A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Derek Kunimoto:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Derek Kunimoto is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kunimoto
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Kunimoto Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Derek Kunimoto, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Fungal eye infections
Education & Awards
Dr. Kunimoto graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Kunimoto has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Scottsdale Healthcare-Shea
- St Joseph's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Derek Y Kunimoto MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Derek Y. Kunimoto practice?
- Dr. Derek Kunimoto has 1 office location.
Dr. Derek Kunimoto practices Ophthalmology near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Ophthalmologists.