Dr. Derek Lado DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 1st, 2017
From One Patient to Another
I started seeing Dr. Lado in November 2016 after seeing many highly-rated doctors or pain clinics throughout Michigan and out of the state. I have, since 2001, seen doctors that were said to be “highly successful and knowledgeable”. I was told they “wrote the journals in neurology” …” I was in good hands.” But as anyone reading this can imagine, journals and other doctor references are not always the best way to find a doctor that can really be there to help. One that, actually listens to you. With Dr. Lado, everything has changed. For the better! Before I met Doctor Lado, I was about to give up on the quality of my life AND doctors in general. BUT, my word of advice is to keep searching. You never know when the one doctor, my doctor, or a Dr. Lado is around the corner and is exactly the person you should have met long ago to help you. I am so grateful to have found him. Dr. Lado helped me from the very first day I walked in his door. Why? Dr. Lado took the time to sit with me and hear my concerns from Day 1. He listens. He hears. And, he doesn’t treat you like a page out of a textbook. I am not a page out of a textbook! Every patient case is different. Dr. Lado gets this! (believe me, not every doctor can think outside of their textbook and what they learned in school...following their book without deviation). Dr. Lado can apply what he learned while also having an innate ability to look at you, the individual patient, and your needs, your symptoms, your medical condition. I love this. Dr. Lado sees me. My symptoms, my pain. Better yet, he has knowledge in a few different medical fields that he brings together to help the patient. I have never had this ability in a doctor before. So that you know where I am coming from and why and why I am writing this reference, I should give you a glimpse into my condition that brought me to Dr. Lado. After a life-altering car accident in 2001…one that left me with dystonia, occipital neuralgia and migraines affecting me in work and quality of life, Dr. Lado listened. Without judgment…to my history of chronic pain and all the years of treatment I endured with little to some results. Most doctors could not treat all. What I can tell you is that Dr. Lado is successfully treating me today. My quality of life is back. I have always put my symptoms and pain this way…” like a hurt dog on the side of a road you are trying to help, you are in so much pain that you lash out at everything…including those you work with and that are there to enjoy your quality of life.” Although I may never recover fully, I am happy to say that I could not imagine these better days that I am living now. I am not a dog that bites. At this very moment, I, again, am grateful to Dr. Lado, his medical knowledge and intuitive insight that helps me every day. It would be great if I could have all those doctors I saw before get a lesson from Dr. Lado. If only they knew what it took to be a great doctor. They should all hope to have his capabilities.

June 3rd, 2015
I was in pain for over five years, feeling like a knife was stabbing me in my ribs, after seeing multiple doctors and none of them having any idea where my pain was coming from, I finally got referred to Dr. Lado. He listened to me about the pain, and immediately knew what the cause was. I am so thankful for him and his staff. I can finally take deep breaths! Thank you Dr. LADO!

March 30th, 2017