A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Derek Simons:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Simons
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Simons Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Derek Simons, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Simons graduated from University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine, Winnipeg.
Dr. Simons has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Hospital
- Buffalo Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Derek Brent Simons MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Derek B. Simons practice?
- Dr. Derek Simons has 3 office locations.
Dr. Derek Simons practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Minneapolis, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Elk River, MN and Buffalo, MN.
See Minneapolis Internists and Minneapolis Cardiologists.