Dr. Derek Ochiai Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Derek Ochiai?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2017

Excellent Doctor

July 12th, 2013

Wonderful experience

I met with Dr. Ochiai yesterday for problems with my hip. He was friendly, patient, and thorough. I didn't feel rushed and all my questions were answered. The joint steroid injection was extremely painful since my joint was inflamed, but he was genuinely apologetic and made sure I was okay. I hope the injection is a success and I don't have to get surgery, but if I do, I'll be returning to Dr. Ochiai. Also, his nurses/ assistants were super friendly. This experience was worth the almost 3 hour drive.

August 8th, 2012

Great Doctor

I had two hip surgeries with Dr. Ochiai. He's excellent and my hips are feeling great. I've also had numerous other orthopedic issues over the last couple of years, and Dr. Ochiai has always been an excellent provider. He's extremely patient and very professional. He's intelligent, articulate and he's a very nice person. I will soon be moving away from the area, but would be willing to make a trip back to Virginia just to see Dr. Ochiai if I ever have another serious bone/muscle/joint problem, which knowing my luck, I probably will. I can't say enough good things about this doctor.

July 15th, 2012

The Hip Dr. that you want to see.

Dr. Ochiai operated on my hip and it is good to go now. He's very thorough with his follow up as well, which I really appreciated. I got another surgery with for something else with another Dr., and he wasn't quite as thorough afterwards, but Dr. Ochiai was always responded thoroughly to any post op concerns that I had and didn't treat me as if he didn't care about me once the surgery was over. I also found Danielle (his secretary and assistant) to be very helpful. She's very busy and sometimes overwhelmed, but I found that if you email her, she'll respond quickly and thoroughly. My only complaint with Dr. Ochiai is that since he's so great at hips and seems to be very interested in them, he doesn't seem (just my opinion) to be as focused on treating other problems that you may have. I'm always hurting something, and found his care and diagnosis for other parts of the body (knee,ankle etc.) to be just average (definitely still adequate). His hip care on the other hand was spot on and great. He's DEFINITELY the Dr. to see if you have a hip problem that needs fixing.

March 23rd, 2012

Great and great

Dr. Ochiai is wonderful. Drove from Fredericksburg to know I was going to receive "real" care. He took my hip xray (just a walk down their hall, they have everything right there) and he went over the xray on his computer with me minutes later. Then talked about all he was looking at - explaining my pain as we were looking at a "hip bone on bone" ;-) xray. He ordered a deep joint shot which worked great. It is now a while later, and he had explained that a hip joint replacement was the ultimate fix. So now with summer coming up, my visit with him was so great - again. Another quick xray and he listened to my goals (tennis! and family!) and let me know the timing. I am so excited to have the joint replacement scheduled next month. Nirshl Orthopaedic is awesome. From the Dr. Administrator to the techs and Doctors. I am so grateful to have researched and am in great hands!

July 10th, 2017