A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Derek Mafong:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Derek Mafong is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mafong
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Mafong Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Derek Mafong, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Mafong graduated from University of California at San Francisco. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Mafong has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center
- UC San Diego Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Derek Dwayne Mafong MD is a male Internist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Derek D. Mafong practice?
- Dr. Derek Mafong has 2 office locations.
Dr. Derek Mafong practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Bonita, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Oceanside, CA.
See Bonita Internists and Bonita Endocrinologists.