Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

I Like the Doctor but can't recommend him show details I Like the Doctor but can't recommend him
by Unhappy with Office on Sep 21st, 2016

Being new to Northern Colorado I went to Dr. McIntosh as recommended by a friend. She is able to get in to see him when needed and loves his approach. I will agree with his approach and like seeing a DO as I have issues that require adjustment as well as medical problems. I found that it was impossible to get an appointment within a reasonable amount of time. Any where from 5 weeks to the last time I called, yesterday Sept. 20th 2016 and was scheduled for an appointment on January 21, 2017. Needless to say I am looking for a doctor. I wonder if this is because they don't want to treat an elderly population and so make it hard to get in. (61years old) Or they don't like me, I am really quite stumped. I never have had so much trouble. Frankly I have had some really specific issues with the office and I wonder if it is the staff or the doctor. Either way I can't recommend him.

Dec 16th, 2014

Excellent doctor. I would highly recommend him!!

Unavailability show details Unavailability
Apr 5th, 2013

When I have actually have been able to see Dr. Mcintosh I think he is a great doctor. However, the front desk does not make any real effort to fit you in, and when I actually need to see him I am unable to get an appointment. It is pointless to have a primary doctor , if you cant see him when you are actually sick. Other offices I have been a part of have always made an effort when I have had a valid reason to visit. I probably need to find a new doctor, and will not reccomend this office to coworkers or friends.

Was looking for a new primary care doc show details Was looking for a new primary care doc
Sep 8th, 2012

After my previous primary care physician moved on to a different specialty this past year, I finally started searching for a new physician in August. After using the internet to research the education, specialty, & type of practice for northern Colorado doctors, I discovered a Dr. Deric McIntosh who seemed to have the right amount of medical education & training but also employs a osteopathic, hands on approach in practicing medicine. With an ongoing health issue (colitis) which flares up periodically, I discovered in our conversation that Dr. McIntosh also prefers to first use a whole body technique in controlling disease rather than just prescription medications. Although my previous physicians have prescribed a more agressive medication, like Pentasa, to control these episodes, Dr. McIntosh's suggestion to first use a probiotic to maintain & promote gastrointestinal health & digestive system balance seems to have worked in this instance. After less than 2 weeks of taking the probiotic, the several days of colitis let up & did not become severe enough to make me homebound for several weeks to months as it usually does. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by Dr. McIntosh's knowledge, professionalism, and easygoing manner for only 33 years of age. Since my own age is mid-60's, however, I do wonder if the age difference will be a good fit for the health issues I have (or will have) with a 30 years difference between us & will be discussing that with family & friends; and another health care insurance 'Open Season' through the FEHBP is coming up in just another 2-1/2 months.