A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Derek Simons:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Derek Simons, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Simons graduated from University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine, Winnipeg.
Dr. Simons has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Hospital
- Buffalo Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Simons accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 17 plans
- Humana - 9 plans