Dr. Deron Ottey MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Starke, FL

3.2

October 20th, 2015
Why Dr. Ottey came highly recommended, his bedside manner leaves more than to be desired. I heard him and his staff arguing and cussing at each other. My theory is if you are not liked by your staff then I am defiantly not going to let you cut on me. Good Luck with that!

September 28th, 2015
No matter how tired at the end of a day, Dr. ottey visited me as promised.He is very caring.

September 10th, 2015
I went to see my primary care and was referred to Dr Ottey for bilateral knee pain. I went online and seen some negative reviews but came and seen the doctor anyways. After seeing Dr Ottey I found this not to be true. I went to my appointment with my mom and was very impressed by the care I received. I was called by Dr Otteys office to set up an appointment the same day I was referred by my primary care doctor and was scheduled 2 days later. When I arrived at my appointment I was seen with in 15 minutes. All employees were very nice and very helpful. Dr Ottey discussed with me what needs to be done to treat my knee problem in a very professional and caring manner. I would highly recommend Dr Ottey to everyone.

July 29th, 2015
DO NOT SEE
He is not a very nice man. I'm not sure where he got this assistant from but she is horrible. If she said UM one more time I would have had to leave. I do not see having surgery done at this practice.

June 16th, 2015
dr. daniels (ottey bone and joints)
I saw dr.daniels. she is the BEST. was right on the diagnosis. my visit was flawless. I had called two offices in Jacksonville, told them I was not working and had no ins. ask if they would set up payments. no compassion at all. told me to call when I had $500. I went to OTTEY BONE AND JOINTS, told them my story. they saw me that day and were happy to work with my finances. one day later I am much better and nearly pain free. it was simple. these people CARE, their is more to a practice than money.

May 1st, 2015
Horrible man
Broke my foot in 2014, had tree pins..was never allowed to see x rays..had real chip on his shoulder...thought everything was about...horrible bed side manner.. Using profanity in proffesional conversation when explaining procedure. After care stunk..ended up getting MRSA in one pin..came in the next day yelling at me saying I did it on purpose...and that I was after his practice...ah...no...made my life a real horror story..no PICC line for vanc and now my veins are destroyed...was on bare basic pain meds..had to have surgery to remove pins...had compartment syndrome in infected toe..which he squeezed without pain meds..I was traumatized by him and will NEVER go to that man again...

August 28th, 2014
He is totally rude! He is very disrespectful to his nurse. His nurse is very kind. Would not recommend.

April 9th, 2013
No bedside manner.
No bedside manner. Yells and swears at patient (myself) talks down to them. Endured two surgeries with him...Needs to learn compassion and how to truly show he cares,not to berate and belittle his patients because they developed an illness AFTER surgery. Even in normal conversation, he uses profanity.

June 4th, 2011
Pleasant
Professional and pleasant personality, I felt at ease in his presence, and i was comfortable asking questions and was satisfied with answers given.