant. My experience at Oakland Region Hospital was pleasant as well. They had me up and moving the first day. I'm thankful that Dr. Hill is up to date with new technologies as it made my recovery much easier.

Secretary show details Secretary
by Kim Duffey on Jul 16th, 2014

Doctor Hill is very interested in listening to his patients and providing excellent care with what is bothering you. I would recommend Doctor Hill to anyone with knee or hip problems.

Love Dr Hill, but love his office staff more!!!! show details Love Dr Hill, but love his office staff more!!!!
May 8th, 2014

My 83 year old Mom has been having pain in her hip and knee for several months. Another ortho said they wouldn't do a joint replacement on someone that old. She saw her PCP, the other ortho, and pain management doctor, with no resolution of her pain. However, the pain mgmt doctor recommended Dr Hill. We saw him a few weeks ago. Her primary pain was in her knee, and all the doctors were saying that the knee xrays didn't look that bad. Dr Hill also took an xray of her hip and the multiple fractures in her hip are causing "referred" pain in her knee. I have been struggling with getting several different doctors to give medical clearance AND do what's needed to get the surgery. Dr Hill's staff has been amazing, reaching out to all the other doctors to get all the records & results needed to get her cleared for surgery. I have been at the end of my rope with being bounced around by all the doctors, unable to push them to speak to each other or share information. The staff has taken care of it, and all I have to do is take care of my Mom until her surgery, and afterward. I had a meltdown yesterday, an adult woman crying due to frustration and inability to help my Mom. Dr Hill's staff understood and have helped weave our way through all the doctors, getting a plan in place. NOT ONE of the other doctor's offices my Mom has been dealing with stepped up to the plate and helped, in spite of the fact she's been seeing them much longer.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Gina M. on Apr 11th, 2014

It was a great privilege working with Dr. Hill on my ankle fracture. He has done a wonderful job during and after my surgery. He and his staff were very professional and always made me feel comfortable while visiting his office for my routine appointments and answered any questions I had. I am very satisfied with my results. Dr. Hill really cares for his patients and is there when you need his help. I am very appreciative!

Finally Walking Pain-Free show details Finally Walking Pain-Free
by T. Woodland on Feb 15th, 2014

Wow! Dr. Hill is an AMAZING doctor! I am so satisfied with my total knee replacement. I was up and walking within hours of my recovery time in the hospital. It was wonderful. My whole experience was completely amazing and pain-free. I was at 95% the first day after surgery. I was able to walk and do the physical therapy exercises the first day in the hospital. He has an excellent pain-free regimen that helps you to follow his instructions so you can get back to being 100% mobile and pain-free. He is very concerned about his patients' welfare and recovery back to their daily life activities. Dr. Hill is the man if you're looking for a doctor who is concerned about correcting your situation and eliminating your pain, If you follow all the instructions Dr. Hill give you and follow the pain regimen he has outlined for you, you too will have an excellent experience with the surgery he performs. The key is for you to "FOLLOW HIS INSTRUCTIONS." I am so confident in him and his skills as a surgeon that I am having my other knee done. And this is within 4 weeks of having the first knee done. My total satisfaction would not have been possible without the help and assistance of Dr. Hill's office staff. He has a great team working along side him who enables him to provide the quality of care that he does. They are truly a great group of concerned medical professionals. I would recommend his practice to anyone who is searching for medical care of sports injuries or joint-care. Great doctor! Great team!

Highly Recommend! show details Highly Recommend!
Jan 5th, 2014

I had been to several different physicians over the past two years. I had two sets of MRIs and X-rays. The docs sent me to Physical Therapy and gave me injections but the pain in my hip and lower back would not go away. I could not sleep. The pain kept me up most nights. Later the pain was constant. I was then sent to the pain clinic where they put me under and gave me injections in my back and hip. I had them twice. The first time worked for a few weeks but only in one area, and the last one did not work at all. The office called to see how I was doing and I told them it did not work. No one ever got back to me. I spoke with Dr. Hill and he said we did not need an MRI but he did an Xray. He took his time and found both areas that were causing me pain and injected the spots. I felt relief right away and am now pain free.I have been living with this pain for two years and Dr. Hill found it right away. I would highly recommend Dr. Hill. He took the time to find out exactly where my pain was. He was patient and was able to catch the areas dead on. I had given up golf and bowling and I am looking forward to both now. All my thanks Dr. Hill.

Amazing show details Amazing
by Kim on Dec 20th, 2013

I had four knee surgeries before I came to Dr. Hill. He listened to my problems and respected the fact that I really did not want to have yet another surgery. He tried everything possible to prevent me from having to go in for surgery. Once it was decided that that is what needed to be done, The surgery was amazing. I felt better immediately! I have had knee pain for over twenty years, and I am now virtually pain free. Dr. Hill is an amazing doctor - very knowledgeable, and yet he actually cares and listens to his patients. Something you don't see very often. I would highly recommend Dr. Hill to anybody having knee problems.

A great Doctor show details A great Doctor
by Tony Tolomei on Sep 26th, 2013

This amazing surgeon, replaced my badly worn out painful right hip in a short painless couple of hours. I had zero pain after surgery and up walking a few hours later. I was out of the hospital the next day pain free and walking with a walker. Now two weeks later I'm walking without a cane or walker, almost back to my regular routine. Thank you Dr. Hill.

Aug 30th, 2013

This Dr would not be highly recommended in my book. Plan to sit at the office for 2 hours before seeing the Dr. I had surgery on my hip and he burned my skin so bad that I had to go back the second day after surgery and was made to wait 2 hours before I seem the dr. If you have nothing better to do with your time I would recommend this dr. But to me my time is just as valuable as his. So if you see this dr plan to WAIT awhile before seeing him.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by Angie Gojcaj on Aug 1st, 2013

I work for another hospital, and I had to write a review to allow everyone to know how I feel about this doctor and the office. My mother had a problem and when I called the office they fit her in on the sameday. Not only did the doctor do an amazing job!!!! he is also a wonderful person willing to talk to my mother whom doesnt speak English, but willing to lesson to her and try to understand her language. My mother will have her other knee done by Dr. Hill by the end of the year. I would recommend any friends and family to Dr. Hill and the office.

An Angel sent from above show details An Angel sent from above
by Gerrie M. Simoni on Jul 16th, 2013

There is nothing I disliked about this doctor. He was an angel sent from heaven. I could hardly walk when I met Dr. Hill. He did a complete hip replacement and gave me back my life. He's a fabulous doctor, with a bedside manner that is incredible. He makes you feel like you're the only patient he has. He genuinely cares. I haven't felt this good in 4 years and I owe it all to Dr. Hill. I highly recommend him. He is my angel and I honestly feel someone up there knew I was in pain and sent me the best - Dr. Hill is my Angel and I don't know what I would have done without him.

tic toc doc show details tic toc doc
by Linda on Jun 3rd, 2013

It is very easy to talk to the doc. He does listen to closely and is very honest in his opinions. I value that I don't want a doc that will just tell me what I want to hear. He"s straight up.

by William Kapolka on Apr 8th, 2013

He was very direct on the procedure, he assured me that I would get the best care, he checked on me constantly after the surgery, was very positive about the results and told me what to expect in every aspect of recovery and rehab

one of the best show details one of the best
by erin moorer on Mar 16th, 2013

been around a bunch of doctors and he is clearly one of the best i've visited. would recommend him to anyone who likes a doctor thats listens and let u kno the best process for the best results. thanks doc

Oct 8th, 2012

doctor hill worked on my annkle whn i was 14 i love himmmm

Dr. Hill show details Dr. Hill
Feb 8th, 2012

Dr. Hill takes the time necessary to analyze and diagnose your health concerns and explains them in a way that's easy to understand. Even though he's a surgeon by trade, he does his best to avoid surgery unless it's absolutely necessary to correct your condition. I admire that about him.

At ease-hip pain show details At ease-hip pain
Feb 7th, 2012

After going to my family Dr for months about my hip pain he finally referred me to an Orthopedic Dr. Once I met Dr.Hill he took xrays and I did indeed have bad arthritis. He did not jump right to surgery but instead suggested cortisone injection,rest and ice. I was so relieved to find a Dr that was not "surgery" happy but rather took the time to listen to me and put me at ease. I'm so happy to have found this Dr.

Jun 27th, 2011

I am not the only patient Dr Hill has located cancer in while concentrating on a different issue! I think he should have a write up in a newspaper or magazine for his life saving virtues!Dr Hill is one of few doctors that have really found their calling!He really cares about his patients like they are the only one he has! I would also like to comment on his compassionate right hand Jodi! She is an amazing woman & like Dr Hill, she goes above & beyond. Not many people like going to the doctor but I actually look forward to seeing her. Jodi is so easy to talk to and makes Dr Hills patients feel 100% at ease. They make a superb & brillant team & I will truly miss her when my treatment comes to an end. The office staff are all wonderful also & will work with you. They are a busy office but yet continue to smile & have an enormous amount of patience...with us seniors! I highly recommend this office to anyone that is searching for a brillant doctor & accomodating staff!

Brillant doctor show details Brillant doctor
May 15th, 2011

I went to Dr Hill for pain in my knees. I was told by previous doctor (for 3 years) the pain was arithritus. I was sent to Dr Hill for my right knee. He spotted something in my left knee on an xray of the right knee. After my MRI he made it possible to see an oncologist the next day.It was a malignant tumor. (sarcoma)Dr Hill has called me on the phone twice & that's something I have NEVER experienced in my dealings with doctors. Doctor Hill REALLY cares about his patients and I find that extremely rare.He's so dilligent and astronomically prolific! Doctor Hill is truly an amazing doctor in every aspect.He's also not "surgery happy" as the vast majority of doctors seem to be.I HIGHLY recommend this caring genious! We all know there are good and not so good doctors. Doctor Hill is the best and being a senior citizen, I've had experience with quite a few throughout the years!

Nov 6th, 2010

Spent a lot of time explaining my knee problem and offered alternatives to surgery. I eventually had surgery (knee scope) but Dr. Hill was willing to try other things first.