A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Derek Lauritzen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Derek Lauritzen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Derek Lauritzen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Retina Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Lauritzen graduated from Tufts University, Boston.
Dr. Lauritzen has 5 hospital affiliations:
- French Hospital Medical Center
- Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lauritzen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Humana - 8 plans