Dr. Beverly Held MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 6 reviews

June 22nd, 2014
I felt comfortable
I had a skin mole that was of concern so didn't know where to go. I found Dr. Held on the internet and called for appointment, that was easy. Then in the mail a couple of days later I received the patient info forms, I liked that because I hate filling those things out in the Dr's office. So that was good. I showed up for appointment and waited in reception for maybe 5 mins. The nurse took me to a room, checked my mole and shortly after the Dr came in. Dr. held was very nice, she gave me the lecture about covering up while in the sun and then cut the mole off. No pain at all. Dr. Held sat down with me and discussed a few things, I found her to be very nice and personable.

July 3rd, 2013
Extremely unprofessional!!
I called to make an appointment with Dr. Held. I had seen her one time in 1995 when I was 24 years old. I've never had issues with my skin accept for some light acne after the birth of my first child which warranted my first and only visit. Apparently my insurance didn't pay their entire portion of the bill, which I protested. The office claims they sent me multiple bills from that first visit as I was not paying something I didn't owe. Regardless, based on this situation almost 20 years ago, they rejected my request for a cosmetic appointment!! I was treated in a very condescending manner and humiliated. I can say I do remember Dr. Held being on the sarcastic side anyway. Clearly she instructs her menial petty office employees to behave in the same manner. Funny coming from barely over minimum wage persons that rely on welfare can speak to hard working individuals with insurance and have NEVER had to rely on government assistance that way. Oh we'll, their loss!!

March 6th, 2012
Great first time experience
I was concerned about some moles on my body. So, I called to set up an appointment for a skin cancer screening and they were able to get me in within a week. My appointment was at 2:30 in the afternoon and my wait time in the lobby was only about 5 minutes. After being taken back, the nurse took a brief history and I wasn't even in the patient room for more than two minutes before Dr. Held came in. Right away I could tell she has a caring and understanding personality. She listened to my concerns and then looked me over and reassured me that everything looked OK to her. We then spent about 15 minutes talking about how to take care of my skin, and then about my cardiologist! Come to find out that her husband and I see the same heart doctor and she was explaining about a procedure he had done, which I am currently scheduled to have done later this spring.All-in-all, I was extremely impressed with Dr. Held. Very down to earth, knows her stuff, and takes the same to listen and explain things to the patient. I highly recommend her!

April 11th, 2011
I just called for an appointment and was told Dr. Held does not see patients with skin rashes. She only treats patients with skin cancers, acne and patients who want cosmetic procedures.

November 18th, 2010
Wonderful Dermatologist in Corpus Christi
My wife noticed two moles that looked suspicious and we decided we need to get it checked out ASAP, Dr Held was referred to us by a common friend and we were super pleasantly surprised. Beverly is super nice and patient taking the time to explain compliacted medical stuff like skin cancers with normal people words!! haha anyway she is a wonderful lady that happens to be an expert in skin cancer screening. Highly recommended :)

October 18th, 2010
Professionalism at its best
WHY I WENT: I had a minor skin issue and called some dermatologists in the area. All of them were going to charge more just to see the doctor.SETTING APPOINTMENT:was a breeze. Within ten days I got to see the doctor. OFFICE STAFF: I was pleasantly surprised by the politeness of the front desk staff, but the nurses really blew me away. They made me feel like at home, but also found out everything of my concern without pressuring me and also leaving the option to directly tell Dr. Held of my issues. DOCTOR: When Dr. Held came in, it was clear that Dr. Held relies on her team and that they work well together. She herself was courteous, albeit blunt and direct, which is an asset in my opinion, and at all times professional and polite. She gave me her diagnosis, answered my questions with sufficient detail and gave me the treatment options. She instilled confidence and trust in her experience and I did not hesitate to undergo treatment her office offered. TREATMENT: The minor surgery took about fifteen minutes, and I watched the procedure before my eyes. Again, the teamwork impressed me, and especially the friendliness of the nurse staff. For Dr. Held the procedure was a walk in the park. She is very skilled with the scalpel and the stitching was masterful. The wound has healed well in the mean time.OVERALL OPINION: Trusting a doctor is an individual decision. The other reviewers might have been expecting too much. I would advise people to call different offices and ask about the specialties of the doctors. That might help avoid spending money, hurt feelings and disappointment. In my simple case, the office of Dr. Held was fully capable of carrying out the treatment, and I highly recommend her. Only one thing about my experience with Dr. Held that was less than positive: the nurse that took out the stitches seemed rushed, and she might have needed better glasses.