Derek L Hill, DO
28001 Schoenherr Rd
Suite 3
Warren, MI 48088
586-558-9500
Locations and availability (4)

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Gina M. on Apr 11th, 2014

It was a great privilege working with Dr. Hill on my ankle fracture. He has done a wonderful job during and after my surgery. He and his staff were very professional and always made me feel comfortable while visiting his office for my routine appointments and answered any questions I had. I am very satisfied with my results. Dr. Hill really cares for his patients and is there when you need his help. I am very appreciative!

|  Finally Walking Pain-Free  |  show details
by T. Woodland on Feb 15th, 2014

Wow! Dr. Hill is an AMAZING doctor! I am so satisfied with my total knee replacement. I was up and walking within hours of my recovery time in the hospital. It was wonderful. My whole experience was completely amazing and pain-free. I was at 95% the first day after surgery. I was able to walk and do the physical therapy exercises the first day in the hospital. He has an excellent pain-free regimen that helps you to follow his instructions so you can get back to being 100% mobile and pain-free. He is very concerned about his patients' welfare and recovery back to their daily life activities. Dr. Hill is the man if you're looking for a doctor who is concerned about correcting your situation and eliminating your pain, If you follow all the instructions Dr. Hill give you and follow the pain regimen he has outlined for you, you too will have an excellent experience with the surgery he performs. The key is for you to "FOLLOW HIS INSTRUCTIONS." I am so confident in him and his skills as a surgeon that I am having my other knee done. And this is within 4 weeks of having the first knee done. My total satisfaction would not have been possible without the help and assistance of Dr. Hill's office staff. He has a great team working along side him who enables him to provide the quality of care that he does. They are truly a great group of concerned medical professionals. I would recommend his practice to anyone who is searching for medical care of sports injuries or joint-care. Great doctor! Great team!

|  Highly Recommend!  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2014

I had been to several different physicians over the past two years. I had two sets of MRIs and X-rays. The docs sent me to Physical Therapy and gave me injections but the pain in my hip and lower back would not go away. I could not sleep. The pain kept me up most nights. Later the pain was constant. I was then sent to the pain clinic where they put me under and gave me injections in my back and hip. I had them twice. The first time worked for a few weeks but only in one area, and the last one did not work at all. The office called to see how I was doing and I told them it did not work. No one ever got back to me. I spoke with Dr. Hill and he said we did not need an MRI but he did an Xray. He took his time and found both areas that were causing me pain and injected the spots. I felt relief right away and am now pain free.I have been living with this pain for two years and Dr. Hill found it right away. I would highly recommend Dr. Hill. He took the time to find out exactly where my pain was. He was patient and was able to catch the areas dead on. I had given up golf and bowling and I am looking forward to both now. All my thanks Dr. Hill.

|  Amazing  |  show details
by Kim on Dec 20th, 2013

I had four knee surgeries before I came to Dr. Hill. He listened to my problems and respected the fact that I really did not want to have yet another surgery. He tried everything possible to prevent me from having to go in for surgery. Once it was decided that that is what needed to be done, The surgery was amazing. I felt better immediately! I have had knee pain for over twenty years, and I am now virtually pain free. Dr. Hill is an amazing doctor - very knowledgeable, and yet he actually cares and listens to his patients. Something you don't see very often. I would highly recommend Dr. Hill to anybody having knee problems.

|  A great Doctor  |  show details
by Tony Tolomei on Sep 26th, 2013

This amazing surgeon, replaced my badly worn out painful right hip in a short painless couple of hours. I had zero pain after surgery and up walking a few hours later. I was out of the hospital the next day pain free and walking with a walker. Now two weeks later I'm walking without a cane or walker, almost back to my regular routine. Thank you Dr. Hill.

Aug 30th, 2013

This Dr would not be highly recommended in my book. Plan to sit at the office for 2 hours before seeing the Dr. I had surgery on my hip and he burned my skin so bad that I had to go back the second day after surgery and was made to wait 2 hours before I seem the dr. If you have nothing better to do with your time I would recommend this dr. But to me my time is just as valuable as his. So if you see this dr plan to WAIT awhile before seeing him.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Angie Gojcaj on Aug 1st, 2013

I work for another hospital, and I had to write a review to allow everyone to know how I feel about this doctor and the office. My mother had a problem and when I called the office they fit her in on the sameday. Not only did the doctor do an amazing job!!!! he is also a wonderful person willing to talk to my mother whom doesnt speak English, but willing to lesson to her and try to understand her language. My mother will have her other knee done by Dr. Hill by the end of the year. I would recommend any friends and family to Dr. Hill and the office.

|  An Angel sent from above  |  show details
by Gerrie M. Simoni on Jul 16th, 2013

There is nothing I disliked about this doctor. He was an angel sent from heaven. I could hardly walk when I met Dr. Hill. He did a complete hip replacement and gave me back my life. He's a fabulous doctor, with a bedside manner that is incredible. He makes you feel like you're the only patient he has. He genuinely cares. I haven't felt this good in 4 years and I owe it all to Dr. Hill. I highly recommend him. He is my angel and I honestly feel someone up there knew I was in pain and sent me the best - Dr. Hill is my Angel and I don't know what I would have done without him.

|  tic toc doc  |  show details
by Linda on Jun 3rd, 2013

It is very easy to talk to the doc. He does listen to closely and is very honest in his opinions. I value that I don't want a doc that will just tell me what I want to hear. He"s straight up.

|  Happy Right Knee  |  show details
by Paula in Pain on Apr 12th, 2013

On January 22, 2012 I was sent to Dr. Hill's for treatment of my right knee. I was in so much pain, I was unable to walk. Dr. Hill took x-rays and had me get a brace which I had to wear for six weeks. I was able to walk a little better. After six weeks of wearing the brace he then advised me that surgery was needed to fix the tear due to the level of pain I was still having. I was very scared but he was very kind and caring and He explained to me what to expect. On March 28th I had surgery and the moment I woke up the throbbing pain was gone. Thank You...I trust Dr.Hill and his staff they made me feel like part of the family. Thank you Dr. Hill for helping me with my pain. I will tell all my friends and Family please see Dr. Hill if you want relief. Thank You again

by William Kapolka on Apr 8th, 2013

He was very direct on the procedure, he assured me that I would get the best care, he checked on me constantly after the surgery, was very positive about the results and told me what to expect in every aspect of recovery and rehab

|  one of the best  |  show details
by erin moorer on Mar 16th, 2013

been around a bunch of doctors and he is clearly one of the best i've visited. would recommend him to anyone who likes a doctor thats listens and let u kno the best process for the best results. thanks doc

Oct 8th, 2012

doctor hill worked on my annkle whn i was 14 i love himmmm

|  Dr. Hill  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

Dr. Hill takes the time necessary to analyze and diagnose your health concerns and explains them in a way that's easy to understand. Even though he's a surgeon by trade, he does his best to avoid surgery unless it's absolutely necessary to correct your condition. I admire that about him.

|  At ease-hip pain  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

After going to my family Dr for months about my hip pain he finally referred me to an Orthopedic Dr. Once I met Dr.Hill he took xrays and I did indeed have bad arthritis. He did not jump right to surgery but instead suggested cortisone injection,rest and ice. I was so relieved to find a Dr that was not "surgery" happy but rather took the time to listen to me and put me at ease. I'm so happy to have found this Dr.

|  HE'S THE BEST BETTER THAN ALL THE REST  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

WHEN 2 OTHER DOCTOR BOTCHED MY RIGHT KNEE WITH 2 FAILED KNEE REPLACEMENTS AND OTHER DOCTOR'S WOULDN'T SEE BECAUSE OF THOSE OTHER DOCTORS. I PRAYED TO GOD TO SEND ME TO DOCTOR AND IT WAS DR. D. HILL WHO CAME TO MY RESCUE AND SAVED MY RIGHT KNEE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MY 3RD SURGERY ON MY RIGHT KNEE WITHIN 3 YEARS. I AM FOREVER THANKFUL TO DR. HILL HE IS SMART AND VERY TALENTED IN HIS FIELD ORTHOPEDICS . I AM WALKING AGAIN DR. HILL I LOVE YOU AND YOUR STAFF. DELINDA BEVELLE SEND YOU HUGS AND KISSES.

Jun 27th, 2011

I am not the only patient Dr Hill has located cancer in while concentrating on a different issue! I think he should have a write up in a newspaper or magazine for his life saving virtues!Dr Hill is one of few doctors that have really found their calling!He really cares about his patients like they are the only one he has! I would also like to comment on his compassionate right hand Jodi! She is an amazing woman & like Dr Hill, she goes above & beyond. Not many people like going to the doctor but I actually look forward to seeing her. Jodi is so easy to talk to and makes Dr Hills patients feel 100% at ease. They make a superb & brillant team & I will truly miss her when my treatment comes to an end. The office staff are all wonderful also & will work with you. They are a busy office but yet continue to smile & have an enormous amount of patience...with us seniors! I highly recommend this office to anyone that is searching for a brillant doctor & accomodating staff!

|  Brillant doctor  |  show details
May 15th, 2011

I went to Dr Hill for pain in my knees. I was told by previous doctor (for 3 years) the pain was arithritus. I was sent to Dr Hill for my right knee. He spotted something in my left knee on an xray of the right knee. After my MRI he made it possible to see an oncologist the next day.It was a malignant tumor. (sarcoma)Dr Hill has called me on the phone twice & that's something I have NEVER experienced in my dealings with doctors. Doctor Hill REALLY cares about his patients and I find that extremely rare.He's so dilligent and astronomically prolific! Doctor Hill is truly an amazing doctor in every aspect.He's also not "surgery happy" as the vast majority of doctors seem to be.I HIGHLY recommend this caring genious! We all know there are good and not so good doctors. Doctor Hill is the best and being a senior citizen, I've had experience with quite a few throughout the years!

Nov 6th, 2010

Spent a lot of time explaining my knee problem and offered alternatives to surgery. I eventually had surgery (knee scope) but Dr. Hill was willing to try other things first.