Dr. Derek Jones DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Ashland, KY

• Good
  • Bad

March 19th, 2017
THIS DR IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY AND THIS IS BASED ON SEVERAL YEARS WITH HIM AS PHYSICIAN I
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

March 15th, 2017
Do not question him
Basically dr Jones gave up on me because i questioned him. I was told to go elsewhere.

February 17th, 2017
Staff are unprofessional and unorganized
Waited a week for a call for a report from dr jones for imaging from another hospital, only to find out the wrong fax number was sent from dr jones office, so very frustrating. Add it to the list of bungled office staff who are too busy to do there tasks correctly.

February 15th, 2017
herded like cattle!
Patient load is out of control, wait time is way too long every appt. i had i sighn in sit down and then imediatly am called back to window for there payment, then sit and wait. Twice i was actually forgotten about after 45min wait!!!

February 15th, 2017
No time for this patient?
Dr jones refused to do a pre certification required by insurance stating he has no time and his staff even stated that they do not do them? Be aware if not planning on going to bellfonte hospital for services be prepared for an uphill battle with his staff!! Supposedly they are not affiliated with the hospital but my experience suggests otherwise.

February 10th, 2017
Office is horribly understaffed and lacking interpersonal communication skills, refuse to do precerts if not going to there hospital, I believe the patient has the right to go where they want. Dr jones basically said to go elsewhere because it was too much work to talk to insurance

April 13th, 2016
By far the most capable and (in my opinion) compassionate Dr. I have seen. His ability to intuitively change his conversation to be understood by each patient is amazing.

October 14th, 2015
Caring
I appreciate that Dr. Jones listens to what I have to say. He doesn't run in and run out. Thank you Dr. jones for caring!

October 27th, 2014
kidney stones
He gave me a shot for the pain. Made an appointment with a specialist.

April 17th, 2014
Good Doctor
Dr Jones is very bright, caring and easy to talk with. Listens to you and does not talk AT YOU.

August 13th, 2012
Dr. Jones is very caring, he will spend whatever time you need with him - which in turn causes a wait - but I don't mind the wait for him, as he is treating and respecting his patients needs by going the extra step of giving us his time. His diagnosis have been correct and he does not send you for tests that are not needed. Dr. Jones remembers patients by name and also problems that are going on with the patient - other than medical, and his caring shows whenever he asks about them on the next visit. I have never had a doctor that will spend time with me - just to make sure that I am ok medically and mentally.

June 20th, 2012
unprofesional
In my opinion with the things that happened to me while i was a patient of DEREK JONES he seemed to care about what was going on at the time with my cituation. And then had a drug test (URINE) iwas sent a letter that expelled me from his care, without no provocation on my part. i know what the law says about certain meds but i went thourgh alot, not as much as some but bad enough. SO in my opinion the aboved mentioned doctor has not asked me to bring my meds in count them so that made me feel like an drug abuser or someone who would be like a harden criminal. And now being that said the letter wich indicates that i had a small amount of my meds which i was taking regularly. so in my opinion i wasnt even able to defend myself. (DROPED ME COLD TURKEY OUT ON A LIMB) DOESNT SEEM TOO CARE.