Dr. Derek Olson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Derek Olson?

December 20th, 2014

Think twice before selecting this physician !

My college age son was a patient of Dr.Olson. My son, has a history of severe asthma and has also suffered several bouts of pneumonia, was very ill and we arrived 20 minutes late to an office appointment at the Evanston location. Dr. Olson refused to see or treat him and told me we would have to reschedule for another day, even thought the office was completely empty of patients. I took my son downstairs to the E.R. where he was immediately treated for respiratory distress due to severe asthmatic wheezing, bronchitis, and another pneumonia. The attending E.R. physician who has also treated my son many times in the past for emergency visits due to his asthmatic condition was shocked that Dr. Olson refused to see a patient so ill due to a 20 minute tardiness. I located a new Dr. for my son the very same day within the Norshore Healthcare System. I find it difficult to even process what low standards Dr.Olson displayed abut himself, nor do I truly care, I am just glad I switched my son to another physician. There is a constant problem among the office staff, the two older women openly argue with one another over petty issues in the presence of sick patients ( once over a slice of lemon meringue pie), Latensia, the medical assistant, is moody, rolls her eyes, speaks disrespectfully and displays "attitudes" towards the patients, as well as openly complains to patients about her private life and personal issues regarding her home, children, with Dr. Olson.This is a total lack of professionalism, regard, or concern for the comfort level of ill patients and Dr. Olson tolerates this nonsense. Any physician that refuses to treat an ill 20 year old not only lacks empathy and compassion, but I would venture to say that something is not quite "right" with him.

October 30th, 2013

nice doc

He is such a wonderful and compassionate doctor.. im really happy with him as my doctor..

July 2nd, 2012

Truly a wonderful Doctor who cares about his patients

I have been seeing Doctor Olson for about 18 months and could not be more pleased with his level of care. I have always done extensive research and interviews with my care professional prior to putting my care into their hands, and I have to say that he is wonderful at what he does. He listens, cares and has wonderful bedside manner. He response quickly to my inquiries, needs and always has my healthcare as his priority. I also like that he pushes me to be more involved in taking care of myself, not to just write out Prescriptions and get me out the door. He takes his time and provides excellent service.

September 9th, 2010

After going to a doctor closer to my home and finding that the patients were being herded in and out like cattle, it was refreshing to find a doctor who actually cares about finding out more about your symptoms and treating them. My other doctor cared more about how many people he could overbook, how long he could make you wait, and if you had the insurance to pay for his services.

May 21st, 2010

A Family Physician In The Classic Manner

Dr. Olson got me through a rough patch of post-surgical illness in 2007, and I have seen him on a regular basis since. He has always taken the time to explain all my conditions and all my options to me.

April 21st, 2010

Love my Doc

He truly has a great demeanor and is a very compassionate doctor...he actually takes his time with you and other than feeling rushed I even feel like Im taking up too much of his time, lol. He is very patient, knowledgable and a great listener. Glad I found him, plus the hours make it easy for me to not miss work.

August 27th, 2009

Highly recommend

I highly recommend this physician for his demeanor and professionalism.

January 4th, 2016