A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Derek Kunimoto:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Derek Kunimoto is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Derek Kunimoto, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Fungal eye infections
Education & Awards
Dr. Kunimoto graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Kunimoto has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- St Joseph's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kunimoto accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Choice Arizona - 2 plans
- Aetna - 7 plans
- Mercy Care Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 2 plans
- SCAN Health Plan - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Derek Kunimoto practice?
Dr. Derek Kunimoto practices Ophthalmology near Gilbert, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Phoenix, AZ and Mesa, AZ.
See Gilbert Ophthalmologists.