Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.0

|  Transfer care to UCLA  |  show details
by Dr. Dubinsky Patient on Aug 21st, 2014

I was referred to Dr. McGovern after my fav doc Dr. Dubinsky left Cedars. Dr. McGovern is as promised a nice person. However, I felt he try to push me to take certain drug called vedolizumab even though I feel well. After I reluctantly agreed, he wants me to do research and I had to give lots of blood tubes. Although he is nice, I feel I was pressured to do research to please him. I feel that he doesn't really care about me, only cares about what I can give him. I needed his opinion and advice after the clinic visit, but he is never around. I will transfer my care to UCLA as I heard they have a good IBD center. I hope I have luck finding another doc as good as Dr. Dubinsky.

|  He made me feel very small  |  show details
by AS on Feb 16th, 2013

Dr. McDermott and CCFA referred me to this doctor when I moved to Los Angeles. My experience with Dr. McGovern was terrible. First of all, I was seen by a fellow and only spend less than 10 min with Dr. McGovern. In the 10 min that I spent with him, 5 min was him trying to convince me to donate blood for his research. I refused because I wasn't feeling well. I donated blood for research before, but I just don't like to be pressured. When I refused, Dr. McGovern's wasn't as nice and cannot wait to leave. I still had questions to ask him but he told me my appointment was over which was quite rude. I called Dr. McGovern on several occasions but he is never around and returns my calls at most 40% of the time. Not only he doens't follow up with me, but he only occasionally returns my call requesting his call.

|  Not a caring doctor  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2011

He does not care for his patient. He cancelled his clinic on me stating that he is sick. However, I saw him at a local bar having fun and a drink. He is very unprofessional.

|  terrible  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2011

He is simply the worst doctor at Cedars. He has no patience, no manners, and have no idea what he is talking about. Just like what I said about Dr. Shih, if you value your life, stay away from Dr. McGovern.

|  Average at best  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

He is not as bad as other reviews, but not good either. Average at best. The reviews are correct in that he doesn't spend that much time with patients. He is not at all instructive. Dr. McGovern will call you back but you need to call him several times and remind him. My recommendation is that there are other good gastroenterologists at Cedars. Avoid him unless you need to see someone fast.

|  Nice man but a poor doctor  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2011

He is a nice man with a sense of humor. However, he is not very responsible to my needs, do not see me in clinic but send his fellow to see me and does not follow up.

|  agree with previous reviews  |  show details
May 21st, 2011

I agree with all the previous reviews. He is a nice man but a poor doctor.

|  Nice man but not knowledge  |  show details
May 14th, 2011

He is a nice man, but poor bed side manner. I was referred to see Dr. Targan but settled for Dr. McGovern because only he was available. His student Dr. Vora saw me for most of the clinic visit. He only saw me for 5 min. He promised me a lot of things such as calling me for results of my tests but did not call me at all. He also did not return my phone calls. He is a nice man but just doesn't follow through. He ran a lot of unnessary tests too.

|  don't waste your time  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

poor manners and diagnosis. I should have check his med backgound before seen him. He is not licensed in the US. Very poor beside manner and not up to date with modern medicine and treatment. don't waste your time.

|  Stay away  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2011

He is bad, terrible, horrible, nightmare, any negative adjuctive describes him. He is lewd and has inappropriate bedside manners. Woman...STAY AWAY.

|  Do not see him!!!  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2011

He is bad...I was referred to see Dr. Targan but only he was available. He did not spent enough time with me only had me seen by his student Dr. Vora. I don't need a student doctor to see me!!!When he finally came, he spent at most 1 minute with me and then left. I am still in severe pain. If you are told to see Dr. McGovern by Cedars IBD center, tell them no! My advice is to wait for anyone but McGovern

|  lewd doctor  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

I want to warn everyone that Dr. McGovern made me very uncomfortable. He did a breast exam on me but I don't know why. He is a gastroenterologist and I came to see him for abdominal pain. Watch out for this lewd man.