Dr. Derrek Massanari Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Derrek Massanari?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Derrek Massanari?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

June 19th, 2012

Rude, lacks judgement

I took my daughter to Children's in Broomfield after she had severe vomiting and diarrhea for 3 days. I went to urgent care because it would take too long to get in to see our regular dr. This doctor treated us like idiots, and was hateful to my very sick child. She was cooperating as best she could, and he barked orders at her when examining her. Seems to lack any real experience with dealing with children and gaining their trust. As any parent knows, a little effort goes a long way here....Then, before prescribing anything, he was very condescending, asking if we were on medicare. Next time I will wait for my regular pediatrcian.

February 23rd, 2009

Children's Hospital Visit

I took my child into the Children's hospital location in Broomfield and was seen by Dr. Massanari. We were treated like we were idiots for bringing our child in to an urgent care facility for a non-urgent illness. This facility is the closest 24/7 facility to our home, so we didn't have a choice when our child's fever broke 103 degrees and our primary care doctor did not provide a timely return call. I have never been treated by someone with as little respect as I was treated by Dr. Massanari. I could actually hear him making comments in the hall about us and other families about how emergency rooms were for emergencies only. I plan on writing to the medical review board to have his license to practice reviewed.

April 30th, 2009