Overall Review

4.7
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

September 2nd, 2008
Dr. Derrick Anderson is the best doctor in all of Lincoln, Nebraska!!!
Dr. Derrick Anderson saw me during the course of my pregnancy and delivery in 2006. He is absolutely amazing! I can't say enough good things about him. Not only is he caring, intellegent, and funny....he knows his stuff! It is because of Dr. Anderson that I have a beautiful little boy at home. When he was born, he had a condition called meconium. My little one had to spend three days in the NICU at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Lincoln. If it were not for the attentive action that Dr. Anderson took right as he came out, he would have had to spend 3 weeks in the NICU!! The nurses took my son to the NICU right away and my husband followed them while I layed in the bed. They needed parent permission to insert his IV into his belly button as that was the most direct route considering he was just born. It was all a blur to my husband, who had been awake for 48 hours, as he was listening to the risks of this procedure. He simply looked at Dr. Anderson and the doctor shook shook his head in agreement. We trust Dr. Anderson that much. Afterward, my husband started crying and Dr. Anderson put his arm around him and just let him cry while consuling him. If you ask me, Dr. Anderson saved my son's life. My son then got sick at 5 weeks of age with a bacteria infection called beta strep. I took him to the ER at St. Elizabeth hospital at 1:00am. Wouldn't you know it, but at 3:00am, in walks Dr. Anderson. He was leaving on vacation that day, but made it down to the hospital in the middle of the night to make sure my little one was alright. He always answered my questions and when I thought I didn't have any, he would go over it again. He made sure that I understood everything. When my husband came to my visits, he engaged us both and even had a laugh or two. We recommend Dr. Derrick Anderson to anyone who is in need of a doctor. He is absolutely the best and you will NEVER regret going to see him.