A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Derek Mafong:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Derek Mafong is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mafong
Specialties & Research
Dr. Derek Mafong, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Mafong graduated from University of California at San Francisco. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Mafong has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center
- UC San Diego Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Derek Dwayne Mafong MD is a male Internist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Derek D. Mafong practice?
- Dr. Derek Mafong has 2 office locations.
Dr. Derek Mafong practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Bonita, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Oceanside, CA.
See Bonita Internists and Bonita Endocrinologists.