Gastroenterologist
14301 N 87th St
Ste 308
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
602-787-1231
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 2.9047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Support staff including phone system lacking  |  show details
by Disappointed on Jan 21st, 2014

Dr.Landon takes time for his patients during office visits. Through in answering questions, explaining medications and procedures. Kind and caring. However, his office service is problematic. Left Several messages on answering service recording and never received call back. No live answering service to contact dr. This was during a time of flare up of symptoms, and this patient was left bewildered. Get a new office staff and system to support the care if your patients .

|  best  |  show details
by Bonnie Western on Nov 26th, 2013

I trust Dr. Landan with my life. He has made a difference in my life with a chronic illness I struggle with.

|  RN  |  show details
by Maryann Landerie on Oct 19th, 2013

Dr Landan the most compassionate wonderful doctor ever!! I am very lucky to know him!

|  SstaffsStafftSsaff  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2012

This doctor is awesome.....but the woman who is his front office person is horrible and that is an understatement. Bad enough I have to consider if it is worth it to continue with such a great doctor if I have to run the guantlet with her each time - I feel beat up afterward - what a meany to put it nicely.

|  Staff  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

Never encountered such a cruel, abrasive and rude receptionist/office person in my life! Older woman running the front desk and office is insensitive, abrupt and curt! It is terrible you must be greeted by her to get to such a wonderful and caring doctor. Is she is mother? Why else would you keep such an unsociable front staff person.

|  Willing to listen/learn when it comes to SCI patients!  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Dr. Landan is an AWESOME doctor! I have never met a more caring person in the medical field as Dr. Landan. He will sit and take the time to listen, not rush you through like most other doctors do. To me, that's SO worth it. He is very patient and willing to listen to concerns we have being a patient with a spinal cord injury.KUDOS to you Dr. L!

|  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

Dr. Landan did listen but I waited a minimum of 45 minutes and when I had a procedure (fasting mind you) I waited over 3 hours from the appointed time until the procedure began. The response of both Dr. Landan and the surgi center staff was unconcerned and they actually told me I should have eaten 8 hours before my scheduled time. I would have had go eat at 2 am. Additionally when I called for another appt (why I don't know) the phone was disconnected with no number given. I have no idea where he is now.

|  DIAGNOSED WHAT OTHERS COULD NOT--SMART!!!  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2011

My doc refered me to 2 diff. GI docs that couldn't figure out how to help me. Then, I was told to go to Mayo Clinic but things kept getting worse . . . and basically, they told me it was all "in my head". FINALLY a friend told me about Dr. Landan. He was able to figure out what the others could not. He did a great job explaining things. Food is a good thing again!

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

Takes time to listen to what the patient is saying and actually knows what is already in the patients chart without the patient having to tell him everything. Spends as much time as you need and is very knowlegeable and considerate. He is also very up to date on new proceedures.

|  Great doctor but need differebt staff!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

Dr. Landan is amazing. He will spend time with you and answer all your questions to make sure you understand everything and help with any concerns. Never met a doctor like this. However, his front staff woman he has anwering the phone sometimes and taking your vitals is unprofessional, cracks unncessary comments, and even makes fun of patients behind their back. If he wants patients to come back, he should find different staff or atleast replace that one woman because she is not good for business!!

|  Dr. Derek Landan  |  show details
by Feeln F at Insider Pages on Aug 7th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I haven`t seen this Dr yet...I hit the wrong button and it created this review but now I can`t delete it and I don`t want to give a review w...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  show details
by Lee on May 20th, 2010

Amazing doctor!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by AC on Oct 25th, 2009

This doctor takes the time to listen to what your saying and reviews all your information. Will stay and answer all your questions without rushing out the door to get to the next patient. His staff is very accomodating and helpfull.

|  Fantastic Doctor Who Listens!  |  show details
by Ana Maria King on May 29th, 2008

I love this doctor. After being seen by many Gastro specialists, its nice to finally meet one that listens to my stomach problems. He is very accomodating and even though the wait is long to see him, it is well worth it. I am so happy I have found this doctor!

|  Poor stomach acid monitoring procedure  |  show details
by mattieb36 on Mar 1st, 2008 on kudzu.com

Went to Dr. Landan with complaints of constant belching. Instead of performing an endoscopy, he elected to put me under for a procedure in which he placed an acid-monitoring sensor deep in my esophagus. Procedure went wrong as the sensor went into my sinuses and then into my lungs. Landan reimbursed me for all expenses. Hope he doesn't use this Medtronic Bravo device anymore and goes with endoscopy instead.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com