Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Derek Persons
Dr. Derek Persons, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN, with another office in Memphis, TN. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Medical Oncology. Dr. Persons is affiliated with Nea Medical Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Memphis and Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Derek Persons has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability...
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists...
Dr. Derek Persons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.
Dr. Usman Yusuf
Hematology, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Dr. Sima Jeha
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Pediatrics, Medical Oncology
Memphis, TN 0.07 mi34
Dr. Asha Pillai
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
Memphis, TN 0.07 mi21