Dr. Deric Ravsten DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 4 reviews

April 4th, 2016
Dr Ravston is very knowledgeable in the administration of psychotropic medications. I have suffered from mental illness for most of my life and have ran the gauntlet with psychiatrists. I have been over, under and incorrectly medicated by every "specialist" I saw until I met Dr Ravston. Although his bedside manner leaves something to desire I feel like I'm properly medicated and feel better than I have ever felt in my life. Also, his staff is very courteous as well as highly professional.

December 29th, 2014
He was not at all engaging. All he did was type. I didn't feel like he listened to what I said and will not be going back. A total waste of money.

April 17th, 2013
Too busy typing to care
I was referred to Dr. Ravston by a friend. My expereince was not good. He was too busy typing to care. He never looked at me. He was snippy. He seemed unhappy himself. He did not have a good "bedside manner", he seemed rushed. I will not be returning to him. The staff there was very stiff as well. The receptionist didn't look at me either and was all business. My appt was actually last month, they never called to see why I am not returning and why I cancelled my appt either. I notice by the other reviews the typing bothered other people as well. Hopefully he reads there and gets a clue that it is not nice to care more about your computer then a person.

July 20th, 2009
The only psychiatrist you can get into in Pocatello
I wasn't impressed with him after my first visit, but after I went in again my opinion of him improved. During my visits he sat at a computer and typed notes as we went along. I don't know if he chooses to do this or if it's mandated by the group he's part of, but it's a bit awkward. And he seemed to be more concerned with getting things typed in than actually listening to me. Although he does give you a copy of the notes (part of which details what steps you, the patient, should take) at the end of the visit, which seems like a good thing. I might not be remembering correctly but I think my initial visit lasted about a hour and subsequent visits were a half-hour. At the end of each visit he does some sort of brief standardized assessment: asking you to remember three or four words and then seeing if you remember them at the end of the questions, asking what today's date is, and things like that. I think if any of the other psychiatrists in Pocatello were accepting new patients I'd at least try them and see if I liked them any better. But, as it stands now, I'm happy enough with Dr. Ravsten.