Dr. Derek Tenhoopen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Derek Tenhoopen?

Posted on August 11th, 2015

I really like Dr. Tenhoopen and he was amazing when I was pregnant with both my daughters. However, he is very difficult to get an appointment with. In fact, I haven't seen him in three years, since my youngest was born. I would recommend him with the understanding that you will most likely not see him.

Condescending and inappropriate

Posted on February 17th, 2015

Derek was the on call OBGYN at the hospital on the night/morning I was in labor. He seemed nice at first, but as things progressed with my labor, he became callous and rude-- making comments out loud about fluids getting on him during a procedure that he was totally in control of (catherization), comments to nursing staff about whether we had attended childbirth classes (we had), comments about my pushing (I was a first time mom, and was trying to figure it out... he, as a doctor whom one would assume had attended enough births to be helpful with instruction, was not helping AT ALL), and after another doctor replaced him and actually helped me, he dropped by my room once more to condescendingly tell me how amazing I was, and how he "hadn't seen anything like it in the 15 years he'd been in practice." He was shaming, he was unprofessional, and like another reviewer stated, I cannot believe that he is still practicing; my husband and I refer to him as "the frat boy" of the practice, and hope to steer clear of him going forward. Oh, Derek also got upset with me early in my labor when he came into the room to check me, and I was showering. . . how dare a laboring woman shower! I explained that the nurses told me it was okay to go in, and said that there was a lot going on on the floor, so there was no reason for me to wait for the dr., but he wasn't even happy with that; he told me that he only had a few patients to check on personally... as if his schedule and priorities mattered more than a patient's comfort level during freaking labor.

Posted on April 13th, 2013

The office staff is extremely rude and no follow call from the doctor was made when I called regarding a medical issue. I do not even know if the doctor was made aware that I called to speak to him as the staff was so rude each time I have had to call for an issue.

Posted on May 19th, 2012

Money hungry doctor and practice and they treat patients like a number. Had to switch to another doctor at another practice.

Great Dr

Posted on November 8th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr TenHoopen for over 10 years! He is a great Dr and really knows his stuff! He is very compassionate and caring.

patient

Posted on September 30th, 2010

very nice man

Posted on June 19th, 2010

this so called dr thinks he is an advisor to women having trouble in their marriages. His wonderful advice to send my wife to his friends<the lawyers is now the reason we are having trouble reconciling.Perhaps he should keep his fingers in his business and keep his nose out of other peoples business

Posted on January 27th, 2010